Page 3 of 76  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 76 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Unarmed Teen Shot By Neighborhood Watch Who Claims Self-Defense
2 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2012 - 8:16PM #21
Esdraelon

Mar 19, 2012 -- 8:05PM, mountain_man wrote:

Mar 19, 2012 -- 7:57PM, Esdraelon wrote:

What mountain are you sleeping on anyway!

Not one in the South, that's form damn sure. I spent 6 months, the worst time in my life, in the armpit of the South; Pensacola, Florida. While I was there a situation similar to the one this thread is about happened. A white guy that had, in 6 foot tall letters, written on his store; "jesus loves you," shot and killed a black teen that walked into his store to buy something. Of course nothing happened to the white guy. His business actually improved after that. More white people began shopping at this store. But only white people.

"jesus loves you," "shot and killed a black teen that walked into his store to buy something."

You don't say??

Trying to kill two birds with one stone, eh? Sorry, no pun intended.....

Er...how old are you anyway? Are you a reincarnation with memories of those fire hoses?

That's a tall tale......and a taallllll one....

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2012 - 8:23PM #22
rabello

Mar 19, 2012 -- 6:56PM, Esdraelon wrote:

It's a case study in why 'Neighborhood Watches' should be just that 'Watches'.....

Neighborhood Watch IS just "watch and report.

But, Florida law allows vigilantes to go hunting and then claim self-defense carrying guns they shouldn't be allowed to have.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2012 - 8:25PM #23
jane2

Mar 19, 2012 -- 8:16PM, Esdraelon wrote:

Not one in the South, that's form damn sure. I spent 6 months, the worst time in my life, in the armpit of the South; Pensacola, Florida. While I was there a situation similar to the one this thread is about happened. A white guy that had, in 6 foot tall letters, written on his store; "jesus loves you," shot and killed a black teen that walked into his store to buy something. Of course nothing happened to the white guy. His business actually improved after that. More white people began shopping at this store. But only white people.

"jesus loves you," "shot and killed a black teen that walked into his store to buy something."

You don't say??

Er...how old are you anyway? Are you a reincarnation with memories of those fire hoses?

You spent all of 6 months in the South...............How unimpressive.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2012 - 8:28PM #24
Esdraelon

Mar 19, 2012 -- 8:23PM, rabello wrote:

It's a case study in why 'Neighborhood Watches' should be just that 'Watches'.....

But, Florida law allows vigilantes to go hunting and then claim self-defense carrying guns they shouldn't be allowed to have.

Well then what was it? The Neighborhood Watch or the Cisco Kid?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2012 - 8:42PM #25
farragut

"Are you a reincarnation with memories of those fire hoses?"

Do we have to be in the grave to remember the fire hoses? It's not really so long ago.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2012 - 8:42PM #26
teilhard

Apparently, "The Lone (and Crazed) Ranger" ...

Mar 19, 2012 -- 8:28PM, Esdraelon wrote:

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2012 - 8:52PM #27
MysticWanderer

You don't say??

I don't know Dave's age but I grew up in the South, in the fifties and sixties and seventies.  I sent twenty of my best years in the South, but I also remember water fountains and restrooms labeled "Colored" and "White".  I also remember the fire hoses on the news and the Montgomery bus boycott.  I even remember multiple incidents of white on black homicide that even got to the juries and were acquitted.

"Not all who wander are lost" J.R.R.Tolkein
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. ~Anne Lamott
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain."
Friedrich von Schiller
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2012 - 8:54PM #28
Esdraelon

Mar 19, 2012 -- 8:42PM, teilhard wrote:

Apparently, "The Lone (and Crazed) Ranger" ...

Mar 19, 2012 -- 8:28PM, Esdraelon wrote:

Dang! Why didn't I think of that??

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2012 - 8:58PM #29
Esdraelon

Mar 19, 2012 -- 8:52PM, MysticWanderer wrote:

You don't say??

I don't know Dave's age but I grew up in the South, in the fifties and sixties and seventies.  I sent twenty of my best years in the South, but I also remember water fountains and restrooms labeled "Colored" and "White".  I also remember the fire hoses on the news and the Montgomery bus boycott.  I even remember multiple incidents of white on black homicide that even got to the juries and were acquitted.

Well, I happen to be 58, and I grew up in those times also, and I can say you are correct, it was a travesty.

There is an excellent documentary out on PBS, "Slavery By Another Name"...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2012 - 9:02PM #30
Esdraelon

Mar 19, 2012 -- 8:42PM, farragut wrote:

"Are you a reincarnation with memories of those fire hoses?"

Do we have to be in the grave to remember the fire hoses? It's not really so long ago.

True, but the 1950's ain't the 2010's....I'm sure there may be a few who secretly desire to dress up in the bed linens but they are few and far between....sort of like covey busted quail...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 76  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 76 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook