Page 24 of 27  •  Prev 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Zimmerman: I was attacked first
3 years ago  ::  May 18, 2012 - 1:33PM #231
headhuntersix

Apr 22, 2012 -- 10:15PM, teilhard wrote:

That's right ... It must be PROVEN "beyond a Reasonable Doubt" that The "Night Stalker" Guy shot an unarmed Kid ...

That's not the question, nobody's saying Martin was armed or that someone else shot him!  The question is who got physical first.   And I don't think that can be proven either way to anyone's satisfaction.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 18, 2012 - 2:43PM #232
teilhard

Yup ... It's like the old sensational Crime Story, in which the Perpetrator KILLS the Robbery Victims precisely so that there will be no "Witnesses" ...

But ... There IS Trayvon's GIRLFRIEND who was on the Phone with him WHILE the Incident was taking place ... No doubt SHE will testify for the Prosecution ...

Will The Night Stalker bravely-honestly testify in his own Defense ... ??

May 18, 2012 -- 1:33PM, headhuntersix wrote:

Apr 22, 2012 -- 10:15PM, teilhard wrote:

That's right ... It must be PROVEN "beyond a Reasonable Doubt" that The "Night Stalker" Guy shot an unarmed Kid ...

That's not the question, nobody's saying Martin was armed or that someone else shot him!  The question is who got physical first.   And I don't think that can be proven either way to anyone's satisfaction.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 2:38PM #233
Roodog

I had heard on CNN that Zimmerman was due to appear before a judge  in Florida. If Zimmerman's defense can convince the judge that Zimmerman acted within the Stand Your Ground Law in Florida, the judge most likely would dismiss all charges against Zimmerman.

Now if this happens, Katy bar the door.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 3:01PM #234
Ed.W

May 23, 2012 -- 2:38PM, Roodog wrote:

I had heard on CNN that Zimmerman was due to appear before a judge  in Florida. If Zimmerman's defense can convince the judge that Zimmerman acted within the Stand Your Ground Law in Florida, the judge most likely would dismiss all charges against Zimmerman.

Maybe you need to talk to your peeps then, and explain how the justice system works.

He will have had his day in court and if he acted within the law then he should be released.

‘Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.’ --Lao Tzu
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 3:02PM #235
teilhard

Whether George "Night Stalker" Zimmerman goes to Trial or not; whether he is found "Guilty", or not ... The "Shoot-Anybody-Who-Scares-You" Law really scares ME ...

Our (for now) GOP Majority Legislature here in Minnesota came close to passing that Law just a couple Months ago here in Peaceful Friendly Minnesota, but they failed (THANK "God" ... !!!)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 3:04PM #236
teilhard

Either Way, I expect there will also be a Civil Lawsuit by Trayvon Martin's Family for "Wrongful Death" ...

May 23, 2012 -- 3:01PM, Ed.W wrote:

Maybe you need to talk to your peeps then, and explain how the justice system works.

He will have had his day in court and if he acted within the law then he should be released.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 3:07PM #237
Nepenthe

May 23, 2012 -- 3:02PM, teilhard wrote:

Whether George "Night Stalker" Zimmerman goes to Trial or not; whether he is found "Guilty", or not ... The "Shoot-Anybody-Who-Scares-You" Law really scares ME ..

i would be scared of that too, if it actually existed.  Which of course it doesn't.

Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 3:16PM #238
teilhard

News Reports today indicate that FOUR Witnesses in the George "Night Stalker" Zimmerman Case have CHANGED their Testimony, giving new or different Details that are NOT helpful to Zimmerman's Defense ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 3:18PM #239
teilhard

That is unfortunately apparently the "gist" of The Law down there in The Swamps and on The Beaches: "I'm afraid you're gonna hurt me ... !!!  POW ... !!!  POW ... !!! POW ... !!!" ...

May 23, 2012 -- 3:07PM, Nepenthe wrote:

Whether George "Night Stalker" Zimmerman goes to Trial or not; whether he is found "Guilty", or not ... The "Shoot-Anybody-Who-Scares-You" Law really scares ME ..

i would be scared of that too, if it actually existed.  Which of course it doesn't.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 10:36AM #240
Ed.W

May 23, 2012 -- 3:18PM, teilhard wrote:

May 23, 2012 -- 3:07PM, Nepenthe wrote:

That is unfortunately apparently the "gist" of The Law down there in The Swamps and on The Beaches: "I'm afraid you're gonna hurt me ... !!!  POW ... !!!  POW ... !!! POW ... !!!" ...

Still not what the law is. 

The "stand your ground" law, says that when you are attacked, you are not required to attempt to run away before applying deadly force.

(Some have tried to argue that if a victim can flee, that deadly force/self defense is not warranted.)

‘Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.’ --Lao Tzu
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 24 of 27  •  Prev 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook