Page 4 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 8:57PM #31
MSaraTemp

Jul 21, 2011 -- 8:19PM, appy20 wrote:

Thank you Wanderingal and Callilou. AS lost one of her beloved ones too and that story was on the Pets Board.  It caused her a lot of pain. My greatest hope is that she is reunited with her kitty.  Nothing would make her happier. Or me.

Jul 21, 2011 -- 8:28PM, Callielou wrote:

Appy, that's a wonderful thought! That's what I want to believe, AS and her kitty are again united.

Oh I think she most certainly is! :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 9:04PM #32
Panhead

Wow I'm stunned.

What a terrible loss.

Rest in peace AS.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 9:21PM #33
Hatman

i'm very surprised and saddened by this sudden loss; she and i almost always got along very well.  (i suspect that she may no longer be agnostic, especially if reunited with her cat.)  Warmest regards, et bonne voyage, AS!  Hatman

Moderated by Merope on Jul 21, 2011 - 09:50PM
"History records that the moneychangers have used every form of abuse, deceit, intrigue, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance."
-- James Madison(1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 9:48PM #34
DotNotInOz
Wow! Unbelievable.

While I didn't know her as well as many of you did, I always knew that a posting bearing her username would be well worth reading.

For this wordsmith and language lover, that's about the pinnacle of eulogizing someone.

May the afterlife surprise and delight her as her thoughts so often did us here.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 10:04PM #35
MSaraTemp

Jul 21, 2011 -- 9:48PM, DotNotInOz wrote:

Wow! Unbelievable. While I didn't know her as well as many of you did, I always knew that a posting bearing her username would be well worth reading. For this wordsmith and language lover, that's about the pinnacle of eulogizing someone. May the afterlife surprise and delight her as her thoughts so often did us here.

+100

And worth repeating!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 11:21PM #36
jane2

Rest in Peace, Agnostic Spirit.

Peace to your family, too.

Jane

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 11:26PM #37
Mlyons619

Agnosticspirit and I were part of the original moderating team on this thread together - and co-moderators of the US NEWS & POLITICS board.  We were opposites on the political spectrum, but despite that she was such that we were able to find common grounds and become friends as well as colleagues. 

When I ended my moderatorship last year, our friendship remained.

She was intelligent, witty, informed, and wise; moreover, she had the capacity to see beyond the politics and get to know the person.  A way to rare combination on this board.  Her departure dimishes this board.  I will miss her very much.

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2011 - 3:13AM #38
CharikIeia

What sad news!

I've missed your passionate moderating style for a while, AS.

Only now I realise, I've also missed our mail exchange.

Only now I see what you had to cope with instead. When people like you fall silent,
it is typically not because they have found a nicer place in this world.

What a loss I have been in all that time. One of your 137 beliefnet "friends",
but not one to rely on. Which is not to say that you would have needed anything...

Appy, thanks for staying in touch, and thanks for sharing this!

Virginia, you'll remain with us ~ part of 'the cloud' and part of our collective memory.

You're right here!

tl;dr
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2011 - 8:16AM #39
Ebon

I'm stunned. I got to know Ag pretty well over the years and she was always a great person to chat with. She's a loss to everyone who knew her.

Devlesa araklam tume, devlesa avilan, tut le Devlesa.

(It is with God that we found you, it was God who brought you, we now leave you to God)

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2011 - 9:08AM #40
Maya3

I am SO sorry to hear this.

I have not been on Beliefnet for a long time, yesterday by chance someone e-mailed me and asked to be my friend as he is starting an interfaith group on Beliefnet. Thanks to this I was reminded of Beliefnet and went back.

Bless you AgnosticSpirit and your new journey. 

Blessings and condolences to her family, all her animals and her friends.

Maya

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook