Page 20 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20
Switch to Forum Live View Rush Limbaugh Calls Student Denied Spot At Contraception Hearing A ‘Slut’
3 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2012 - 2:02AM #191
Roodog

Mar 15, 2012 -- 1:59AM, karbie wrote:

If women were given the information about how to prevent pregnancy and allowed access to birth control, the need for abortions would go down. The morning after pill won't abort a pregnancy, but it can prevent one if taken soon enough.

I was on birth control in my teens for medical reasons other than being a "slut". My periods were severe enough that I lost at least one day of school a month. I wasn't thrilled with the 13-16 days, either. I told the doctor I'd gotten desperate enough to get into my mother's paregoric. It had been going on long enough it was obviously an established pattern, so I got bc pills. It was a major improvement in my life. (According to my parents, it was an improvement in theirs as well...)

The thing that gets me with many of the pro-birthers is that they are more concerned with the potential life a woman is carrying than the incubator herself.  There is no guarantee that every pregnancy will result in a live birth. Or that every woman was born to be a good mother, for that matter. I was lucky but I had friends who weren't.

If you ask me, I think Mrs. Limbaugh did a little too well on protecting Rush's massive ego and left out the bits about having the facts straight before you bent them out of recognition. He's a great argument for birth control.

Which  Mrs. Limbaugh? 1,2,3 or 4?

Maybe his mom?

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2012 - 2:14AM #192
karbie

His mother...after all, unlike his ex-wives, she can't get alimony. Or even palimony. She can't even brag about him because he probably does it himself.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2012 - 9:07PM #193
Stardove

In case you are not following the Rush's sponsor thread. 

This is part of what I wrote at the other thread:

Would anyone care to read what Sandra Fluke actually had to say???

Here is the LINK to the transcript.

For more of my post see the other thread.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2012 - 10:00PM #194
jane2

Mar 15, 2012 -- 9:07PM, Stardove wrote:

Star

Much of this is really old news. Some of us actully knew from the beginning what motivated Sandra Fluke--she's a law student at Georgetown.

Not trying to be snarky................Perhaps some here weren't up to speed.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2012 - 11:10PM #195
Stardove

Jane,

I'm sure there are members reading and posting who did not bother to even find out what Sandra really had to say which is why I gave them a link.

Nothing like reading to see what Limbaugh said was totally a lie.  As long as the thread is here we can post.  After a week of no posts the thread will be moved.  Star

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2012 - 7:43AM #196
river8101

His right to "so called" freedom of speech does not give him the right to lie and insult a young woman on the radio.  People who enjoy listening to his sick radio verbal abuse are no better than he is. 

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2012 - 4:07PM #197
mainecaptain

Mar 23, 2012 -- 7:43AM, river8101 wrote:

His right to "so called" freedom of speech does not give him the right to lie and insult a young woman on the radio.  People who enjoy listening to his sick radio verbal abuse are no better than he is. 

I agree, because he would not be in business at all, if people (his listeners) did not want him to say such disgusting things.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2012 - 4:10PM #198
loveontheair

Mar 15, 2012 -- 10:00PM, jane2 wrote:

Star

Much of this is really old news. Some of us actully knew from the beginning what motivated Sandra Fluke--she's a law student at Georgetown.

Hello,

+1

love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2012 - 5:34PM #199
Fodaoson

Mar 15, 2012 -- 10:00PM, jane2 wrote:

Star

Some here appear to be willfully ignorant, some are just ordinarily ignorant, and some are just willfully stupid.  Present company excepted 

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 20 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook