Page 66 of 76  •  Prev 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 76 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Unarmed Teen Shot By Neighborhood Watch Who Claims Self-Defense
2 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 3:22PM #651
rabello

Probably comes as no surprise, but I think what Zimmerman did is much, much worse than being inattentive or stupid.  It is racial profiling at its very worst, and proof of what the opponents of Stand Your Ground laws have been warning against, all along.    "An outrage" doesn't even begin to describe how horrible this latest episode of Have Gun/Will Travel is.   Especially since the shooter has already gotten away with so much, and may get away with all of it.   But, I do not agree that emotional anguish prevents Martin's supporters from being able to rationally analyze the situation. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 3:23PM #652
teilhard

But (according to Reports) The Night Stalker Guy has engaged in a PATTERN of "stupid" Behavior over  Time ... Unfortunately, the Community didn't intervene appropriately ... until NOW ...

Apr 3, 2012 -- 3:06PM, REteach wrote:

I can identify with doing something inattentive or stupid  that could have long term negative consequences. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 4:00PM #653
DotNotInOz

Honestly, Teilhard, must you continue calling Zimmerman that? He is after all a human being with a name. Even though he did something terrible, can't we at least use his name instead of an insult term?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 4:13PM #654
Girlchristian

Here's a good article that discusses the case and the 'one-minute mystery' that none of us has enough facts about to really know what happened, seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationwor....

There are two different witness accounts of what happened in that one minute. One witness claims that Zimmerman was underneath the kid being beaten and another claims that a kid was underneath a large man and not moving.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 5:11PM #655
teilhard

I'm describing his ACTIONS ...

Apr 3, 2012 -- 4:00PM, DotNotInOz wrote:

Honestly, Teilhard, must you continue calling Zimmerman that? He is after all a human being with a name. Even though he did something terrible, can't we at least use his name instead of an insult term?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 5:26PM #656
REteach

Apr 3, 2012 -- 4:13PM, Girlchristian wrote:

Here's a good article that discusses the case and the 'one-minute mystery' that none of us has enough facts about to really know what happened, seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationwor....

There are two different witness accounts of what happened in that one minute. One witness claims that Zimmerman was underneath the kid being beaten and another claims that a kid was underneath a large man and not moving.

Yes, listening to the 911 tapes, there are differing reports--like one saying the man getting up was black.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 5:34PM #657
DotNotInOz

Apr 3, 2012 -- 5:11PM, teilhard wrote:

Oh, riiiiggghhht! That's a feeble excuse for using an insulting name for someone if I ever heard one.

As feeble as if I were to claim that referring to you as Ridiculous Misuse of Capital Letters Guy merely describes your actions.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 5:45PM #658
teilhard

I am simply describing his ACTIONS, not only that Night, but (reportedly) in other earlier Situations ...

I'm curious, though ... You seem rather keen on this Night Stalker Guy ... Are you his Cousin or something ... ???

Apr 3, 2012 -- 5:34PM, DotNotInOz wrote:

Apr 3, 2012 -- 5:11PM, teilhard wrote:

Oh, riiiiggghhht! That's a feeble excuse for using an insulting name for someone if I ever heard one.

As feeble as if I were to claim that referring to you as Ridiculous Misuse of Capital Letters Guy merely describes your actions.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2012 - 8:25AM #659
Esdraelon

So what did we have?  We had an NBC 911 audio that made it look like Zimmerman was profiling Trayvon Martin.  It turns out that wasn't true.  Then we had an ABC video which showed that Zimmerman wasn't injured.  Now all of a sudden we've been told that NBC doctored the audio on the 911 tape and ABC found a new layer when they enhanced their video.  News reports say that paramedics treated Zimmerman at the scene, but ABC says in the first report he wasn't injured.  So did the paramedics lie?  It's all breaking down.  The Trayvon Martin story is falling apart.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2012 - 8:26AM #660
Marcion

It is a sad state of affairs when national television broadcasts disinformation to bias public opinion against Zimmerman.

www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 66 of 76  •  Prev 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 76 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook