Page 73 of 76  •  Prev 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Unarmed Teen Shot By Neighborhood Watch Who Claims Self-Defense
2 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2012 - 2:19PM #721
arielg

The so called justice is most of the time  simply looking for vengeance. Killing or harming someone else will not bring the  dead back.

The only justice here is  change whatever is causing the problem, so it can be avoided in the future.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2012 - 2:28PM #722
teilhard

No ... ONE Aspect -- NOT the ONLY Aspect -- of "Justice" is indeed "Retribution" (which is NOT the same Thing as "Vengeance") ... 

("Vengeance" = "You killed MY Cousin, so I kill YOUR Cousin ...") ...

If I am caught, say, "speeding" and I get a "Speeding Citation," it will cost ME some $$$ in the Form of a Fine, not only to finance The System, but to impose on ME (the careless Offender) a real COST for my breaking of a Public Safety Rule in hope that I will learn a hard Lesson and NOT repeat my careless and DANGEROUS Offense ...

Just so, a more serious Offense sends the Offender to Probation or Jail or Prison NOT for the Sake of "Revenge," but in hope that depriving the Offender of her/his Liberty, a hard Lesson will be LEARNED ...

These Things are imposed by Society as a Whole for SAKE of Society as a Whole ... and NOT as some crude primitve unenlightened "Vengeance" ...

Apr 8, 2012 -- 2:19PM, arielg wrote:

The so called justice is most of the time  simply looking for vengeance. Killing or harming someone else will not bring the  dead back.

The only justice here is  change whatever is causing the problem, so it can be avoided in the future.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2012 - 6:55PM #723
Marcion

Apr 8, 2012 -- 12:03PM, TPaine wrote:

Apr 8, 2012 -- 8:58AM, Marcion wrote:

Another example of what happens when you open pandoras box.

blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2012/04/...

So wanting justice is opening Pandora's Box? Sharpton was asked to get involved by Trayvon's mother? Who invited the neo-Nazis?

If you had a brain inyour head you would see I have posted from both points of view. I have not taken any sides on this issue.

I am merely trying to point out that kangaroo justice and vigilantism will always rear their ugly heads if the facts are not presented.

Sharpton is worse than any neo-nazi.

Speaking of vigilamtism the ultra liberal Washington Post equated Zimmerman with all fictional vigilates like Batman, Spiderman, Dirty Harry, Charles Bronson. I doubt seriously Zimmerman belongs in their company.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 1:44PM #724
teilhard

The Special Prosecutor has decided NOT to convene a Grand Jury ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 2:56PM #725
TPaine

Apr 8, 2012 -- 6:55PM, Marcion wrote:

Sharpton is worse than This? Are you sure you don't want to rethink that comment?

"It is always to be taken for granted, that those who oppose an equality of rights never mean the exclusion should take place on themselves." -- Thomas Paine: Dissertations on First Principles of Government (July 7, 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 3:29PM #726
mainecaptain

SPECIFY? In what way is he worse then neo-nazi. Give specific examples. Because all I have seen is Sharpton stating facts, in this case he was called in by the dead child parents.

If your child was gunned down, would you try and have someone help you, get justice? Maybe not.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 4:47PM #727
rabello

George goes rogue

His lawyers have had to drop him as a client because they can't contact him and he disregards their advice...called Hannity on FAUX Noise (suprise, surprise.../NOT!) and the special prosecutor's office all on his own.  Vigilantism gone mainstream

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 5:09PM #728
mytmouse57

Apr 10, 2012 -- 4:47PM, rabello wrote:

George goes rogue

His lawyers have had to drop him as a client because they can't contact him and he disregards their advice...called Hannity on FAUX Noise (suprise, surprise.../NOT!) and the special prosecutor's office all on his own.  Vigilantism gone mainstream

Yes, I just read that his lawyers dropped him. 

This case just keeps getting weirder. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 6:28PM #729
teilhard

The Neighborhod Watch Guy needed -- and obviously still needs -- somebody to keep tabs on HIM ...

Apr 10, 2012 -- 4:47PM, rabello wrote:

George goes rogue

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 8:04AM #730
Marcion

Apr 10, 2012 -- 2:56PM, TPaine wrote:

Sharpton is worse than This? Are you sure you don't want to rethink that comment?

Sharpton was never called to task for destroying a mans life in his Tawana Brawley hoax. He got away scott free to pursue his racist rabblerousing.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 73 of 76  •  Prev 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook