Switch to Forum Live View Church is for crims--you're safer in a brothel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2010 - 5:35PM #1
Karma_yeshe_dorje
«A breakdown of the figures showed that 85 people were assaulted in places of worship, compared to 66 at an adult entertainment premises.

According to the report, places of worship include churches, synagogues, monasteries, mosques, convents, cathedrals and chapels.

Premises listed under adult entertainment included strip clubs, sex shops, brothels, massage parlours, homosexual clubs, gaming houses as well as gambling clubs.

Places of worship were also ahead on sexual offences (16), theft from motor vehicles (33), resisting arrest (seven) and liquor offences (10).

Harassment and threatening behaviour at places of worship (30) was more than double that of adult entertainment (13).

Two people were charged with possessing or using marijuanain places of worship. The figure was a 90 per cent decrease on the previous year, when 20 people were charged with the offence.

Only one person was charged with the offence at an adult entertainment premises in 2008.»

www.news.com.au/national/aussies-safer-i...
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2010 - 8:29PM #2
Eliascomes

5 This is what the LORD says:
       "Cursed is the one who trusts in man,
       who depends on flesh for his strength
       and whose heart turns away from the LORD.

25"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. 26Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.

27"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean. 28In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

Everyone is still fighting. The fighting stop when we reach the kingdom.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 25, 2010 - 10:01AM #3
karbie

Of course, the fact that Australia has legal brothels may help lesson the violence statistics. Unlike their counterparts in other countries, they can actually call the police if a client is abusive.

The statistics for sexual abuse offenses being higher in a religious setting would be higher because of the scandals coming to light about the pedophile priests in the RC church and the fact that many sex offenders take advantage of the opportunities offered by being in a position of authority and misusing it to obtain sex any way they can.

I guess some people would rather not pay for it even when it's legal--but then the brothels have things like security cameras to keep the employees safe and to use in court if necessary. I guess you just don't get the same kick or feeling of power if you don't get to destroy another person or traumatize a child repeatedly. Now there's a bunch who should be locked up in the general prison population.

Thanks for the link to the article. I guess it shows  we need to not let our guard down because there are always crooks looking for easy marks...go up to take Communion, leave your purse behind, and learn that you can't trust everyone in the building to leave it alone. I'm the suspicious type--I don't leave my purse in a shopping cart, and if we go to a buffet, either one of us stays behind at the table or i take it with me. It's a pain to lug it around, but so is replacing all of your identification and credit cards.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2010 - 12:48PM #4
Karma_yeshe_dorje

karbie:

In your country, a church is a brothel? Frown

Candle

I've dropped my mobile phone in a car park and had it returned by the finder.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2010 - 12:05AM #5
karbie

Are churches in my country brothels? No, although when a pedophile or serial rapist is a priest or minister they still want to have you or your family pay the organization that is screwing you. If it were a brothel, you would be paying for sex, but it would be your choice to be a customer and you would not be expected to support the brothel or the worker by tithing your income or sending your children to their school.

However, I'd imagine the fund raising drives would be a lot more fun even if you couldn't deduct them from your taxes.

Using a church as a cover for pedophiles, rapists, sadists and punishing anyone for not toeing the party or doctrine line is a better illustration of Hell than it is of God. I have far less problems with a legal brothel where the workers are free to leave and free to not allow some acts to be performed on them doesn't bother me. Pimps bother me. Legal brothels help put them out of business and that's fine.

Was I supposed to be upset over your pointing out a typo? you should know by now that what bothers me is people deliberately hurting others, especially children and cloaking it by whatever means society allows.

I think that we both agree that it is neither moral or ethical to try to wipe out another culture and impose your 'superior' one on them--something both of our countries have been guilty of.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 17, 2011 - 8:26PM #6
Karma_yeshe_dorje

Yes, karbie:

Cultural imperialism is a big problem.

I have recently come up against instances of blatant hypocrisy. People in "righteous" organisations want to proclaim themselves as being worthy and nice. Yet their behaviours belie ambition, greed, power-hunger, malice and so on.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook