Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Is Global Warming making you fat?
2 years ago  ::  Mar 24, 2012 - 11:05PM #21
mountain_man

Mar 24, 2012 -- 9:56PM, Eliascomes wrote:

too much CO2 will cause the lungs to restrict the flow of air.

Non sequitur.

The more O2 that enter, the more energy a person will have.

Do you even know what the topic is about? Your replies have nothing to do with what anyone has said. They're not even remotely related to the topic.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2012 - 12:09AM #22
Eliascomes

Mar 24, 2012 -- 11:05PM, mountain_man wrote:

Mar 24, 2012 -- 9:56PM, Eliascomes wrote:

too much CO2 will cause the lungs to restrict the flow of air.

Non sequitur.

The more O2 that enter, the more energy a person will have.

Do you even know what the topic is about? Your replies have nothing to do with what anyone has said. They're not even remotely related to the topic.

This Greenhouse crap is going to far. we're trying to make up excuses while here in the States that we're having an obesity problem while other countries like for example," Jamaica" that breathing in more CO2 because it in a part of the world that the humidity is very high, isn't having any fat issues. It seem like everyone is trying to put blame on the natural events that been going in the past decades, but over-looking the facts that's in front of their faces.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 25, 2012 - 10:57AM #23
mountain_man

Mar 25, 2012 -- 12:09AM, Eliascomes wrote:

This Greenhouse crap is going to far.

You mean you have a problem with scientific facts. That's apparent.

we're trying to make up excuses....

No one here made any excuses. This is simple science. I am at a loss as to why you cannot understand it.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 5:33AM #24
mindis1

Mar 25, 2012 -- 10:57AM, mountain_man wrote:

we're trying to make up excuses....

No one here made any excuses. This is simple science. 

What part of the hypothesis or what the authors did is science? They proposed a hypothesis that they did not attempt to falsify but, instead, performed a non-blind, uncontrolled experiment in which 3 of 6 people were exposed to CO2 concentrations many orders of magnitude greater than normal air, and didn’t get statistically significant results. Then they proposed useless, unscientific animal-model experiments, the results of which they acknowledge will not determine anything about their hypothesis concerning the recent obesity epidemic seen among humans in some societies. Where’s the science in any of that?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 11:20AM #25
mountain_man

Mar 26, 2012 -- 5:33AM, mindis1 wrote:

What part of the hypothesis or what the authors did is science?

All of it. You just don't like what they found.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2012 - 4:44PM #26
Bunsinspace

BS"D

Mother Earth addressing neighbor Mars:  "Do these humans on me make me look fat?"

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 11:01PM #27
Swim4fun

Mar 15, 2012 -- 8:27PM, mountain_man wrote:

Here's a quote:

When he looked around for other factors, he saw how the CO2 concentration of the atmosphere had also increased in correlation to the weight gain.

He now proposed that orexins, a type of hormone which reside in the brain and stimulate wakefulness and energy expenditure, may be affected by CO2.

I guess the conclusion here is that if you want to loose weight; don't breathe.

There is other way to deal with. Being a greener peolpe, making the Earth more green. If he, she, and it make steps all together, I think we can breathe cleaner air.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook