Page 3 of 51  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 51 Next
2 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2012 - 11:07PM #21
jane2

Mar 9, 2012 -- 10:35PM, farragut wrote:

I've had a hot dog at the Varsity. Quite tasty.

Luv the Varsity. I'm sure most of their tasty morsels should not be everyday fare. Their onion rings might be deadly if consumed in quantity but they are "to die for".

Just a visit there is a "trip and a half". Glad you've been there.

I've never been to Kentucky but my husband was a Kentucky Colonel : started a large yearly conference on penology in Lexington. And my dad's major company as a manufacturer's rep was American Air Filter in Louisville : fed us well and educated us.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 3:24PM #22
Mlyons619

It's NOT in Taco Bell or Micky D's, but it IS in federally-funded school lunches for our kids?

Yup.

Check out the petition:

www.change.org/
petitions/tell-usda-to-stop-using-pink-slime-in-school-food?utm_source=action_alert&utm_medium=email&me=aa&alert_id=nwCwuVRruE_SYeefuasku

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 3:31PM #23
Mlyons619

...and another thread is almost completely derailed by the comedians...

I wasn't laughing, sof...

...Of course, the healthiest diet contains no meat at all.  But most people cannot even imagine living a life without their daily quotient of saturated fat.  And if it can lead to arterial clogging, who cares?

You've got to die of something, right...?

These holier-than-thou veggan rants of yours completely turn me off, even when you're correct on an issue, and actually attract the derision you so bitterly complain about.  It's too bad you'll never figure that out...

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 4:06PM #24
mountain_man

Mar 10, 2012 -- 3:27PM, solfeggio wrote:

...and another thread is almost completely derailed by the comedians.

You mean that only the "comedians" are telling the truth. That you have to attack those disagreeing with you just shows the complete lack of integrity of your arguments and claims.

The idea of injecting ammonia into beef.....

No one is injecting ammonia into beef.

Why people should take these revelations so casually is beyond me....

Yes, the truth is beyond you. That's why you have to attack those that do tell the truth. And, the sky is not falling.

Of course, the healthiest diet contains no meat at all. .....

That's your opinion and not anywhere near the truth.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 5:16PM #25
jane2

Mar 10, 2012 -- 4:17PM, solfeggio wrote:

Mylons -

I know you weren't laughing.  It happened that you posted at the same time as I did.  That's all.

And my saying that the healthiest diet contains no meat is hardly a 'rant.'  It's a simple truth.  And, if it turns you off, well, that's too bad.  But, we all have the right to speak our minds here, don't we?  And if what we say differs from the cultural norm, so what?

Why not tend to problems in NZ?? The info you posted was all over the news here--mainly about school lunches.

We react as we see fit. We are aware of your proclivities--have at. All the preaching gets old.

And I will have an occasional chilled oysters on the half-shell and an occasional lunch at the Varsity.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 7:23PM #26
mountain_man

Mar 10, 2012 -- 4:17PM, solfeggio wrote:

And my saying that the healthiest diet contains no meat is hardly a 'rant.'  It's a simple truth.

No, it is your biased, uninformed, belief. A healthy diet can contain meat and other animal products.

And, if it turns you off, well, that's too bad.

If meat turns you off, then don't eat it. Being a vegetarian does not make you superior to every one else. Stop trying to act like you are.

But, we all have the right to speak our minds here, don't we?  And if what we say differs from the cultural norm, so what?

You can differ from the cultural norm all you want but bragging about it just makes you look silly.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 9:06PM #27
arielg

These holier-than-thou veggan rants of yours completely turn me off, even when you're correct on an issue, and actually attract the derision you so bitterly complain about.  It's too bad you'll never figure that out...

A vegetarian diet is far superior in every respect.    People who eat meat, do  it because they got hooked on it in childhood and wouldn't know what to do without it. They just don't know any better. It is an aquired taste. When they talk about meat, they invariably talk about taste.

Just like  any other addiction: " I could get rid of it,  if I wanted to.  But I don't want to". And they have all these "experts" from the meat industry who are also hooked and conduct  "studies" and tell them how necessary meat is for the organism.

It is a racket that has strong support all over the world  and is based on the habits of primitive man. Vegetarianism will be the way of the future for humans.  As humans become more conscious,  they become vegetarians.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 9:49PM #28
mountain_man

Mar 10, 2012 -- 9:06PM, arielg wrote:

A vegetarian diet is far superior in every respect....

That's your opinion. Real nutritionists and doctors, people that have actually studied how the body works and what it needs for fuel, disagree with you. If you don't mind, I'll go along with those with education instead of those with ego.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 10:29PM #29
arielg

Mar 10, 2012 -- 9:49PM, mountain_man wrote:

Mar 10, 2012 -- 9:06PM, arielg wrote:

A vegetarian diet is far superior in every respect....

That's your opinion. Real nutritionists and doctors, people that have actually studied how the body works and what it needs for fuel, disagree with you. If you don't mind, I'll go along with those with education instead of those with ego.

And yours is not? Nutritionists and doctors have their own opinions based on their preferences.  

I'll stick with my own observations and commonsense.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 10:50PM #30
teilhard

My Sweetie-Spouse and I have several Veggie-and-Salad-Only Meals per Week ... We eat a fair Amount of Fresh Fruit ... But we've not dogmatic about it ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 51  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 51 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook