Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Jolie, the amazing little cat
3 years ago  ::  Oct 09, 2011 - 11:16PM #1
solfeggio
This is one of those feel-good stories that we all need from time to time.

www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Ely/Amazing-sto...

A cat that was thrown from a car in the town of March in Cambridgeshire, England, was subsequently rescued by a good Samaritan and taken to the RSPCA for treatment.  She was named Jolie, and since it was obvious that she had recently had kittens, she was taken back to the area where she had been rescued, in the hope that her kittens could be found.

Not to worry.  Jolie quickly led the inspector through a field and across country to where her kittens were behind a farmyard woodpile. 

Mother and babies are doing well.  And you can see a picture of them here:

blogs.catster.com/kitty-news-network/201...     

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2011 - 11:45AM #2
rocketjsquirell

Why would someone throw their cat from a car?

Glad the cat and her kittens are well

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2011 - 2:38PM #3
mainecaptain

Oct 10, 2011 -- 11:45AM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Why would someone throw their cat from a car?

Glad the cat and her kittens are well

I wish I knew. I rescued a kitten four years ago that had been thrown from a car. She was injured enough to require emergency surgery.  She is doing very well now.

As to the story, I am so glad they are doing well. Cats are incredible creatures. I have  much respect for.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2011 - 3:16PM #4
DotNotInOz

At least, tossing an unwanted animal out the car window is marginally better than putting the poor thing in a sturdy bag, tying it securely shut and pitching the bag off a bridge.

PAI = People Are Idiots

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2011 - 5:10PM #5
mainecaptain

Oct 10, 2011 -- 3:16PM, DotNotInOz wrote:

At least, tossing an unwanted animal out the car window is marginally better than putting the poor thing in a sturdy bag, tying it securely shut and pitching the bag off a bridge.

PAI = People Are Idiots

true, and true. PAI

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2011 - 5:47PM #6
solfeggio

I find that any sort of deliberate, pointless cruelty, whether shown towards humans or nonhumans, is incomprehensible.

Why put a cat in a bag and dump it into a lake, or throw a cat out of a car window, when it would be so easy to just take the animal to the nearest animal shelter?  You could even just leave the cat in a box in front of the shelter, if you didn't want to go in.

Why cause needless suffering to any creature?

This is something about humans that I'll never understand.  Abraham Lincoln spoke of the better angels of our nature.  Why don't we make more of an effort to follow them?

But, as Grissom once said in an episode of 'CSI: Las Vegas':

'Our moral compass can only point us in the right direction.  It can't make us go there.'

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2011 - 5:51PM #7
mainecaptain

I agree. Solf.  It is sometimes to much for my sanity. By the way, the kitten I saved, is sitting beside me trying to hypnotise me, she is a delightful little being.

People that so easily harm animals , would also so easily harm other humans. Be nice if we could make everyone understand that.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2011 - 8:24PM #8
mytmouse57

Awwww... cute kitty. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 10, 2011 - 9:08PM #9
Sacrificialgoddess

My cat is sitting next to trying to convince me that contrary to what I believe, cats love cauliflower and he would be happy to finish what is on my plate.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 11, 2011 - 12:24AM #10
Ebon

Nice story, good to hear mum and kittens doing well. I confess that I don't understand what would have been so difficult about taking her into a shelter either.

We have a new kitty here:

This is Cracker (or it would have been if the bloody software worked right, there's a picture of her in my gallery). She came via the CPL from a horder who had 23 cats. She's very loving but slightly neurotic and has had an upset tummy which has so far required two trips to the vet in under three weeks.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook