Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
2 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2012 - 12:43AM #21
Stardove

Feb 20, 2012 -- 6:40PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Goofy plot or not, I'll probably go see the new Avatar when it comes out.

I'm a sucker for those eye-popping 3D effects. 

Congratulations to New Zealand for scoring the movie.

Avatar was a love story and I loved it!!!  Of course, I am a woman and that could make a difference in how the movie was viewed. It was also about what the "boat people" did to the Natives when they arrived in what is now America.  When you draw the parallel between the movie's theme and Native Americans the plot get a little thicker than just a love story.

I agree the 3D was wonderful and the movie would not have been the same without the 3D effects.

Avatar was the first movie my husband had seen since 1998 when we went to see Armageddon on vacation in Colorado.  Hubby doesn't get out much!  By the way he loved Avatar.  He thought Armageddon was a joke.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2012 - 10:09AM #22
mytmouse57

Feb 21, 2012 -- 12:43AM, Stardove wrote:

Feb 20, 2012 -- 6:40PM, mytmouse57 wrote:

Goofy plot or not, I'll probably go see the new Avatar when it comes out.

I'm a sucker for those eye-popping 3D effects. 

Congratulations to New Zealand for scoring the movie.

Avatar was a love story and I loved it!!!  Of course, I am a woman and that could make a difference in how the movie was viewed. It was also about what the "boat people" did to the Natives when they arrived in what is now America.  When you draw the parallel between the movie's theme and Native Americans the plot get a little thicker than just a love story.

I agree the 3D was wonderful and the movie would not have been the same without the 3D effects.

Avatar was the first movie my husband had seen since 1998 when we went to see Armageddon on vacation in Colorado.  Hubby doesn't get out much!  By the way he loved Avatar.  He thought Armageddon was a joke.

Yes, my wife loves Avatar as well, probably for much the same reasons you do. 

I didn't think the plot was awful -- it was just predictable and had an "it's been done before" feel to it. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 3:24PM #23
Merope

This thread was moved from the Hot Topics Zone.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2012 - 6:55AM #24
Lilwabbit

Hey, don't no Avatar mess with Chuck Norris.

"All things have I willed for you, and you too, for your own sake."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2012 - 4:12AM #25
steven_guy

Feb 19, 2012 -- 10:45PM, farragut wrote:

" New Zealand has a reputation"

Yeah, it's a great place, huge population of sheep. You can eat lamb or mutton every day.

Here in Australia we tell jokes about New Zealand and they do the same about us.

However, I do here that most houses are tagged and graffitied in New Zealand. HipHop culture, which is totally alien to the place and its situation, has been adopted by the young there. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook