Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
3 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2011 - 10:04AM #71
theprophetofpop

All of us at Beliefnet were saddened by this news, prayers for her family.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 05, 2011 - 6:19PM #72
Paravani

Hi, All!

Wow...  I never really got to know AS, because she stopped posting around the same time that I got back onto Bnet.  We would have been friends, given the chance...

... So I was shocked to discover on looking up her posting history, that her second-to-last post was addressed to me.  She helped me figure out how to un-block somebody in this new interface.

I'm sorry she's gone.

I'm even more sorry that she's gone before I ever had the chance to really know her.

Love,

-- Claudia

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 07, 2011 - 11:19PM #73
Sandhya60

blessings to you and all..

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 09, 2011 - 7:35PM #74
visio

In the Islam Debate board we had quite a sticky exchanges especially on dogs.  Inspite all of those my prayer is for ALLAH to bless her soul and accord her with a better set of spirit and body to inherit, on her next return.  We are all on a journey, only separated by time.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 11, 2011 - 2:33PM #75
BillThinks4Himself

Jul 21, 2011 -- 1:24PM, appy20 wrote:

AgnosticSpirit, who was a very vital part of this board for a long time, died yesterday morning.  Two weeks ago, she discovered she had lung cancer. It spread to her lungs and shoulder.  I will miss her very much.  My prayers are with her family.

I am humbled by the news.  AgnosticSpirit was a gentle, loving, voice of reason.  I enjoyed her posts and her humanity.  I'm glad I got to share thoughts with her and I am saddened that I didn't in the two weeks between her diagnosis and her departure.  I'm most saddened that she is not here to trade thoughts with now.  I wish her well.  If this life gives way to something more permanent, I wish her well.  If not, what she was survives her.  There are few people who inspire nothing but good memories and uplifting thoughts.  She was among these precious few.

May she live long in our memories.

Bill

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 30, 2011 - 4:47AM #76
Thomas_R

I am very much shocked to read the news of the demise of beloved AgnosticSpirit.

Though I have never checked her profile, nor communicated with her personally, I admired her insightful replies/messages in many forums. (In fact I even did not know that AgnosticSpirit was a woman!).

My heartfelt sympathies goes to her family memebers.

We definitely wll miss her here sorely.

--- It was after after almost 2 years I revisited the belief net and waht I found was this sad news! ----

Thomas

=========================
Born a Muslim; openly apostate since childhood because Allah gave me the ability to think for myself (@_@)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 05, 2011 - 4:21PM #77
Marcion

She was one of the very  few moderators that I chose to put on my friends list.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 22, 2011 - 6:29PM #78
Roodog

Jul 21, 2011 -- 1:24PM, appy20 wrote:

AgnosticSpirit, who was a very vital part of this board for a long time, died yesterday morning.  Two weeks ago, she discovered she had lung cancer. It spread to her lungs and shoulder.  I will miss her very much.  My prayers are with her family.

Damn, that's a bummer.

Cancer sucks and AS will be missed, even by those who disagreed with her.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2011 - 2:27PM #79
sydneymoon

I haven't been here as of late and I am heartbroken to hear of her passing. Agnostic Spirit's insight was not only keen, but always measured and compassionate.

Sincere condolences.

Margaret Mead: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook