Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View James Bond returns!
4 years ago  ::  Jan 12, 2011 - 9:59PM #11
solfeggio

I'm no fan of Daniel Craig, either.  I put him into the 'George Lazenby' category of miscast actors to play Bond.

But, then, I guess I just like the original films with good ol' Connery doing his stuff against the bad guys who seem to be always looking for ways to blow up the planet (and, presumably, themselves with it, which never seems to bother them.)

I liked Judi Dench, though.  But, then, I like anything with the divine Dame Judy.  She was marvelous in Chocolat, and much earlier, in 84 Charing Cross Road, amongst many others.  And then there was the 1980s comedy TV series, 'A Fine Romance,' in which she starred with her late husband.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2011 - 12:05AM #12
mytmouse57

I guess I'm the voice off dissent here. I think Craig kicks ass as James Bond.

To me, the serious, gritty tone of the last two films is better than the cheeseball antics of many of the older ones. Not that I dislike them. But they are goofy and fun. The sort of thing I'll watch on DVD when I'm looking for bubblegum entertainment on a lazy afternoon.

The new bond films are intense.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2011 - 4:27PM #13
Yavanna

Moore didn't take the role seriously. His Bond comes off and such a satirical fake. It doesn't matter how unrealistic the films are, without that sense of realistic fantasy you just lose the whole thing.

I actually liked On Her Majesty's Secret Service quite a bit and would've preferred George continue instead of Roger.

Daniel Craig reminds me the most of Sean's physical side and Brosnan of his charm and wit. Put them together and you'd have Connery. The new ones still breath a fresh life into the series though. You've got to admit that for it to stay relevant things had to change.

I'm sure that forty years from now I'll be bemoaning the new Bond and saying that when I was young, James Bond wasn't a cyborg. Wink

The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.

For ancient king and elvish lord
There many a gloaming golden hoard
They shaped and wrought, and light they caught
To hide in gems on hilt of sword.
- J.R.R. Tolkien
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2011 - 11:06PM #14
Agnosticspirit

This thread has been moved from Hot Topics Zone. 

--- Agnosticspirit Bnet Community cohost HTZ

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook