Page 13 of 16  •  Prev 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Zimmerman Arrested On Murder Charge In Trayvon Martin Case
3 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 11:44PM #121
jane2

Apr 20, 2012 -- 6:46PM, teilhard wrote:

(IMHO) Part of what's really, really, really WRONG in American Society today is that we don't have "Neighbors" anymore, but "Competitors" ...

We've been relentessly encouraged to FEAR "Others" and regard them as Hostile Dangerous Interlopers at best ... and Targets at worst ...

Apr 20, 2012 -- 6:36PM, Iwantamotto wrote:

mindis1:  Notice in 776.012(1) that in order to justify the use of deadly force a person only needs to “reasonably believe[] that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony”. Justifiable homicide under this law does not require that no pursuit occur prior to when the person “reasonably believe[d] that such force [was] necessary . . .”

I'm aware that the whine is that he felt he was in danger.  What I'm calling is BS on whether or not he was.  I realize he might get off scot-free because he's a paranoid moron, but then again I don't call 911 when my non-white neighbors go outside to get their mail, neither.

teilhard:  So ... IOW, you think it WAS entirely "justifiable" Self-Defense IF Trayvon Martin HAD been attempting to BEAT the LIFE out of The "Night Stalker" Guy, who WAS after all, carrying a DEADLY  WEAPON as he stalked the INNOCENT Teenager ... ??? (Or does The Law protect ONLY White Guys with Guns ... ???)

That's what gets me:  that Zimmerman can claim self-defense at all.  Even if Martin beat the crap out of him, he deserved it for being a paranoid moron.  He chased the kid with a frickin' GUN.  It's not Zimmerman who should be claiming self-defense, but I guess "self-defense" only works if you're the one left standing, huh?  I guess if you're the killer and left standing, "self-defense" arguments are yours to make, even if they belonged the dead one.

Erey:  He will never move in the world the same way.  He will always have this incredible burden to carry.

I'd feel more sorry for him if he wasn't the one who made that burden by being an asshole.

I think his problem was calling 911 at all.  He should've just hunted the kid down ('cause that's really what it was) and THEN called to say he'd been attacked by some hoodlum.  However, the idiot decided to call first, so we can all hear how he decided not to follow law enforcement's advice.  *sarcastic applause*

Some have been conditioned to "fear", but that is not a universal truth. And life in the South keeps changing. Change is not always welcome. I am fortunate to live in a "cop-riddled" suburb. I pay the taxes to keep it that way.

Actually I have real neighbors in my ranch-condo complex. We are aware.

I am wary of stand your ground laws outside the home and of pistol-packing wahoos.

Those who live outside the South will have difficulty understanding the constant change here. I'm not going Zimmerman's bail either in any sense. He killed an unarmed black teen.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2012 - 1:37PM #122
Stardove

Last night around 10:00 I was leaving a hospital in Fort Worth where I had been at a group meeting.  As I entered the parking garage there was only myself and a younger (than me) black man.  It might have been easy to "step into fear" being a woman alone in a parking garage, but I threw back my shoulders and walked on behind him.

The man had a remote and I heard a beep then a motor come to life on a late model Cadillac.  As I passed the running car the man was opening the door I said, "Have a good evening". "You too" he replied. I walked on to my car.

I really didn't feel any fear, but for a split second my mind raced with the thought "Am I safe?" and decided I was. 

One thing I mentioned in group was to "to feel the fear and do it anyway".

In my opinion Zimmerman wasn't the one who felt fear.  Why should he have?  He had a gun. 

Trayvon on the other hand felt the fear and all he could do was run.

Got an email saying Zimmerman has been released on bond.  Haven't read all of new posts on the thread or the news on his release yet.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2012 - 2:00PM #123
Stardove

Apr 20, 2012 -- 9:58AM, Cesmom wrote:

ABC is now showing a picture that they say was taken of the injury to the back of Zimmerman's head right after the shooting.  If this is legitimate, it would show that there was definitely a physical altercation between them before Trayvon was shot.  Even if that's true, the host makes a good point that many have been making all along...

“Even if George Zimmerman was injured in his fight,” said Abrams, “it doesn’t change the fact that the prosecutors clearly believe that Zimmerman was the aggressor. And if Zimmerman was the aggressor and they got into a fight, that doesn’t allow him to use deadly force. It simply — you can’t be losing a fight and then decide to use your gun to protect yourself.”

www.mediaite.com/tv/gma-shows-exclusive-...

Take a close look at the left ear of Zimmerman from the back.  Then compare with images of Zimmerman's showing his ears.  To me it appears the bloody head picture is not the same person just by looking at the ears.  In the frontal pictures Zimmerman's ears are pinned back close to his head.  The ear in the picture at the link stick out away from the head.  (just being a detective here)

static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/upl...

Bloody head picture link above.

cdn2.dailycaller.com/2012/03/George-Zimm...

Picture of Zimmerman at link above.

If I am correct and the picture of bloody head is not Zimmerman's, the people responsible for picture should have found a closer match. 

Do you see what I see?

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2012 - 12:45PM #124
teilhard

I saw the putative Photos of George "Night Stalker" Zimmerman's ("Life-threatening" ... ???) "Injuries" -- a couple of obviously VERY slight Scratches to the Back of his Head, bleeding VERY little for a Scalp "Wound" ...  He apparently didn't even need a "BAND-AID," much less "Stitches" ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2012 - 1:25PM #125
Iwantamotto

I'd want to see a back picture of Zimmerman to be sure, but the hair pattern also seems different, not just the ear thing.  Even if it's him, though ... please.  That's NOT having the crap beaten out of him.  That's a minor injury with a few thin blood trails.  That's maybe one impact site (they all seem to be draining from the same place), and not even a big one at that.  I've done worse falling off my bike as a kid.

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2012 - 3:00PM #126
REteach

Frankly, I would not be at all surprised if Martin jumped Zimmerman. Being young and threatened and close, it was a fairly reasonable thing to do. He felt (and was) being threatened.  The thing is it would not have happened if Zimmerman had merely notified the cops and went on his way as instructed instead of trying to be a hero. Actually, he sounds like he might have been the kind of guy who would have gone out of his way to help Martin if he hadn't decided his was an effing something or other based on being black and having his hood up in the rain. 

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 22, 2012 - 6:16PM #127
Iwantamotto

Yeah, I heard he got out of jail too.  I think he'll need to stay in a place where something like the Neighborhood Watch can keep him safe.

Oh, wait ...

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2012 - 5:09PM #128
Marcion

I read where Alan Dershowitz, Harvard law orofessor, said the prosecution was not playing by the rules. Why am I not surprised. Anytime the Reverend Al is in the picture you can be assured there is dirty pool going on behind the scene.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2012 - 10:36PM #129
teilhard

Well, YEAH ... !!!  

Alan Dershowitz was a important Member of OJ Simpson's Defense Team ...

Apr 23, 2012 -- 5:09PM, Marcion wrote:

I read where Alan Dershowitz, Harvard law orofessor, said the prosecution was not playing by the rules. Why am I not surprised. Anytime the Reverend Al is in the picture you can be assured there is dirty pool going on behind the scene.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 23, 2012 - 11:07PM #130
arielg

Well, YEAH ... !!! 

Alan Dershowitz was a important Member of OJ Simpson's Defense Team ...

A real scumbag.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 13 of 16  •  Prev 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook