Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View Court Orders FDA to Do Its Job After 35 Years
2 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2012 - 10:16AM #11
Find1Answer

Mar 28, 2012 -- 10:34AM, mountain_man wrote:

Mar 28, 2012 -- 10:31AM, loveontheair wrote:

You can start with more food inspectors.

That would be nice, but Republicans have blocked any effort to properly fund the FDA. They have not been allowed to hire more inspectors.

I would not be so quick to blame the republicans for this.    The FDA and the USDA are just like the SEC  in that the agency heads arrive through the revolving door from industry.    35 years denote both parties have been complicit in the matter.    This is a perfect example of corporate run government.     Obama the great democrat and Vilsack the beloved governor now head of the USDA quickly greenlighted the sale of roundup ready alfalfa even with studies showing the dangers of such.   They did away with regulations concerning rr seed stock again even with incomplete studies.    Monsanto is very happy with the Obama administration.    Corporate farming has had little check.   I guess we should just consider it in the National Interest aka corporate interests.

Bush's "de-Bathification program" eliminated all vestiges of Sunni power in Iraqi society and set the stage for the Sunni insurrection against American occupation and the new Shiite-led government. Bush disbanded the entire Sunni-dominated Iraqi Army and bureaucracy. He didn't change it. He didn't make it more inclusive of Shiites and Kurds. He just disbanded it. It is no accident that two of the top commanders of today's ISIL are former commanders in the Saddam-era Iraqi military.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2012 - 11:34AM #12
Find1Answer

Apr 5, 2012 -- 10:00AM, Bodean wrote:

What do you people even know about antibiotics??

What do the activists who filed suit know about antibiotics??

LIKE .. not a damn thing!!!!

I would like to invite all leftists to foregoe all Medical Miracles.  You don't deserve them, and ..it would be a great way for you to put your philosophy in practice .. ya know, lead by example .. be the guinea pigs that show that we really don't need pharma products .. that it really is all about profit to the corporatists.

AS noted by the CDC ....

"3. Why has antibiotic resistance increased in humans? It is widely accepted that the primary cause is overuse and misuse of antibiotics. In some cases, doctors prescribe or patients demand the drugs too frequently or inappropriately, such as for illnesses that are not caused by bacteria and do not respond to antibiotics. In other cases, patients fail to complete the prescribed course of an antibiotic treatment, making it more likely that surviving bacteria will develop resistance to the drug.

There is also evidence that antibiotic use in food-producing animals contributes to human drug resistance, although to a far lesser degree than human use does. The controversy centers over how significant this contribution is, how much of the problem stems from subtherapeutic use and how to respond."

So ... all you leftists ... please do the human race a favor, and stop taking medicine.  We need our antibiotic pool to keep working .. and you are a much bigger problem with regards to resistance than are the [other] cows and pigs.

That is an irresponsible statement that requires that we don't know anything about mutation and the overuse of antibiotics or that the useage over the last 35 years has not created a monster.    I do not think that the partisan rant is appropriate here.    The only thing that liberals are accused of doing is regulation and they have proven themselves to be corporate friendly and there are lobby and campaign figures to prove it.    Without the bipartisan support of congress over the years none of this wonderful stuff would of been possible.    Obama rode into town and knocked down the remaining obstacles for Monsanto in regards roundup ready alfalfa   Why is big pharma hurting the organic farming industry and not being held accountable.

Pharma has prioritized selling antibiotics, synthetic hormones, pesticides, herbicides and herbicide resistance seed stock.      why won't they recognize the problems that have occured or even concede that studies are ongoing?          What is their mission statement?    survival of the fittest as you propose?    and you complain that our society is as mucked up as it is but you condone the science experiment that is ongoing.   I would like to hear your reasoning on that one.     here have some mountain dew with that gmo sweet corn you just pick up at wallyworld.    wash down that pink slime with another diet coke and clean your battery terminals while you're at it.   Wonder why your kids are so sexed up must be that milk moustache and chicken nuggets.   look at the size of that welfare class willya.

I really have a hard time buying what the pharmacuetical industry is selling.   They want us to completely ignore or pretend the studies showing what the overuse of their pesticides, synthetic hormones and 80% of the antibiotics sold have no effect on the food chain.     Hell cities are analysing sewage water and determining meth populations and the water you drink has enough estrogen in it to grow a pair.    You also must be in favor of synthetic hormone use in our milk and meat.     There are studies after studies that are ignored on the changes to the human body with the basically unregulated use and the fact that 80% of antibiotics sold in this country go to the corporate feedlots.      Roundup ready corn and soy seed stock is so entrenched in the food production it will never be reversed either legislatively or  biologicalll.    You mad scientists that are more concerned about the botton line or world domination whatever you want to call it have shown that you cannot self police.

Bush's "de-Bathification program" eliminated all vestiges of Sunni power in Iraqi society and set the stage for the Sunni insurrection against American occupation and the new Shiite-led government. Bush disbanded the entire Sunni-dominated Iraqi Army and bureaucracy. He didn't change it. He didn't make it more inclusive of Shiites and Kurds. He just disbanded it. It is no accident that two of the top commanders of today's ISIL are former commanders in the Saddam-era Iraqi military.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2012 - 2:46PM #13
Druac

Society would have to fundamentally change and population growth would need to halt or reverse before you can achieve the fantasy of "whole foods" feeding 7 BILLION soles on this planet.

No worries, if we keep on the unsustainable path we are now on, there WILL be a HUGE economic and population crash coming down the line that will fix all of this for us. Some or most of us will be dead and gone by then, so no worries...it will just be your children and grandchildren that will be faced with such a thing, if we can just keep artificially maintaining it until then.

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2012 - 2:56PM #14
teilhard

It's too late to head-off The Global Human Population Crash ...

It will be about more than a relatively simple Problem of Food Production and Dustribution, but will come in Conjunction with a Cascade of Ecosystem Collapses ...

Apr 5, 2012 -- 2:46PM, Druac wrote:

Society would have to fundamentally change and population growth would need to halt or reverse before you can achieve the fantasy of "whole foods" feeding 7 BILLION soles on this planet.

No worries, if we keep on the unsustainable path we are now on, there WILL be a HUGE economic and population crash coming down the line that will fix all of this for us. Some or most of us will be dead and gone by then, so no worries...it will just be your children and grandchildren that will be faced with such a thing, if we can just keep artificially maintaining it until then.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2012 - 9:17PM #15
Bodean

Apr 5, 2012 -- 2:46PM, Druac wrote:

EXACTLY!!!

The problem I have with the OP, is that it, and the link it provides, pretends that the resistance problem is somehow the fault of antibiotics in live stock.  Sorry, that is just false, as the CDC has testified.

This is my field .. and I know a hell of lot about it.

Find1 ..you wold be wrong on all accounts.

The overuse of antibiotics is not a function of big pharma.  That is nothing but a myth put out by political activists.  It is a function of a stupid public, and doctors willing to succomb to the publics stupidity.  It is also a result of "profit" on the hospital level.  It's also a result of the entire concept of hospitals to begin with.  Anytime you crowd any species together, the potential of infectious disease goes up.  That is why the livestock industry uses antibiotics .. specifically penn and tet. .. to prevent outbreaks in crowded conditions.

Antoher point you are wrong on.  Bipartisan my butt!  The creation of Pharma products has absolutely NOTHING to do with Government.  Government does not come up with the ideas .. and Government does not fund the development.  That is another myth put out by political activists.  In fact, the Government only plays one role ... to push the price up, through fees and regulations, some of which are good, but most of which are nothing more than a waste of time and money.

If it were not my field, and my livelyhood, .. I truly sometimes wish modern medical miracles would just disappear.  It most certainly would solve our population problems. .. and HEY .. you'd dang sure have affordable healthcare. [as in what ever herbs and whatnots you could go out and pick in the front yard].

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 1:51PM #16
Find1Answer

You are correct Bodean I should have also mentioned Factory farming and the Chemical Giants and not just put all the blame on Big Pharma.   that was an oversight and too much editing on my part.     80% of antibiotic sales in the US go to factory livestock and is directly linked to antibiotic resistant disease.    What are you advocating?   that antibiotic use in factory livestock should remain the same?     Big Pharma ought to be taking care of this giant science project themselves.    The FDA has not done their job due to bipartisan support from the corporate sponsored congress.     how do you keep your rightists and leftists apart?     Here is a clue,  there is no difference in the corporate owned congress.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook