Page 3 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 11:35AM #21
Ebon

Apr 12, 2012 -- 10:33AM, farragut wrote:

Ah, but we have no Space Police.

Maybe we should.

I'm serious. At some point (probably sooner rather than later), there are going to be enough humans in space that we are going to need some sort of body to enforce laws out there.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 12:55PM #22
TemplarS

Apr 12, 2012 -- 7:50AM, teilhard wrote:

North Korea is just plain simply WIERD ... and a "Pariah" State ... and therefore PARANOID ... and so, DANGEROUS ... 

Who knows what to do with such a Country ... ???

They are weird, and paranoid- but, one imagines, they are not suicidal either. 

They have a handful of nukes (maybe), and are trying to develop the capabiity to put a few of these on rockets.  But to what end?  They can in no way actually contemplate using these in an offensive way.  Even Iran could not contemplate this, and North Korea is no Iran. 

One would think that their intent (like Iran's) is rather to deter any external attack. In the face of such an attack which would doom their regime in any event, use of nukes becomes credible.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 4:27PM #23
teilhard

I'm sure a lot of it is about seeking Respect from other Nations and Societies AND Deterrrence a la "MAD" ...

Apr 12, 2012 -- 12:55PM, TemplarS wrote:

Apr 12, 2012 -- 7:50AM, teilhard wrote:

North Korea is just plain simply WIERD ... and a "Pariah" State ... and therefore PARANOID ... and so, DANGEROUS ... 

Who knows what to do with such a Country ... ???

They are weird, and paranoid- but, one imagines, they are not suicidal either. 

They have a handful of nukes (maybe), and are trying to develop the capabiity to put a few of these on rockets.  But to what end?  They can in no way actually contemplate using these in an offensive way.  Even Iran could not contemplate this, and North Korea is no Iran. 

One would think that their intent (like Iran's) is rather to deter any external attack. In the face of such an attack which would doom their regime in any event, use of nukes becomes credible.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 7:39PM #24
IDBC

Apr 11, 2012 -- 1:13PM, Marcion wrote:

From the early days of space exploration it was decreed that space was open to all nations.

If North Korea plans to launch a weather satellite as they are claiming, why the pucker factor by other nations. Who has the authority to block the peaceful use of space?

www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/11/us-ko...

Please don't give me the old bullshit about potential military use; the US launcehed most of its early satellites using military rockets. 

Because "if" and "claiming". 

Who has the authority to block rockets IF the rocket is NOT for the launch of a weather satellite as the are  "claiming" ? 

Did the U.S. launch any of the early military rockets for non-peaceful reasons?  

Rockets can be used for both military and for non-military purposes.  

It is not bullshit that rockets have the potiential for both military and non-military purposes. 

So it comes down to whose "claims" you believe.   

Those of the glorious workers paradise the Democratic (?)People's Republic of Korea  or that of good ol USA and their lackeys.  

HAVE A THINKING DAY MAY REASON GUIDE YOU
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 10:42PM #25
teilhard

The Missile Launch FAILED today ... Better Luck NEXT Time, Guys ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 11:06PM #26
jane2

Apr 12, 2012 -- 10:42PM, teilhard wrote:

Amen and amen.............................

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 11:22PM #27
rangerken

Apr 12, 2012 -- 11:06PM, jane2 wrote:

I would love to know if we had something to do with the failure. I sure do hope so. But either way, I'm glad it failed.

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 1:14PM #28
Iwantamotto

I think a TIE fighter shot it down.  I hear there's a Stormtrooper stuck in Austrailia somewhere.

Knock and the door shall open.  It's not my fault if you don't like the decor.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 6:50PM #29
Marcion

Apr 12, 2012 -- 11:06PM, jane2 wrote:

So big deal! We didn't fare much better in the early days of our space program. It just points out that space technolgy is a difficult road.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 6:54PM #30
Marcion

Apr 12, 2012 -- 7:39PM, IDBC wrote:

Apr 11, 2012 -- 1:13PM, Marcion wrote:

From the early days of space exploration it was decreed that space was open to all nations.

If North Korea plans to launch a weather satellite as they are claiming, why the pucker factor by other nations. Who has the authority to block the peaceful use of space?

www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/11/us-ko...

Please don't give me the old bullshit about potential military use; the US launcehed most of its early satellites using military rockets. 

Because "if" and "claiming". 

Who has the authority to block rockets IF the rocket is NOT for the launch of a weather satellite as the are  "claiming" ? 

Did the U.S. launch any of the early military rockets for non-peaceful reasons?  

Rockets can be used for both military and for non-military purposes.  

It is not bullshit that rockets have the potiential for both military and non-military purposes. 

So it comes down to whose "claims" you believe.   

Those of the glorious workers paradise the Democratic (?)People's Republic of Korea  or that of good ol USA and their lackeys.  

Our early spy satellites were launched under the guise of the peaceful Discovery program. It was called hide in plain sight. Try doing some research, you may learn something.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook