Page 74 of 76  •  Prev 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Unarmed Teen Shot By Neighborhood Watch Who Claims Self-Defense
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 8:06AM #731
Marcion

Apr 10, 2012 -- 3:29PM, mainecaptain wrote:

Apr 8, 2012 -- 6:55PM, Marcion wrote:

Sharpton is worse than any neo-nazi.

SPECIFY? In what way is he worse then neo-nazi. Give specific examples. Because all I have seen is Sharpton stating facts, in this case he was called in by the dead child parents.

If your child was gunned down, would you try and have someone help you, get justice? Maybe not.

HOW DARE YOU pass judgement on me as to what I would do if my child was harmed. You are just another one of the pig headed posters who won't let reason get in your way.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 9:41AM #732
teilhard

In the Dead Teenager Case, I AGREE that his Parents acted ENTIRELY reasonably in trying to obtain Justice for their Son ...

It seems to me that George "Night Stalker" Zimmerman has NOT behaved "reasonably" ...

Apr 11, 2012 -- 8:06AM, Marcion wrote:

SPECIFY? In what way is he worse then neo-nazi. Give specific examples. Because all I have seen is Sharpton stating facts, in this case he was called in by the dead child parents.

If your child was gunned down, would you try and have someone help you, get justice? Maybe not.

HOW DARE YOU pass judgement on me as to what I would do if my child was harmed. You are just another one of the pig headed posters who won't let reason get in your way.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 9:52AM #733
Marcion

Apr 11, 2012 -- 9:41AM, teilhard wrote:

In the Dead Teenager Case, I AGREE that his Parents acted ENTIRELY reasonably in trying to obtain Justice for their Son ...

It seems to me that George "Night Stalker" Zimmerman has NOT behaved "reasonably" ...

non sequitor

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 9:56AM #734
teilhard

The Thread is about The Dead Teenager and his Stalker/Murderer, you see, and the Fact that the Kid's Family simply insisted upon having Justice for their Son ...

QED ...

Apr 11, 2012 -- 9:52AM, Marcion wrote:

Apr 11, 2012 -- 9:41AM, teilhard wrote:

non sequitor

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 11:02AM #735
Stardove

Zimmeran's lawyers quit.

Zimmerman dropped by attorneys, sets up website

The Trayvon Martin case took a bizarre turn Tuesday when George Zimmerman's attorneys said they were dropping the neighborhood watch captain as a client, complaining that they have lost contact with him and that he called the prosecutor and talked to a TV host after they told him not to speak to anyone.

The lawyers portrayed Zimmerman as erratic and his emotional state as shaky, and they expressed fear for his mental and physical health under the pressure that has been building in the month since he shot and killed Martin, an unarmed black teenager.

"As of the last couple days he has not returned phone calls, text messages or e-mails," attorney Craig Sonner said at a news conference outside the courthouse. "He's gone on his own. I'm not sure what he's doing or who he's talking to. I cannot go forward speaking to the public about George Zimmerman and this case."

The split came as a special prosecutor neared a decision on whether to charge Zimmerman with a crime in the Feb. 26 shooting.

Read more at the link above.

About the Zimmerman site:  Zimmerman’s site contains an “Album” page that contains two photos. One is of someone holding a magic-marker “Justice For Zimmerman” sign. The other is a shot of the vandalized Frank W. Hale Black Cultural Center

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 11:31AM #736
Cesmom

I've thought from the beginning that Zimmerman was a little 'off in the head' but this makes him look crazier than ever.  This guy has serious issues.

Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 11:48AM #737
TPaine

It's quite possible that Zimmerman's lawyers claim of not being able to contact Zimmerman could be an excuse to cover what might be the real reason they withdrew from the case. Think Progress is reporting that the public relations campaign they started on Zimmerman's behalf may have violated the Florida Rules of Professional Conduct. Rule 4-3.6(a) states,

Prejudicial Extrajudicial Statements Prohibited. A lawyer shall not make an extrajudicial statement that a reasonable person would expect to be disseminated by means of public communication if the lawyer knows or reasonably should know that it will have a substantial likelihood of materially prejudicing an adjudicative proceeding due to its creation of an imminent and substantial detrimental effect on that proceeding.

Perhaps the real reason for withdrawing from the case is to protect themselves from possible sanctions. Link

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 12:21PM #738
teilhard

He is turning out indeed to be his own worst Enemy (which is often the Case for a Paranoid Person) ...

Apr 11, 2012 -- 11:31AM, Cesmom wrote:

I've thought from the beginning that Zimmerman was a little 'off in the head' but this makes him look crazier than ever.  This guy has serious issues.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 1:50PM #739
teilhard

Who needs The Cops ... ??? I've got a PISTOL ... !!!

Who needs Lawyers ... ???  I'll talk to The Prosecutor MYSELF ... !!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 2:29PM #740
rabello

Apr 11, 2012 -- 11:48AM, TPaine wrote:

It's quite possible that Zimmerman's lawyers claim of not being able to contact Zimmerman could be an excuse to cover what might be the real reason they withdrew from the case. Think Progress is reporting that the public relations campaign they started on Zimmerman's behalf may have violated the Florida Rules of Professional Conduct. Rule 4-3.6(a) states,

Prejudicial Extrajudicial Statements Prohibited. A lawyer shall not make an extrajudicial statement that a reasonable person would expect to be disseminated by means of public communication if the lawyer knows or reasonably should know that it will have a substantial likelihood of materially prejudicing an adjudicative proceeding due to its creation of an imminent and substantial detrimental effect on that proceeding.

Perhaps the real reason for withdrawing from the case is to protect themselves from possible sanctions. Link

I think this is a real possibility.   They talked a whole lot about the website controversy, the "hard work" they were doing in NYC talking to the media, about getting disbarred.

They were hoping to defend Stand Your Ground, not a mentally unstable paranoid who is one of those 9-1-1 abusers.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 74 of 76  •  Prev 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook