Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
6 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2011 - 3:56PM #11
mindis1

Nov 1, 2011 -- 6:07PM, Miguel_de_servet wrote:

mindis1

Oct 31, 2011 -- 4:28PM, mindis1 wrote:

It's ashamed [sic!] you are not as adept at defending your claims as you are at cutting and pasting cartoons.

It's a shame that, before starting to resonate with your fluid and inclusive species of holistic, panexperientialistic idealism you didn't learn some English grammar ... 

MdS

I’ll take any linguistic error any day over your endless supply of logical and factual errors. Did you ever figure out what a valid argument is?

Shall we assume that you have nothing to contribute to the topic of this thread?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 03, 2011 - 9:48PM #12
Miguel_de_servet

mindis1

Nov 3, 2011 -- 3:56PM, mindis1 wrote:

I’ll take any linguistic error any day over your endless supply of logical and factual errors. Did you ever figure out what a valid argument is?

Shall we assume that you have nothing to contribute to the topic of this thread?

What else is left for anybody to contruibute after your OP?

Once in A Lifetime, This Must be the Place to admit that you have excelled yourself!

What with Eno and Byrne?

What with the Pythagoreans? I can even hear the Music of the Spheres.

Isn't it beautiful? Innocent

I feel like crying ... Cry

MdS

Revelation is above, not against Reason

“The everlasting God is a refuge, and underneath you are his eternal arms ...” (Deut 33:27)
“Do you have an arm like God, and can you thunder with a voice like his?” (Job 40:9)
“By the Lord’s word [dabar] the heavens were made; and by the breath [ruwach] of his mouth all their host.” (Psalm 33:6)
“Forever, O LORD, Your word [dabar] stands in heaven.” (Psalm 119:89)
“Who would have believed what we just heard? When was the arm of the Lord revealed through him?” (Isaiah 53:1)
“Lord, who has believed our message, and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?” (John 12:38)
“For not the hearers of the law are righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be declared righteous.” (Romans 2:13)

“Owe no one anything, except to love one another, for the one who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.”(Romans 13:8)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2011 - 3:37PM #13
mindis1

Nov 3, 2011 -- 9:48PM, Miguel_de_servet wrote:

mindis1

Nov 3, 2011 -- 3:56PM, mindis1 wrote:

What else is left for anybody to contruibute after your OP?

Wow, you don’t know much about music and mathematics, do you? Anyone who is even marginally familiar with the topic would know that I didn’t even begin to scratch the surface in the OP. Numerous books have been written on the subject, including one by Sir James Jeans.  

For instance, one of the reasons one so often knows what note will be played next in Tubular Bells is because Oldfield does a lot of transposition, which is a set theoretic function that preserves the interval.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook