Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Tunisian Officials Decry Anti-Semitic Chants at Rally
3 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2012 - 5:35AM #11
BDboy

Apr 3, 2012 -- 12:22AM, Ebon wrote:

At least the authorities condemned it. That's a hopeful sign.

>>>>> It is a hopeful sign. So far so good....

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 1:42PM #12
mytmouse57

Mar 31, 2012 -- 3:36PM, teilhard wrote:

You're the only one posting such Nonsense ...

What is obvious from ALL of History is that it ALWAYS proceeds painfully slowly and with lots of spilled Blood ... Any Romantic Ideas that "The Arab Spring" would sweep in a marvelous quick Development of Liberal Democracies devoted to Justice and Human Rights just hasn't been paying Attention ...

Mar 31, 2012 -- 10:37AM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Mar 29, 2012 -- 1:12PM, teilhard wrote:

What ultimately happens as "The Arab Spring" moves into further Seasons remains to be seen ...

Well, we all know that Arabs/Muslims are inherently bad people, and Israel is incapable of doing anything wrong.

Oh, okay. So, the Arabs will be okay, so long as they live as you expect them to... in other words, "fix" their culture to your expectations. 

Otherwise, we can continue to sterotype them. Laughing

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 2:51PM #13
teilhard

No ... Arab Peoples will indeed -- as they SHOULD !!! -- "live and move and have their being" in their own Culture as THEY choose ... I have never posted anything otherwise ...

BUT ... If SOME Arab (or any other) Persons or Governments or Movements start-up or continue Activities aimed AGAINST "Jews" just BECAUSE they ARE "Jews," and/or calling for the DESTRUCTION of a United Nations Member State ("Israel"), THEN I certainly fully oppose and reject THAT with every Fiber of MY Being ... THAT is my Point ...

Apr 9, 2012 -- 1:42PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

What is obvious from ALL of History is that it ALWAYS proceeds painfully slowly and with lots of spilled Blood ... Any Romantic Ideas that "The Arab Spring" would sweep in a marvelous quick Development of Liberal Democracies devoted to Justice and Human Rights just hasn't been paying Attention ...

What ultimately happens as "The Arab Spring" moves into further Seasons remains to be seen ...

Well, we all know that Arabs/Muslims are inherently bad people, and Israel is incapable of doing anything wrong.

Oh, okay. So, the Arabs will be okay, so long as they live as you expect them to... in other words, "fix" their culture to your expectations. 

Otherwise, we can continue to sterotype them. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 6:05PM #14
mytmouse57

Apr 9, 2012 -- 2:51PM, teilhard wrote:

No ... Arab Peoples will indeed -- as they SHOULD !!! -- "live and move and have their being" in their own Culture as THEY choose ... I have never posted anything otherwise ...

BUT ... If SOME Arab (or any other) Persons or Governments or Movements start-up or continue Activities aimed AGAINST "Jews" just BECAUSE they ARE "Jews," and/or calling for the DESTRUCTION of a United Nations Member State ("Israel"), THEN I certainly fully oppose and reject THAT with every Fiber of MY Being ... THAT is my Point ...

My comments were largely meant as satire -- I didn't mean to pick on you, personally.

That said, I think we're on the same page. The irrational rage and hatred on both sides of the Jewish/Arab conflict needs to stop. 

And since there are far more Arabs than Jews in the region, it would seem only fair that Arabs take the lead on this. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 6:14PM #15
teilhard

Yes ... "Hatred" eventually become SELF-consuming ... It is ultimately SELF-defeating ... and so eventually is experienced as all-around in-Human ...

Apr 9, 2012 -- 6:05PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Apr 9, 2012 -- 2:51PM, teilhard wrote:

My comments were largely meant as satire -- I didn't mean to pick on you, personally.

That said, I think we're on the same page. The irrational rage and hatred on both sides of the Jewish/Arab conflict needs to stop. 

And since there are far more Arabs than Jews in the region, it would seem only fair that Arabs take the lead on this. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 10:14PM #16
rangerken

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Tunisia is NOt in the Middle east which is why the thread was moved to World News, not Middle East News.

Rangerken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 12:21PM #17
rocketjsquirell

Ken

While I have no problem with this thread being here, Tunisia is part of the Middle east. It is a member nation of the Arab league and it is located in North Africa between two other members of the Arab league both of who are also in the Middle east. The Middle east includes all of the Arab nations, Israel, Turkey, Iran and arguably extends into Armenia, the Balkans,  southern Europe (Greece, Cyprus, Malta) etc...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook