Post Reply
Page 4 of 31  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Pure White and Deadly
3 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2012 - 7:47AM #31
arielg
Posts: 9,116

 We should have better things - certainly more interesting things - to occupy our minds.

Yeah, like choosing doctors, hospitals and health care plans to undue the harm done by mindless eating.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2012 - 7:54AM #32
Ken
Posts: 33,859

Feb 4, 2012 -- 7:47AM, arielg wrote:


 We should have better things - certainly more interesting things - to occupy our minds.

Yeah, like choosing doctors, hospitals and health care plans to undue the harm done by mindless eating.



That's obviously not what I had in mind. It's odd that you can't think of anything else.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2012 - 8:15AM #33
arielg
Posts: 9,116

It is the natural outcome of " It is vulgar and self-indulgent to expend much time and effort in thinking about the minutiae of what we eat"

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2012 - 8:20AM #34
arielg
Posts: 9,116

Local organic foods are often much cheaper than their processed, chemically filled and genetically engineered counterparts.


Eating healthy is actually cheaper. The problem is that most people are bad shoppers. Yavanna


Right.  One bag of potato chips will buy several pounds of potatoes, for instance.  Good meals can be made with rice and beans. What are usually expensive are the  fruits.


There is no need to spend a lot of time on this.  It becomes automatic once one learns to notice.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2012 - 9:05AM #35
Ken
Posts: 33,859

Feb 4, 2012 -- 8:15AM, arielg wrote:

It is the natural outcome of " It is vulgar and self-indulgent to expend much time and effort in thinking about the minutiae of what we eat"



No, it is not. Do you really have nothing better to do than think about your belly?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2012 - 10:38AM #36
arielg
Posts: 9,116

"There is no need to spend a lot of time on this.  It becomes automatic once one learns to notice". It is just above your so-called question.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2012 - 10:45AM #37
Ken
Posts: 33,859

Feb 4, 2012 -- 10:38AM, arielg wrote:


"There is no need to spend a lot of time on this.  It becomes automatic once one learns to notice". It is just above your so-called question.



It's not important, and people are tired of being preached to about it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2012 - 1:06PM #38
Fodaoson
Posts: 11,147

Pure, white and deadly, I thought it was going to be about cocaine.

“I seldom make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect.” Edward Gibbon
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2012 - 2:06PM #39
arielg
Posts: 9,116

Feb 4, 2012 -- 10:45AM, Ken wrote:


Feb 4, 2012 -- 10:38AM, arielg wrote:


"There is no need to spend a lot of time on this.  It becomes automatic once one learns to notice". It is just above your so-called question.



It's not important, and people are tired of being preached to about it.




Maybe you can start a thread about mindless eating and how wondersful it is to sleep soundly,  unfettered by "vulgar and self-indulgent to expend much time and effort in thinking about the minutiae of what we eat".  That should be interesting.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 04, 2012 - 2:27PM #40
Ken
Posts: 33,859

Feb 4, 2012 -- 2:06PM, arielg wrote:


Feb 4, 2012 -- 10:45AM, Ken wrote:


Feb 4, 2012 -- 10:38AM, arielg wrote:


"There is no need to spend a lot of time on this.  It becomes automatic once one learns to notice". It is just above your so-called question.



It's not important, and people are tired of being preached to about it.



Maybe you can start a thread about mindless eating and how wondersful it is to sleep soundly,  unfettered by "vulgar and self-indulgent to expend much time and effort in thinking about the minutiae of what we eat".  That should be interesting.



Hardly. Eating is rarely interesting. Nor would it be a Hot Topic.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 31  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 31 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook