Page 3 of 46  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 46 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Redneck A-holes with guns
3 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2012 - 1:45PM #21
Cesmom

Wolves are beautiful creatures...makes me sad.

Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 10:26AM #22
Marcion

Apr 5, 2012 -- 1:45PM, Cesmom wrote:

Wolves are beautiful creatures...makes me sad.

I agree with you. Wolves are some of the most noble creatures. Humans could learn some family values from wolves.

The killing of wolves is just an excuse to satisfy the genetically inherent blood lust in humans.

I recall the TV series Battlestar Galactica that illuminated just how flawed the human species is.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 10:31AM #23
Marcion

Apr 5, 2012 -- 1:23PM, rabello wrote:

Apr 5, 2012 -- 12:51PM, Esdraelon wrote:

Wolves and ranchers have always been at odds, though. The more open the range, the more the certainty that wolves, bears, cougars, and the like will take their pick.

Correction:

The more open the range, the more the certainty that ranchers and hunters will take their pick of wolves, bears, cougars, and the like.

What is ironic is that the wolf population in these states were restored, only so that they could be killed by ranchers and hunters.  

The states' wildlife management agencies, always so lauded by hunting and gun supporters, fell down on the job, as is clearly indicated in both articles.   Torture of animals by redneck A-holes with guns, or traps, or snares, should be prosecuted, not championed on Facebook.

To a wolf, a ranch is just a fast food restaurant.

I recently saw an episode on Animal Planet where they showed a hiker had been killed by a wolf pack. After some research, I found that she had actually been killed by a bear. So much for truth in reporting.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 12:27PM #24
Stardove

My husband and I had two little mate male dogs who were 1/4 wolf, the bothers grew old and have now passed away.  They were great animals.

Our dog Ranger with Gus the bull ~ See the wolf picture below.

Wolf Torture and Execution Continues in the Northern Rockies

By late March some 117 Idaho wolves had been killed in traps and snares, and another 251 shot. Montana saw 166 killed, for a total of 534 wolves out of an estimated 1150 in the two states. Although Montana’s season ended in February, Idaho is not quite done. Both states have announced plans for increased hunting in the 2012-2013, and discussions are underway among hunting groups and state officials to allow private donations to establish wolf bounties.

As recently as the spring of 2011, gray wolves in the Northern Rockies received protection from he Endangered Species Act. But in April, 2011 Congress passed a rider on a federal appropriations bill removing them. Montana Democratic Senator Jon Tester, facing a 2012 challenge from Republican Congressman Danny Rehberg, wanted to show Democrats hated wolves just as much as Republicans. Conservation groups filed suit in Montana’s federal district court, claiming the delisting represented an unconstitutional infringement by Congress on the judicial branch while it deliberated an ongoing lawsuit over federal wolf protection.

More of the article at the link.

Wild Wolf

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 6:29PM #25
Marcion

Interesting article. I have done a lot of research on wolf-dogs. The first generation are the most difficult to handle; they don't know when to act like a wolf or a dog. Subsequent breeding with dogs results in healthier animals. over breeding the wolf gene out of dogs has resulted in many genetic disorders depending on the breed.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 6:32PM #26
Marcion

Apr 4, 2012 -- 11:02PM, Erey wrote:

I believe wolves are no longer considered endangered. 

It is sad to see nature and civilization come up against each other like this.  Some types of nature coexist very well with civilization, other types not so much. 

Out near me we have coyotes but the wolves are pretty few and far between.  Although the wolves do come up into the city on rare occasion.  Coyotes coexist with human populations much better than wolves or mountain lions or grizzly bears.

Another benefit of wolves is that they keep the coyote population in check.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 6:38PM #27
Marcion

Not to be off topic,but I recently read that some of the survivors of the original Bison herds are going to be placed on the plains where their ancestors roamed by the millions.

Looks like the old American Indian prophecy that buffalo would return to the plains is about to become a reality.

Some humans are worthless swine, others have a kinship with their fellow creatures. Praise to St Francis.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 7:21PM #28
jane2

Apr 6, 2012 -- 6:38PM, Marcion wrote:

Not to be off topic,but I recently read that some of the survivors of the original Bison herds are going to be placed on the plains where their ancestors roamed by the millions.

Looks like the old American Indian prophecy that buffalo would return to the plains is about to become a reality.

Some humans are worthless swine, others have a kinship with their fellow creatures. Praise to St Francis.

Happy about the Bison. We lived for 5 years in the reservation housing for key employees on the grounds of the Federal Penitentiary at Leavenworth where two Bison grazed. I am for the preservation of our wildlife. I also eat a bit of the beef produced by our ranchers.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 11:13AM #29
Marcion

For those misinformed individuals who think humans are the pinnacle of creation - pick a fight with a grizzly bear.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 3:17PM #30
rabello

Apr 7, 2012 -- 11:13AM, Marcion wrote:

For those misinformed individuals who think humans are the pinnacle of creation - pick a fight with a grizzly bear.

That's why those who think that humans are the pinnacle of creation carry guns.  

That's also why I support the right to arm bears.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 46  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 46 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook