Page 1 of 20  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Rush Limbaugh Calls Student Denied Spot At Contraception Hearing A ‘Slut’
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 11:00AM #1
TPaine

Talk radio's leading misogynist, Rush Limbaugh, called Sandra Fluke, the woman who the Republicons refused to allow to testify at the hearing on women's health, a "slut" and a "prostitute" yesterday.

"What does it say about the college co-ed Susan Fluke [sic] who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex. What does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She’s having so much sex she can’t afford the contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex." Link 1

This is not the only misogynistic statement Limbaugh has made this week. Female NASCAR driver, Danica Patrick, who had supported the Obama Administration's position on contraception rule. During his show on Monday Rush said,

"She was talking, Danica Patrick was talking about Obama’s contraception ruling. She was not speaking in general though it applies generally… She said, 'I leave it up to the government to make good decisions for America.'” … What do you expect from a woman driver? I don’t know why everybody was so shocked."

These quotes are only the two latest of many misogynistic statement Limbaugh has made. Link 2

"The right of voting for representatives is the primary right by which other rights are protected. To take away this right is to reduce a man to slavery, for slavery consists in being subject to the will of another, and he that has not a vote in the election of representatives is in this case." Thomas Paine:
Dissertation on First Principles of Government (July 1795)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 11:10AM #2
mountain_man

Mar 1, 2012 -- 11:00AM, TPaine wrote:

Talk radio's leading misogynist, Rush Limbaugh, called Sandra Fluke, the woman who the Republicons refused to allow to testify at the hearing on women's health, a "slut" and a "prostitute" yesterday.

That's what one would expect from a drug addled gas bag. A guy that vacations in countries where he can get underage sex workers shouldn't be judging the lives of others. The guy is such a fool that I have to question the sanity of anyone that believes a word he says.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 12:06PM #3
Ken

Rush Limbaugh? Isn't he dead yet? And if not, why not?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 12:23PM #4
mytmouse57

I support Rush Limbaugh's right to free speach.

But I don't care a damn about what he has to say. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 12:44PM #5
mainecaptain

Mar 1, 2012 -- 11:10AM, mountain_man wrote:

That's what one would expect from a drug addled gas bag. A guy that vacations in countries where he can get underage sex workers shouldn't be judging the lives of others. The guy is such a fool that I have to question the sanity of anyone that believes a word he says.

Unfortunately I know someone (someone I have to interact with on a regular basis), that listen to Limbaugh, everyday. Makes me cringe to think about it.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 1:03PM #6
TemplarS

Mar 1, 2012 -- 12:06PM, Ken wrote:

Only from the neck up.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 1:15PM #7
mytmouse57

Mar 1, 2012 -- 12:44PM, mainecaptain wrote:

Mar 1, 2012 -- 11:10AM, mountain_man wrote:

Unfortunately I know someone (someone I have to interact with on a regular basis), that listen to Limbaugh, everyday. Makes me cringe to think about it.

I get to listen to the radio only while in my car.

I listen to Limbaugh on occassion for comic relief. 

Otherwise, I tune in either to the local heavy metal station, or NPR.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 1:26PM #8
Girlchristian

Mar 1, 2012 -- 12:23PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

I support Rush Limbaugh's right to free speach.

But I don't care a damn about what he has to say. 

Agreed...

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 2:17PM #9
Ken

Mar 1, 2012 -- 1:03PM, TemplarS wrote:

Mar 1, 2012 -- 12:06PM, Ken wrote:

Only from the neck up.

Well, Andrew Breitbart is dead in all directions.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 2:43PM #10
Roodog

I wonder if the man is suffering from some manner of mental degeneration.

He is getting progressively outrageous as the years go by.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 20  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook