Page 1 of 16  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Zimmerman Arrested On Murder Charge In Trayvon Martin Case
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 6:37PM #1
rocketjsquirell
Zimmerman Arrested On Murder Charge In Trayvon Martin Case

George Zimmerman, who says he killed unarmed Florida teenager Trayvon Martin in self defense, has been arrested and will face a charge of second-degree murder, says State Attorney Angela Corey, the special prosecutor investigating Martin's death.

Corey said that Zimmerman turned himself in to the authorities Wednesday.

The arrest and charges come more than six weeks after Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, shot Martin, an African-American who was 17 when he died. Zimmerman, 28, was not jailed or charged after the Feb. 26 shooting. Since then, the case has become a cause of both outrage and contention.

full article:
www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/04/11/...

We will see what we will see.
I bet Mr. Zimmerman regrets not cooperating with his legal counsel now. Hopefully he regrets shooting an unarmed teenager as well.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 6:46PM #2
mytmouse57

I'm glad the prosecutor took the time and did all the homework. It stand to reason this would not have gone forward without a solid case.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 6:49PM #3
mainecaptain

It is about time. Now I hope justice is actually served.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 6:58PM #4
jane2

Apr 11, 2012 -- 6:49PM, mainecaptain wrote:

As do I and most of us.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 7:01PM #5
jane2

Rocky

"We will see what we will see.
I bet Mr. Zimmerman regrets not cooperating with his legal counsel now. Hopefully he regrets shooting an unarmed teenager as well. "

I totally agree.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 8:27PM #6
Justme333

My position has always been that I wanted a full and thorough investigation, and I think that has finally happened.  I do not know enough about law to know if 2nd degree murder fits with what we have been told.  Course who knows if what we have been told is acurate.  Am wondering if the charge is so severe so that a plea bargain can be made and reduce it to voluntary manslaughter.  Also wonder if the Sanford police are wishing they had gone with the first investigator's report and charged him with Manslaughter to begin with. It would be great if our country could now let the justice system do its job and let the political and/or race issues go, but I won't hold my breath.

Justme

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."  Will Rogers

"Give to those who ask, and don't turn away from those who want to borrow."  Matthew 5:42

"Charity is no substitute for justice withheld."         St. Augustine

"Your love for God is only as great as the love you have for the person you love least."  Dorothy Day

"If you want peace, work for justice." Pope Paul VI
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 8:36PM #7
teilhard

This will take TIME ... The Trial won't be held next week or next Month ...

Apr 11, 2012 -- 8:27PM, Justme333 wrote:

My position has always been that I wanted a full and thorough investigation, and I think that has finally happened.  I do not know enough about law to know if 2nd degree murder fits with what we have been told.  Course who knows if what we have been told is acurate.  Am wondering if the charge is so severe so that a plea bargain can be made and reduce it to voluntary manslaughter.  Also wonder if the Sanford police are wishing they had gone with the first investigator's report and charged him with Manslaughter to begin with. It would be great if our country could now let the justice system do its job and let the political and/or race issues go, but I won't hold my breath.

Justme

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 9:22PM #8
REteach

I really hate it when somebody does something just plain dumb and ruins the lives of others and themselves.  

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 9:28PM #9
Marcion

I can't believe the special prosecutor went for second degree murder. that is going to be very hard to prove. She should have gone for manslaughter and had a better chance of winning, 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 9:29PM #10
teilhard

MAYBE The Prosecutor has developed/learned some FACTS that will be made Public at Trial ...

Apr 11, 2012 -- 9:28PM, Marcion wrote:

I can't believe the special prosecutor went for second degree murder. that is going to be very hard to prove. She should have gone for manslaughter and had a better chance of winning, 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 16  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook