Page 2 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 2:46PM #11
Girlchristian
Wow. Just awful and sad. My prayers are with her family and friends. I'm glad that she's now free of pain.

(Isn't it amazing how people we never meet but get to know here, for good or bad, can touch our lives?)

She will be missed for sure...
"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." George Chakiris

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.” Stuart Chase
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 2:59PM #12
Merope

Thank you, appy, for posting this.  I'm going to make this an announcement-type thread so that it will be at the top of the threads list here for as long as we want.

Folks may or may not know that AgnosticSpirit was a founding host of this forum and someone who helped build this forum into the vibrant place for discussion that it is today.  

Her co-hosts here - Stardove, Drawout, MarySara, RangerKen, and I - all mourn the loss of our colleague and friend.  She lives on in our hearts, minds, and memories.

Our hearts go out to her mother, as well.

May she rest in peace and may her spirit remain with all of us.

Merope, Stardove, RangerKen, Drawout, and MarySara
Beliefnet Community Hosts
Hot Topics Zone

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 3:25PM #13
Stardove

Just this morning I emailed AS.....

Virginia, I have had you on my mind lately and wanted to check in to see how you and your mom are doing.  I hope all is well and life has settled down.

You are being missed at Beliefnet.  Just yesterday you were asked about at USNP.

Anyway just want you to know you are missed by me and others at the site.

What can I add beside AS will be greatly missed by all B'netter who knew her and loved her spirit.  May the after life be filled with peace, love, and harmony.  I will miss you greatly AgnosticSpirit.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove

The sun rises every morning and sheds light, vanquishing the night's darkness. The rooster also rises every morning only, unlike the sun, he simply makes noise. But the darkness of the night is dispelled by sunshine, not by the rooster's crowing.The world can use more light and less noise. Where I can, I want to be light.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 5:25PM #14
Merope

Just a bit more about AgnosticSpirit's contributions to the Beliefnet Community ~

She joined Beliefnet in 2008 and quickly found a home here.

She blogged thoughtfully and fairly prolifically.

She was much loved and widely respected by the members, which led the members to vote her one of the top finalists for 2009 Beliefnet Member of the Year.

She was instrumental in setting up the Agnosticism forum, and she was its founding host.

She also hosted the Addictions & Recovery, Discuss Atheism, Discuss Islam, Hot Topics Zone, and US News & Politics forums.

Additionally, she led the Beliefnet Knowledgebase group, as well as the Help Without Borders, Bnet Book Club, and Bnetters Against Activity Feed! groups.

She gave greatly of herself to the Community.

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 6:17PM #15
Bunsinspace

BS"D

May He who conforts those who mourn for Zion comfort us in our grieving and may AgnosticSpirit be remembered for good always.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 6:51PM #16
Justme333

Oh, darn - sometimes life just sucks, but sometimes a fast passing is a blessing, and I think that this may have been one of those times. My heart and prayers go out to her family, friends - both the virtual and the up close and personal types - and her beloved pets. She was such a gentle soul - I will miss her counsel.

Justme

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."  Will Rogers

"Give to those who ask, and don't turn away from those who want to borrow."  Matthew 5:42

"Charity is no substitute for justice withheld."         St. Augustine

"Your love for God is only as great as the love you have for the person you love least."  Dorothy Day

"If you want peace, work for justice." Pope Paul VI
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 6:51PM #17
Wanderingal

Sending thoughts and prayers for her and all her loved ones.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 7:21PM #18
Beautiful_Dreamer

Cancer is so horrible and unpredictable. I've never heard of it taking someone this quickly, but at least she isn't suffering. Prayers going out to her family.

Is there anything we can do for her family? For instance, maybe we could get together and get a potted tree or flowers for the funeral?

She'll definitely be missed!

More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 7:37PM #19
wohali

AS gave many of us gifts that we will carry in our hearts.

Prayers for her journey.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 7:48PM #20
Callielou

I am deeply sadden to hear of AS's passing. I considered her a dear friend, as many here do. She took me under her wing and taught me a great deal of how to navigate around Beliefnet when I first joined.

She was a fine lady with qualities that could be admired by everyone that knew her. AS was a shinning star for Beliefnet, and her memory will always shine here.

A few months back she wrote me and ask for prayers for her Mom that was very ill, her Mom is Christian. I never did hear how her Mom was doing. Did anyone hear?

We shared a lot of common interest. We both are animal lovers and animal activist, especialy kitty cats. I remember Feb. 2010, her kitty of 19 years died and we cried on each others shoulder. I was still grieving over my kitty, Callielou.

I am finding this very hard to comprehend. I loved her and will miss her greatly! I will ALWAYS remember Agnostic Spirit, AS. Rest well Dear.

My Deepest Sympathy And Prayers For Her Family,
Callielou.....Brenda

Moderated by Merope on Jul 21, 2011 - 09:53PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook