Post Reply
Page 7 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Michelle Duggar tells CBN We Could Fit the Entire Planet of 7 Billion+ People in Jacksonville, Fla
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 12:13PM #61
mytmouse57
Posts: 9,782

Well, as the old saying goes,


"Any man who says he's a feminist is just trying to get laid."



That said, I don't think the lady's comments were meant to imply that everybody could, should or would live in Jacksonville. I think it was more along the lines of pointing up how little actual space we really occupy.


For those shoved into places like New York City, it probably does seem as if the planet is jam packed.


But, I just drove across Nevada a couple of days ago. Trust me, there's still a lot of empty space out there... a lot. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 1:01PM #62
farragut
Posts: 4,041

"


Well, as the old saying goes,


"Any man who says he's a feminist is just trying to get laid."


 


Is there anything wrong with that?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 1:16PM #63
mainecaptain
Posts: 21,786

Apr 9, 2012 -- 4:17AM, Qwesam wrote:


Apr 6, 2012 -- 1:05PM, mainecaptain wrote:


Apr 6, 2012 -- 12:53PM, Iwantamotto wrote:


 Women?  I was going to sterilize the men.  After all, we are limited with how many we can bring in at a time, but a guy can sow seeds all day long.  :P




I think we should start a strong sterilisation program and begin will every man who voted to limited women's rights. We certainly do not need bast*rds like that breeding.


In fact it should only be men who vote to end women's rights




You know I am a man but always support women's rights.  However, I think your idea is great!  You have my 100% support.


 


 




Thank you. Smile I hope I was not offensive. I did not want to make a blanket statement. I know all men are not these type of men.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 1:33PM #64
mytmouse57
Posts: 9,782

Apr 9, 2012 -- 1:16PM, mainecaptain wrote:


Apr 9, 2012 -- 4:17AM, Qwesam wrote:


Apr 6, 2012 -- 1:05PM, mainecaptain wrote:


Apr 6, 2012 -- 12:53PM, Iwantamotto wrote:


 Women?  I was going to sterilize the men.  After all, we are limited with how many we can bring in at a time, but a guy can sow seeds all day long.  :P




I think we should start a strong sterilisation program and begin will every man who voted to limited women's rights. We certainly do not need bast*rds like that breeding.


In fact it should only be men who vote to end women's rights




You know I am a man but always support women's rights.  However, I think your idea is great!  You have my 100% support.


 


 




Thank you.  I hope I was not offensive. I did not want to make a blanket statement. I know all men are not these type of men.




What are "these types of men?"


Are we talking about guys who still think women should not vote, drive, hold public office, work outside the home or speak unless spoken to? Or just anybody who might, say, have some qualms about abortion, but also happens to be male?


I think you need to clarify the parameters of your mandatory sterilization program.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 1:35PM #65
mytmouse57
Posts: 9,782

Apr 9, 2012 -- 1:01PM, farragut wrote:


"


Well, as the old saying goes,


"Any man who says he's a feminist is just trying to get laid."


 


Is there anything wrong with that?




Well, apparently it works.


So...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 7:33PM #66
mountain_man
Posts: 39,663

Apr 9, 2012 -- 12:13PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

....But, I just drove across Nevada a couple of days ago. Trust me, there's still a lot of empty space out there... a lot.


And why do you believe that area is so sparsely inhabited? Would YOU want to live there? No jobs. No water. 100+ degrees all summer. Cold all winter. No water. Soil is not good for farming or growing anything. Oh, did I say no water?

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 8:30PM #67
mainecaptain
Posts: 21,786

Apr 9, 2012 -- 7:33PM, mountain_man wrote:


Apr 9, 2012 -- 12:13PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

....But, I just drove across Nevada a couple of days ago. Trust me, there's still a lot of empty space out there... a lot.


And why do you believe that area is so sparsely inhabited? Would YOU want to live there? No jobs. No water. 100+ degrees all summer. Cold all winter. No water. Soil is not good for farming or growing anything. Oh, did I say no water?




Only a fool would say there is a lot of space. Because there is not a lot of inhabitable/habitable space. As you say Dave, no water.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 9:06PM #68
farragut
Posts: 4,041

But they got beer.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 9:38PM #69
Erey
Posts: 18,940

I think all this ire and anger against people who have the audacity to have more than their fair share of children is a bit misplaced.


I think we are very close to population apex and we are not just going to rise and rise in population like the sy-fy movies like to protray.


Because now more than any other time in the existance of humans more and more women are simply choosing to never have any children, or adopt either .  We are at 25% now and out of that about 25% of women just have one child.  Those numbers are higher in other countries. 


Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 10:02PM #70
mainecaptain
Posts: 21,786

Apr 6, 2012 -- 10:20AM, Ebon wrote:


Apr 6, 2012 -- 8:55AM, Girlchristian wrote:

The question is what would you like to do to control growth? Should we all be like China and limit the number of children and force abortions or sterilization if someone doesn't obey the rules? What measures would you advocate putting in place to control growth?



Free contraception would be one place to start. Give out free condoms and femidoms (do they still make those?) everywhere. Make the machines that dispense them free. Devote some serious research to coming up with a male birth-control pill (I'd take it). While we're at it, make sterilization free too. Break the societal assumption that everyone will have kids, break the social expectation that women will automatically become mothers and, moreover, that this is the only way for her to be a complete woman (I remain convinced that those bloody baby dolls do a lot to foster that impression). Now, it must be said that I'm somewhat biased here because I don't have or want kids. No, we don't want to go to the extremes which China has (although a modified form of the one child policy might be worth looking into) but runaway population growth does nobody any favours.



Apr 5, 2012 -- 9:16PM, farragut wrote:

Sounds like we need more better wars.



We need more and better space exploration. How much is the military budget? Upwards of six hundred billion and maybe close to a trillion once you add in the black budgets. If we devoted even half that money to space research, we could have off-world colonies by now.



They prefer killing their neighbours here on Earth rather then make better quality of life, so budget cuts from the military a long hard fight that will be.
I mean the USA does not even have universal health care and the nuts on the right don't want people cared for.


I do agree about free birth control though. And free sterilisation for those who want it. But that would go hand in hand with affordable healthcare. Which right wingers hate. They want millions of babies so they can all suffer and die of treatable, and preventable conditions. IMHO

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook