Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Changes at Beliefnet
4 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2010 - 6:05PM #1
Stardove

Good day. It was announced June 25th that Fox News Corp has sold    Beliefnet to BN Media. Click    here to view an article.

Other than the fact that    paid staff I've had the honor of working with the last few years were    let go as a result, there have been no changes to the community forums    with these exceptions:

1. To report a software glitch, click on  community.beliefnet.com/beliefnet_commun... to send  a   private message to the member Beliefnet_Community.

2. For    technical assistance, visit the Beliefnet Knowledgebase. We'll do our    best to help. If you're uncertain whether you're experiencing a  genuine   software glitch or a temporary hiccup on  your computer, feel  free to   post a new thread on the Knowledgebase.

3. To report    scam/phishing emails sent through Beliefnet's Private messaging  system,   press the Report Content button. That action will notify the   appropriate  person who vanquishes the spammer/scammers.

If BN   Media is more  amenable in cultivating social networking sites, this   could very well be  a positive move for our beloved Communities.

With these new  changes I have been given the  tools to all the forums  and groups, a  Super Moderator along with  Merope and Rangerken.  Which  means our time is  going to be spread  thin.

For  the moment the three of us are taking   care of the Community side of  Beliefnet. If any thing on this forum  needs our attention please send  a private  message through B'net to one  of the community hosts here.

Kind regards to all,

Stardove ~ Beliefnet Community Host

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2010 - 8:13AM #2
Tmarie64

I heard about this.  I'd left, given up hope of ever having fair and balanced forums.  I'll give it another chance... Hope they don't fail as the previous owners have.

James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2010 - 11:28AM #3
Agnosticspirit

Jun 26, 2010 -- 6:05PM, Stardove wrote:

With these new  changes I have been given the  tools to all the forums  and groups, a  Super Moderator along with  Merope and Rangerken.  Which  means our time is  going to be spread  thin.

For  the moment the three of us are taking   care of the Community side of  Beliefnet. If any thing on this forum  needs our attention please send  a private  message through B'net to one  of the community hosts here.

It occurs to me it may not be a bad idea to provide the list of hosts for those who haven't visited the Welcome Thread. 

Drawout

Marysara722

Merope

Rangerken

Stardove

Moderated by Merope on Apr 11, 2012 - 09:45PM
Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 04, 2010 - 9:08PM #4
TemplarS

Jun 26, 2010 -- 6:05PM, Stardove wrote:

Other than the fact that   paid staff I've had the honor of working with the last few years were   let go as a result, there have been no changes to the community forums   with these exceptions:

Really sorry about that.

But not surprising when new masters take over.

In business, nobody ever takes over and starts by increasing costs.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2010 - 1:15PM #5
Agnosticspirit

Moved posts from the B'net has been sold again thread.

2 weeks ago  ::  Jun 25, 2010 -  8:50PM

Innerpoint

This story was broken on Yahoo this evening.  While there haven't been any announced changes, as yet, to the site, boards, or hosts, there have been some changes made at the administrative level.

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100625/ap_on_hi_te...

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2010 - 1:16PM #6
Agnosticspirit
2 weeks ago  ::  Jun 25, 2010 -  8:54PM #2 

Mlyons619

YUP!  YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST - RUPERT SOLD BNET!

... News Corp., the owner of MySpace.com, sold the multifaith BeliefNet website to ...BN Media LLC, the Norfolk, Virginia-based owner of CrossBridge.com and Affinity4.com, the companies said today in an e-mailed statement. Terms weren’t disclosed....Rupert Murdoch, the company’s chairman and chief executive officer, has begun charging for Internet content that used to be free....

So whaddya think of them apples...?

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2010 - 1:17PM #7
Agnosticspirit
2 weeks ago  ::  Jun 25, 2010 -  9:30PM #3 

rangerken

What matters to us here is that there is NO change to how these forums operate. Now whether or not things will change remains to be seen, and as soon as we know anything more we'll let everyone know. But for now, everything continues to function as it has with one exception. That is this. There is no longer anyone to see a reported post in the Community Mailbox. For now, notify one of three, senior moderators meaning Merope, Stardove, or me, Rangerken and one of us will deal with the problem.

Rangerken, Beliefnet Community Moderator

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2010 - 1:18PM #8
Agnosticspirit

Good morning everyone! RUTHLESSLY Wink removed a few off topic posts. Let's keep this thread on track and limit comments to the change in ownership, hmmm?

As of today, no word yet from new management (as far as I know, anyway) about what -- if any --- changes we can expect to see on the Beliefnet communities.  Beliefnet is the only place where some members can speak freely with other members about topics they'd never feel as free to bring up in their churches, synagogues, mosques, gathering halls, or even their own homes..... It is my hope, the hope of MOST of us share I would think,  that the multi-faith concept of Beliefnet will remain intact.

Kind regards to all,

AS

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2010 - 1:59PM #9
Stardove

On June 30 Cross Bridge made an announcement on their blog about Beliefnet joined the family.  In part:

Beliefnet’s mission is to help people find and walk a spiritual path that instills comfort, hope, clarity, strength, and happiness for people who are exploring their own faith or are curious about other faiths. You can find blogs and social networking tools, an extensive archive of feature articles and video, quizzes, devotionals, and interviews with noted politicians, celebrates and spiritual leaders all at their website – so check it out today!

So even though we knew about the sale Cross Bridge made their announcement 6 days ago. The check it out today was a link to Beliefnet at the site.  It does sound like they do understand we are a all inclusive faith based or not community.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 08, 2010 - 12:31PM #10
Spiritualguidance

I wonder if the new owner will be more attentive than the previous one. I used to send so many comments and feedbacks to Bnet and I wouldn't even get an acknowledgement that they received them. At one point it became discouraging.  I am at another networking site, whose team is really involved and it really makes it a difference.

I will try feedback again and see if they have changed.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook