Page 39 of 46  •  Prev 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 46 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Redneck A-holes with guns
2 years ago  ::  May 16, 2012 - 11:14AM #381
headhuntersix

May 13, 2012 -- 12:20PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

It's a problem in the subdivisions and towns, where hunting wouldn't be practical anyway.

Right, the problem is where there's a high density of both people and deer.  There's no hunting allowed in places with high density human population.  In Fairfax county, VA, they have to, at great expense, hire professional hunters to shoot gazillions of deer one weekend every year.  Of course, they can't warn the locals, since that would only give the idiot PETA PEEPLE the opportunity to run around in the woods in deer costumes, trying to martyr themselves for the cause...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 16, 2012 - 1:43PM #382
mytmouse57

May 16, 2012 -- 10:56AM, headhuntersix wrote:

May 4, 2012 -- 10:17AM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Greetings from a fellow Wyoming resident! (Have also lived in Idaho and Montana.)

Funny how the wolf issue always brings out armchair quarterbacks who live nowhere near here, eh?

Sure is.  I'm actually in the Army now, nowhere near Wyoming at the moment...I'm in *gag* the Democratic Peoples Republic of Kalifornia.  Beautiful state, but the sort of fruits and nuts who want to dictate conservation policy to Wyoming are running this place...into the ground.

Thanks for serving.

I understand there's some -- limited -- hunting in California. Deer, bear, some elk, etc. 

I had an uncle, now passed away. Who lived in the Bay area. He took us skiing in the Sierras once. Snow felt like liquid cement... LOL.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 16, 2012 - 4:20PM #383
headhuntersix

May 16, 2012 -- 1:43PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

I understand there's some -- limited -- hunting in California. Deer, bear, some elk, etc. 

Yeah, I think so.  I do all of mine lately on my uncle's land in northern Minnesota.  Lotsa tasty critters in the big north woods.  He actually got called to shoot a black bear for a nuisance on a neighbor's land  not too long ago...bear chili is taaaaasty!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 16, 2012 - 4:42PM #384
mytmouse57

May 16, 2012 -- 4:20PM, headhuntersix wrote:

May 16, 2012 -- 1:43PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Yeah, I think so.  I do all of mine lately on my uncle's land in northern Minnesota.  Lotsa tasty critters in the big north woods.  He actually got called to shoot a black bear for a nuisance on a neighbor's land  not too long ago...bear chili is taaaaasty!

I've not had much bear meat. But what I did eat, was good. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 16, 2012 - 5:21PM #385
arielg

The thread has taken a very enlightened turn. The  trigger happy,  blood thirsty redneck A-holes have taken over from  the " fruits and nuts PETA  idiots".

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 16, 2012 - 6:08PM #386
mytmouse57

We try our best. Laughing

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 16, 2012 - 6:45PM #387
solfeggio

arielg -

Loud-mouthed, brutish louts who get their kicks taking the lives of other animals will always shout down anyone who dares to disagree with their primitive ideas of 'sport' based on the Stone Age man-the-mighty-hunter philosophy of life.

PeTA has it all summed up in their blog:

www.peta.org/issues/Wildlife/why-sport-h...

And, I repeat what I said earlier, which is that if there are so many deer that they are getting out of hand (probably because hunters killed off all the natural predators), then why aren't the scientists trying to work out some sort of birth control to keep them from multiplying?

archive.audubonmagazine.org/webstories/d...

Humans do not need to eat deer.  We are not carnivorous animals, and we always have a choice.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 17, 2012 - 12:03AM #388
Yavanna

May 16, 2012 -- 6:45PM, solfeggio wrote:

arielg -

Loud-mouthed, brutish louts who get their kicks taking the lives of other animals will always shout down anyone who dares to disagree with their primitive ideas of 'sport' based on the Stone Age man-the-mighty-hunter philosophy of life.

PeTA has it all summed up in their blog:

www.peta.org/issues/Wildlife/why-sport-h...

And, I repeat what I said earlier, which is that if there are so many deer that they are getting out of hand (probably because hunters killed off all the natural predators), then why aren't the scientists trying to work out some sort of birth control to keep them from multiplying?

archive.audubonmagazine.org/webstories/d...

Humans do not need to eat deer.  We are not carnivorous animals, and we always have a choice.

That's right. I make it a point to run over raccoons just because it gets me off. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to grease the wheels with all the little babies following their mom. Why, when I go around with my twenty assault rifles (all Americans have at least ten) and pump Bambi full of bullets I have at least two orgasms.

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 17, 2012 - 1:26AM #389
solfeggio

Why do some posters persist in throwing out nonsequiters as if they were pearls of wisdom? ( I guess it is just too much fun to deride any and all substantive points that some of us make.)

Is it such a joke to try to talk about the rights of sentient beings?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 17, 2012 - 10:13AM #390
mytmouse57

I've been hunting for a long time, and also help to instruct Hunter Education classes.

Only about 1 in 20, or fewer, of the other hunters I've met are the type Solf describes -- the pathological freaks out there just to kill something for kicks, or to try to compensate for some deep-seated insecurity or inferiority complex.

The thing is, because hunting  -- at least on the vast tracks of public land and with truely wild animals such as we have here -- takes quite a lot of skill, patience and persistance. Those out there for the worst of reasons are usually too impatient, too physically unfit, too unskilled or just flat-out too lazy to be much good at it, and usually just give up. They either go home, or end up sitting in camp, drinking beer. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 39 of 46  •  Prev 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 46 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook