3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2011 - 12:16AM #11
Blü

REteach

Noted.  Thank you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2011 - 8:17AM #12
REteach

I see there is an article on the science of intelligence in the new issue--should be interesting. 

I find Schroedinger's cat interesting, but I have to admit I do not fully "get" it, particularly the reversibility part. 

Oddly, for me, the more I learn about the complexity of science, physics, biology, "big science", the more in awe of God I am.  I will admit however that my understanding of Divine has changed a lot.  If there is a God, I am confident that whatever It is will be nothing like what I imagine, or what I can imagine.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2011 - 8:59PM #13
Blü

REteach

No, I don't get the reversibility part either.  I'd have thought Bob would have to be in the same superposition as the cat, so that the note he pushed back under the door to Alice would read YNEOS.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2011 - 10:36PM #14
REteach

Even though I don't fully understand it, the implications that I glean amaze me.  

I do wonder why, though, a bunch of subatomic particles will hang around together for about 80 years or so, then basically wave goodbye and wander off in other directions.  

Not to mention that when we die, we die in parts.  Losing our brain is a bad thing, but blood and bone and diaphragm can still be alive after we are dead.  What is that all about?

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2011 - 3:42AM #15
Blü

REteach

why, though, a bunch of subatomic particles will hang  around together for about 80 years or so, then basically wave goodbye  and wander off in other directions.

The eighty year itch?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2011 - 7:46AM #16
REteach

Fractals?  :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook