Page 6 of 16  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Zimmerman Arrested On Murder Charge In Trayvon Martin Case
3 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 12:21PM #51
Stardove

Apr 15, 2012 -- 10:10AM, Marcion wrote:

Reading the majority of posts, I am convinced Zimmerman can never receive a fair trial' he has already been convicted by the media and the court of public opinion.

Opinion always trumps truth.

I actually know people without TVs just because they do not want them.  I also know people who do not own computers or ever even been on a computer.  If Zimmerman does not take a plea bargain, I trust enough jurors will be found.  Not everyone is aware of the "hot topics" we discuss here at this forum or those the media pushes forward.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 2:20PM #52
Marcion

Apr 15, 2012 -- 12:21PM, Stardove wrote:

Reading the majority of posts, I am convinced Zimmerman can never receive a fair trial' he has already been convicted by the media and the court of public opinion.

I actually know people without TVs just because they do not want them.  I also know people who do not own computers or ever even been on a computer.  If Zimmerman does not take a plea bargain, I trust enough jurors will be found.  Not everyone is aware of the "hot topics" we discuss here at this forum or those the media pushes forward.

Those people are few and far between. I see another OJ circus coming from this trial.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 2:23PM #53
Marcion

Apr 15, 2012 -- 10:30AM, teilhard wrote:

I have more Faith in our Legal System than you do ...

I also have more Confidence in our First Amendment Free Press Arrangements ...  

The Alternative to the Publicity and Public Discussions about such Cases would be Secret Arrests, News Blackouts and Prior Restraint ... Would our Society REALLY be better served if a Guy like Zimmerman was just "disappeared" for a few Months while undergoing The Legal Process ... ???

"What HAPPENED down the Block last Night ... ???  Nobody knows ... The Police won't say anything, and there is NOTHING in the Papers ... Where's George ... ???"

Shall we add mind reader to your other questionable attributes. How the hell do you know what faith I have or don't have in the legal system. Wise up and stick to facts - if you know how.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 2:40PM #54
Stardove

Apr 15, 2012 -- 2:23PM, Marcion wrote:

The Alternative to the Publicity and Public Discussions about such Cases would be Secret Arrests, News Blackouts and Prior Restraint ... Would our Society REALLY be better served if a Guy like Zimmerman was just "disappeared" for a few Months while undergoing The Legal Process ... ???

"What HAPPENED down the Block last Night ... ???  Nobody knows ... The Police won't say anything, and there is NOTHING in the Papers ... Where's George ... ???"

Shall we add mind reader to your other questionable attributes. How the hell do you know what faith I have or don't have in the legal system. Wise up and stick to facts - if you know how.

Marcion,

You are the one who said you are convinced Zimmerman can never receive a fair trial, because he has already been convicted by the media. 

No mind reading going on; just reading what you wrote.  Your own words do not sound like you have much faith in the legal system.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 3:04PM #55
rabello

Zimmerman has plenty of supporters, and not surprisingly, it breaks out along racial and political affiliation lines, with conservatives, in general, blaming Martin, and liberals, in general, blaming Zimmerman.   The defense can get a pro-Zimmerman jury by choosing those who "believe" in Stand Your Ground" laws (aka Shoot first/Ask Questions later laws) and who do not "believe" there is a such thing as racial profiling.   The prosecution doesn't have an unlimited number of challanges

Black Lives Matter
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 3:29PM #56
teilhard

*** I have no NEED to "read your Mind" ... You STATE your Mind VERY clearly (below) ...

(I note, however, that you dodge my Question about "Secret Arrests," Free Press, Prior Restraint, etc. ...)

Apr 15, 2012 -- 2:23PM, Marcion wrote:

Reading the majority of posts, ***I am convinced Zimmerman can never receive a fair trial' he has already been convicted by the media and the court of public opinion.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 4:50PM #57
Iwantamotto

I'm not judging Zimmerman unfairly, I think.

Was he armed when he's not supposed to be?  Yes.

Did he have probable cause other than "he looks teh evulz"?  No.

Did he stalk the kid first?  Yes.

Did he have permission from law enforcement to pursue?  No.

I don't care how much whining Zimmerman does.  These things trump anything he can cry about.

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 4:57PM #58
teilhard

Those FACTS are not in dispute ...

So, The "Night Stalker" Guy is indeed in some REAL Legal Trouble ...

Apr 15, 2012 -- 4:50PM, Iwantamotto wrote:

I don't care how much whining Zimmerman does.  These things trump anything he can cry about.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 5:51PM #59
mainecaptain

Apr 15, 2012 -- 4:50PM, Iwantamotto wrote:

Exactly!!!!

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 8:52PM #60
Fodaoson

I'm not judging Zimmerman unfairly, I think.  Since you do not have  all the  facts and situations  any judgment is unfair   

Was he armed when he's not supposed to be?  Yes.   He is  licensed  to carry a concealed  weapon so he was  within the law and  within his rights

Did he have probable cause other than "he looks teh evulz"?  No.  Again the circumstance of events in the neighborhood indicate that criminal  mischief  had been occurring  and some indication it was  perpetrated by young black males.

Did he stalk the kid first?  Yes.    Interpretation

Did he have permission from law enforcement to pursue?  No.   Watching over the neighborhood does not require or need LE permission. No one needs permission to  protect ones home .

This is a judgment MAYBE  based on ignorance of circumstance

I AM NOT defending Zimmerman. I just do not know the facts.

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 16  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook