Post Reply
Page 2 of 20  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Rush Limbaugh Calls Student Denied Spot At Contraception Hearing A ‘Slut’
2 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 2:59PM #11
mountain_man
Posts: 38,086

Mar 1, 2012 -- 2:17PM, Ken wrote:

Well, Andrew Breitbart is dead in all directions.


I feel sad for his family. They had to put up with his lies. Why can't guys like this realize that if they have to lie to support their cause then maybe the cause isn't worth supporting?

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 3:37PM #12
Girlchristian
Posts: 10,742

Mar 1, 2012 -- 2:43PM, Roodog wrote:


I wonder if the man is suffering from some manner of mental degeneration.


He is getting progressively outrageous as the years go by.




"Outrageous" sells whether it's Limbaugh, the Kardashians, Jersey Shore, Simon Cowell on American Idol, etc...

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 3:41PM #13
rabello
Posts: 19,338

He also said that he thinks she and the rest of the Feminazis that expect Americans to pay them for having sex should pay these Americans back by providing videos of it.


I'd bet there are at least a few Repubs who'd watch.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 3:42PM #14
mytmouse57
Posts: 9,776

Mar 1, 2012 -- 3:37PM, Girlchristian wrote:


Mar 1, 2012 -- 2:43PM, Roodog wrote:


I wonder if the man is suffering from some manner of mental degeneration.


He is getting progressively outrageous as the years go by.




"Outrageous" sells whether it's Limbaugh, the Kardashians, Jersey Shore, Simon Cowell on American Idol, etc...




Pretty much.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 3:58PM #15
TPaine
Posts: 9,054

Limbaugh doubled down on his sexist comments comments yesterday about Sandra Fluke on his show today by saying that if women use insurance-covered birth control they should have to post sex tapes on line.

"So Miss Fluke, and the rest of you Feminazis, here’s the deal. If we are going to pay for your contraceptives, and thus pay for you to have sex. We want something for it. We want you post the videos online so we can all watch." Link


IMO, it's not surprising that the Drugster (as Ed Schultz calls him) would enjoy that. He could take some Viagra, settle down in a comfortable chair, and actually pretend he is a real man for awhile. Since he is in his fourth marriage since 1977 one can assume that his wives have not been overly thrilled by his performance.

"When it shall be said in any country in the world, my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want, the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, then may the country boast its constitution and its government." -- Thomas Paine: The Rights Of Man (1791)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 4:11PM #16
TemplarS
Posts: 6,259

Mar 1, 2012 -- 3:37PM, Girlchristian wrote:


"Outrageous" sells whether it's Limbaugh, the Kardashians, Jersey Shore, Simon Cowell on American Idol, etc...





There's a difference.


The Kardashians are useless, the Jersey Shore people are stupid, Simon Cowell is abrasive.  But none of them pretend to be more than they are.  They do  not pretend they have anything serious to say on public policy; their useless or stupid or abrasive opinions relate to clothes and bars and music, not to serious questions about the way the nation ought to be run.


In short, they may be irritating, but they are not dangerous in the least.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 4:18PM #17
Girlchristian
Posts: 10,742

Mar 1, 2012 -- 3:41PM, rabello wrote:


He also said that he thinks she and the rest of the Feminazis that expect Americans to pay them for having sex should pay these Americans back by providing videos of it.


I'd bet there are at least a few Repubs who'd watch.





There are a few Democrats, Independents, and Libertarians who'd watch too....

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 4:19PM #18
Girlchristian
Posts: 10,742

Mar 1, 2012 -- 4:11PM, TemplarS wrote:


Mar 1, 2012 -- 3:37PM, Girlchristian wrote:


"Outrageous" sells whether it's Limbaugh, the Kardashians, Jersey Shore, Simon Cowell on American Idol, etc...





There's a difference.


The Kardashians are useless, the Jersey Shore people are stupid, Simon Cowell is abrasive.  But none of them pretend to be more than they are.  They do  not pretend they have anything serious to say on public policy; their useless or stupid or abrasive opinions relate to clothes and bars and music, not to serious questions about the way the nation ought to be run.


In short, they may be irritating, but they are not dangerous in the least.





I don't see Limbaugh as dangerous.

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 4:30PM #19
TemplarS
Posts: 6,259

He isn't to you and me.


But people listen to him, and nod their heads at what he says, and he is going to either influence their opinions towards a more extreme view, or make them more likely to act on these extreme opinions, either in their daily lives or at the ballot box.  I consider that dangerous.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 4:36PM #20
Erey
Posts: 17,362

Personally,


I don't like the slut language or the hint at promiscuity being at the base of any of this.  That kind of banter is a big turn off to me.



However, I do think Rush has a point, why should tax payers be asked to subsidize someone's sex life?  If you have a sex life shouldn't you pay your own way? 


I know there are reasons why we want to pay for everyone's birth control, I guess because there is no excuse not to use it if you are not ready for children.  But I still think on the other hand if you are having sex you should cover your own expenses associated with that.   I can certainly see both sides.  I do tend to at the heart of things feel like people should pay for their own birth control. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 20  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook