Post Reply
Page 2 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View They are lying to us.
3 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2012 - 4:55PM #11
farragut
Posts: 3,965

Right, that proves that all scientists are crooks, just as other evidence proves that all clerics are crooks, and still other evidence shows that all politicians are crooks. Sounds like no one can be trusted, except for those few upon whom you wish to depend for your version of truth. And I am confident that everyone of them can be shown to have feet of clay.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2012 - 6:04PM #12
Blü
Posts: 24,830

When it comes to being deliberately and constantly dishonest, Creationists have very very few peers.  A nut like Hovind might happen to any group, but the likes of Gish, Dembski, Robertson, Ham and so on show that the entire petri dish is deeply toxic.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 06, 2012 - 11:28PM #13
Ken
Posts: 33,859

Feb 6, 2012 -- 4:45PM, iamachildofhis wrote:


Feb 6, 2012 -- 9:28AM, Ken wrote:



iama: I DO believe that some scientists are purposefully trying to deceive us.  .


Ken: But that's just the perennial paranoia of the Christian Right. They like to imagine evil conspiracies all over the place. That they routinely slander honest, hardworking, highly trained scientists just as Hitler routinely slandered Jews is a sign of their own moral corruption.



iama: Notice in the following CBC, Canada, NEWS report, the foundational support which was given to the asbestos industry in Quebec, Canada, by the SCIENTISTS at McGill university. These SCIENTISTS conducted their scientific investigations on the effects of the asbestos dust on human workers in the asbestos plant, found that the workers were being adversely affected by the asbestos dust. Evidence exists that McGill University's SCIENTISTS were paid monies by the asbestos factory owners to falsify their results, and, so, the asbestos factories continued to mine and export the asbestos.


"payments from the Quebec Asbestos Mining Association to McDonald and other researchers at the McGill School of Occupational Health totaling almost a million dollars from 1966 to 1972"


Don't tell me that there aren't scientists who can be bought!


Scientists viewing these forums, can ALL attest to the corrupt practices of some scientists!



I don't care about a few Canadian scientists forty years ago. Admit that the Christian Right is morally corrupt to the core and routinely slanders honest, hardworking, highly trained scientists. You'll feel better when you acknowledge the truth, and we can proceed to have a more fruitful discussion.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2012 - 3:37PM #14
iamachildofhis
Posts: 10,520

Feb 6, 2012 -- 6:04PM, Blü wrote:




Blu: When it comes to being deliberately and constantly dishonest, Creationists have very very few peers.  A nut like Hovind might happen to any group, but the likes of Gish, Dembski, Robertson, Ham and so on show that the entire petri dish is deeply toxic.



iama:  There are two, basic, world views, Blu!


1. The Biblical World View


2. The Humanistic World View.


You are judging The Biblical World View, from your stance holding to The Humanistic World View.


Therefore, you make your, above, statement.


Biblically, you are blind and cannot see that which is true, truth and wisdom!



.

The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
.
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
.
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2012 - 4:02PM #15
amcolph
Posts: 17,314

Feb 7, 2012 -- 3:37PM, iamachildofhis wrote:



 Blu: When it comes to being deliberately and constantly dishonest, Creationists have very very few peers.  A nut like Hovind might happen to any group, but the likes of Gish, Dembski, Robertson, Ham and so on show that the entire petri dish is deeply toxic.


iama:  There are two, basic, world views, Blu!


1. The Biblical World View


2. The Humanistic World View.


You are judging The Biblical World View, from your stance holding to The Humanistic World View.


Therefore, you make your, above, statement.


Biblically, you are blind and cannot see that which is true, truth and wisdom!



.




Does the 'biblical world view' excuse systematically misrepresenting what the theory of evolution and old-Earth cosmology actually claim?


Does the 'biblical world view' excuse slandering millions of ethical scientists, many of the Christians?


Does the 'biblical world view' excuse such things as using fraudulent academic credentials?




This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 07, 2012 - 6:57PM #16
Blü
Posts: 24,830

iama


1. The Biblical World View


You say that the bible is the word of god and inerrant. I've now asked you several times to give me a reasoned basis to think that's correct.


You've made no such reply.  Nor is any to be found on the links you posted.


In fact your Biblical World View is unsupported by evidence, irrational, arbitrary and untenable.


Understanding through ongoing enquiry and honest reasoning from examinable evidence wins handsomely - with no sign anywhere of a credible competitor.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2012 - 7:07PM #17
iamachildofhis
Posts: 10,520

Feb 7, 2012 -- 6:57PM, Blü wrote:



iama:


1. The Biblical World View


Blu: You say that the bible is the word of god and inerrant. I've now asked you several times to give me a reasoned basis to think that's correct.


You've made no such reply.  Nor is any to be found on the links you posted.


In fact your Biblical World View is unsupported by evidence, irrational, arbitrary and untenable.


Understanding through ongoing enquiry and honest reasoning from examinable evidence wins handsomely - with no sign anywhere of a credible competitor.



iama: You must take time to do a very thorough study of the matter.  Your posts continually ask for evidence for The Bible, The Fall, The Creation, The Flood, The Tower of Babel, Prophecies, Abraham's Nation: Israel, The Genesis 3:15 prophecy, The Genesis 3 Fall, Satan's temptation, etc.


I challenge you to take the time to read through the following presentations, which DO answer your questions. 


It is our Creator-God's point of view which is being presented via the human recorders of The Bible, both the Old and New Testaments.


Give yourself, say, a month to encounter that which is biblical as it is presented in the following:



Does God Exist?




Genesis 1-11



.

The wonder of Christmas is that the God Who dwelt among us, now, can dwell within us. - Roy Lessin
.
"Father, forgive them for they know not what they do."
.
Justice is receiving what you deserve.
Mercy is NOT receiving what you deserve.
Grace is receiving what you DO NOT deserve.
.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2012 - 7:40PM #18
Blü
Posts: 24,830

iama


No point in challenging me to read anything till you tell me why any impartial and informed person should think the bible is the word of god or think the bible is inerrant.


And you need to tell me in your own words.  Links don't cut it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 17, 2012 - 9:02PM #19
amcolph
Posts: 17,314

Feb 17, 2012 -- 7:40PM, Blü wrote:


iama


No point in challenging me to read anything till you tell me why any impartial and informed person should think the bible is the word of god or think the bible is inerrant.


And you need to tell me in your own words.  Links don't cut it.




Especially those links which, if you can steel yourself to look at them, you will find to be the most godawful dreck.  It saddens me that anything so ignorant and self-congratulatory as that should parade itself as "Christian."

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 18, 2012 - 4:58PM #20
steven_guy
Posts: 11,740

Feb 17, 2012 -- 9:02PM, amcolph wrote:


Feb 17, 2012 -- 7:40PM, Blü wrote:


iama


No point in challenging me to read anything till you tell me why any impartial and informed person should think the bible is the word of god or think the bible is inerrant.


And you need to tell me in your own words.  Links don't cut it.




Especially those links which, if you can steel yourself to look at them, you will find to be the most godawful dreck.  It saddens me that anything so ignorant and self-congratulatory as that should parade itself as "Christian."




Christians have nothing to fear from science, scientists, atheists, agnostics, humanists or members of other religions. The destruction of the Christian religions will be an inside job.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook