Post Reply
Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Islamophobes are ignorant crazies
3 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2011 - 12:49PM #1
Christianlib
Posts: 21,848
Gov. Christie (NJ) tells it like it is.

maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/0...

Since we evidently can't call it "racism", may we just call it bigotry?

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2011 - 1:41PM #2
REteach
Posts: 13,556

Aug 4, 2011 -- 12:49PM, Christianlib wrote:

Gov. Christie (NJ) tells it like it is.

maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/0...

Since we evidently can't call it "racism", may we just call it bigotry?





Awesome. Let's call it like it is.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2011 - 1:49PM #3
Mlyons619
Posts: 16,206

Holy smokes - and Christy a Republican too?


CL saying something NICE about a Republican?  Is the World coming to an end?

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2011 - 1:58PM #4
rocketjsquirell
Posts: 14,511

Gov. Christie is an ignorant crazy himself. Count yourself blessed that you are not so unfortunate as to live in the Garden State and have to suffer from his schoolyard bully tactics and corrosive policies. 


Whether one should be worried about Islam depends on what you are talking about. If you are talking about the actual religion as practiced by most Muslims here and abroad, then you would have to be an ignorant crazy to be afraid of Islam. If you are talking about the specific subsets of Islam as followed by the Taliban, the Saudis, Hamas, Hezbollah, the Iranian Mullahs, etc... then you do have cause to worry.


What we need is better specificity in our language and a better understanding of Islam. Mostly we need to understand that the violent sects in Islam are no more representative of Islam than  the groups founded and led by Jim Jones, David Koresh or Warren Jeffs are representative of Christianity. Sadly, that is a distinction which too many people are unable to understand. As they say, "I blame the media"


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2011 - 2:18PM #5
TemplarS
Posts: 6,259

I'm from NJ also, and I'm no fan of Christie's, mostly because of his political thuggery.


But, understand that there are 2 Christie's.  The one who is a NJ Republican (who, therefore, for example, probably believes that creationists are nuts); and the Christie who sees himself as a national figure in the GOP (and who therefore declines to publically comment on his beliefs on creationism vs. evolution). 


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2011 - 2:48PM #6
Christianlib
Posts: 21,848

Aug 4, 2011 -- 1:49PM, Mlyons619 wrote:


Holy smokes - and Christy a Republican too?


CL saying something NICE about a Republican?  Is the World coming to an end?




I try to say something nice EVERY time a Republican does something right.


 


It just happens SO seldom. 

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2011 - 2:49PM #7
Christianlib
Posts: 21,848

Aug 4, 2011 -- 1:58PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:


Gov. Christie is an ignorant crazy himself. Count yourself blessed that you are not so unfortunate as to live in the Garden State and have to suffer from his schoolyard bully tactics and corrosive policies. 


Whether one should be worried about Islam depends on what you are talking about. If you are talking about the actual religion as practiced by most Muslims here and abroad, then you would have to be an ignorant crazy to be afraid of Islam. If you are talking about the specific subsets of Islam as followed by the Taliban, the Saudis, Hamas, Hezbollah, the Iranian Mullahs, etc... then you do have cause to worry.


What we need is better specificity in our language and a better understanding of Islam. Mostly we need to understand that the violent sects in Islam are no more representative of Islam than  the groups founded and led by Jim Jones, David Koresh or Warren Jeffs are representative of Christianity. Sadly, that is a distinction which too many people are unable to understand. As they say, "I blame the media"


 




 


--sigh--


How many verses are there to this one-note song of yours?

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2011 - 2:55PM #8
Mlyons619
Posts: 16,206

Aug 4, 2011 -- 2:48PM, Christianlib wrote:


Aug 4, 2011 -- 1:49PM, Mlyons619 wrote:


Holy smokes - and Christy a Republican too?


CL saying something NICE about a Republican?  Is the World coming to an end?




I try to say something nice EVERY time a Republican does something right.


 


It just happens SO seldom. 




Much better.  For a while, I thought we were all in trouble...

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2011 - 3:04PM #9
Nepenthe
Posts: 2,537

For any who can stomach it, check out comments on The Blaze to see who exactly Christie was talking about. 

Gary Johnson 2012
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2011 - 3:14PM #10
BDboy
Posts: 4,580

Good to see media giving some attention for doing the "Right thing". A win win deal for the gov.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook