Page 35 of 35  •  Prev 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35
4 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2010 - 5:21PM #341
teilhard

LOL ... I DO in FACT attend Mass in a Roman Catholic Parish whenever possible ...

Jul 20, 2010 -- 4:11PM, costrel wrote:

Jul 20, 2010 -- 12:05PM, teilhard wrote:

The "Lutheran" Reform Movement Leaders -- "Luther" being the first to come to mind, but NOT the SOLE or DEFINING Leader -- were CLEAR, then and now, that we are a REFORM  Movement WITHIN The Catholic Church ... We are NOT "Schismatic" ...

The Schism that DID take place was not what we sought -- or what we SEEK -- but rather we seek UNITY ... and Fellowship ... AND Reform ...

Then start attending Catholic Mass again like a devout Catholic rather than holding services with your own ministers in your own churches. I know lots of Catholics who do not agree with Catholic teachings, or who do not agree with the current revisions in the Catechism, or who even condemn the way that the Catholic Church has and is handling the sexual abuse scandal, but they are not leaving the Church. They faithfully attend Mass -- though some of them appear to find other humanitarian organizations to give their tithes to rather than giving their money to the Church.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2010 - 5:23PM #342
teilhard

L ... O ... L ... !!!

"Isn't it ironic, don't you think -- a little TOO ironic ... ???"

-- St. Alanis Morrissette

Jul 20, 2010 -- 4:22PM, costrel wrote:

Jul 20, 2010 -- 4:14PM, Wendyness wrote:

Oh, go to hell. You haven't even been part of this discussion so far anyway. You obviously do not understand why I told Teilhard what I told him, so don't get all judgemental concerning things you do not understand.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2010 - 5:40PM #343
Wendyness

Jul 20, 2010 -- 5:23PM, teilhard wrote:

L ... O ... L ... !!!

"Isn't it ironic, don't you think -- a little TOO ironic ... ???"

-- St. Alanis Morrissette

Jul 20, 2010 -- 4:22PM, costrel wrote:

Jul 20, 2010 -- 4:14PM, Wendyness wrote:

Oh, go to hell. You haven't even been part of this discussion so far anyway. You obviously do not understand why I told Teilhard what I told him, so don't get all judgemental concerning things you do not understand.

Chuckle....chuckle...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2010 - 5:43PM #344
teilhard

But I WON'T Kiss Your Ring, Brother(+) ...

Jul 20, 2010 -- 4:46PM, Christianlib wrote:

One of the joys of being a protestant is that one does not have to give a flip about what the Bishop of Rome says or thinks, what the "Position of the Church" is, or whether individual or grouped Roman Catholic adherents agree with either your beliefs or your use of terminology.

That all fell apart for the with about the first hammer blow on Luther's "Hot 95."  And, if not then, absolutely by the time ole Hank VIII, said, "Hey Popesy, I'm tired of this wife."

If I, or T., or anyone WANTS to call themselves "Catholic,"  we can.  Heck, if I wanted to begin to refer to myself as "Archbishop Christianlib", I could do that.  With the Inquisition in retreat for several centuries, and with the very fact of my protestantism meaning I am "excommunicated", there's not much the guy in the dress and the white beanie can do.

Guess I'll use the language how, where, and when I want.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2010 - 6:06PM #345
costrel

If I, or T., or anyone WANTS to call themselves "Catholic,"  we can.  Heck, if I wanted to begin to refer to myself as "Archbishop Christianlib", I could do that.  With the Inquisition in retreat for several centuries, and with the very fact of my protestantism meaning I am "excommunicated", there's not much the guy in the dress and the white beanie can do.

Well then, fine. And if you want to refer to yourself as "Dr. Christianlib" even though you don't have a PhD, go ahead and do that to. Just don't expect the rest of us to give a shit.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2010 - 6:10PM #346
Christianlib

Jul 20, 2010 -- 6:06PM, costrel wrote:

Well then, fine. And if you want to refer to yourself as "Dr. Christianlib" even though you don't have a PhD, go ahead and do that to. Just don't expect the rest of us to give a shit.

Pre---cisely!

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2010 - 6:13PM #347
teilhard

What does THAT have to do with The Topic at Hand ... ???

Just don't expect the rest of us to give a shit.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2010 - 6:13PM #348
teilhard

Or ... Ex -- Actly ...

( Or, otherwise ... "Communicatio Idiomatum" )

Jul 20, 2010 -- 6:10PM, Christianlib wrote:

Pre---cisely!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2010 - 6:16PM #349
Christianlib

T, 

You may heneforth address me as, "Your Grace" if you wish.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2010 - 6:25PM #350
teilhard

Okay ... I'll be "George" ... You can be "Gracie" ...

( But I STILL won't "Kiss your Ring" -- or your AnyThingElse ... )

Jul 20, 2010 -- 6:16PM, Christianlib wrote:

T, 

You may henceforth address me as, "Your Grace" if you wish.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 35 of 35  •  Prev 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook