Page 9 of 16  •  Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Questions & Answers
5 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2009 - 1:51PM #81
rangerken

It has to do with numbers of posts. In other words, it's a guage of participation so you can see who is rather new, and who has been on BNET since the last ice age.

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2009 - 1:55PM #82
Agnosticspirit

Dec 8, 2009 -- 1:38PM, Obzclown wrote:

I am wondering what the Member Levels and points are about; anyone out there know? Tried searching the FAQ's, etc and not getting anywhere. Thanks!

Hi obzclown, welcome to Beliefnet! Here's an entry to a thread in the Beliefnet Knowledgebase that discusses this in a little more detail. I'll also paste an entry from Martha's blog (she's the head honcho of the Communities) below...

Dear Beliefnet members,

You probably noticed something new on your Beliefnet profile. Activity points are here!

Earn Activity Points for doing the things you do every day in Beliefnet Community. Post in your Journal, post on the Forums, join Groups, upload Photos, and more.

As you earn Activity Points, you will notice that you rise in rank. If you want to rise higher, it's easy to earn more points; just keep posting!

The more you post, not only will you have more fun in the community, but you might even find yourself on the Leaderboard, or the Wall of Fame. And watch for special contests where you can earn bonus Activity Points.

Here is the list, showing how many points you can earn:

Points...Activity
  10......Rate Content
  10......Vote on a Poll
  10......Post Comment on a Profile
  10......Post on a Forum
  10......Update your Status
  25......Update Your Profile
  25......Join a Group
  25......Upload a Video
  25......Send Content to a Friend
  50......Start a Forum Thread
100......Upload a Photo
100......Send a Network Invite
100......Add a Journal Post
250......Refer a New Member

(if one of your posts is removed for violating the Rules of Conduct, that is -500 points... so let's not let that happen, okay? ;-)

Here's how many points you need to earn each rank:

0 points: Level 1
100 points: Level 2
1,000 points: Level 3
5,000 points: Level 4
15,000 points: Level 5
50,000 points: Level 6
100,000 points: Level 7
250,000 points: Level 8
500,000 points: Level 9
1,000,000 points: Level 10

That's all there is to it. If you have any questions you can post them here. Now, have fun racking up the points!

Martha

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2009 - 2:03PM #83
Obzclown

Wow!

Thanks, you! 

Blessings!

pam

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2009 - 2:07PM #84
Agnosticspirit

Happy to help, Obzclown.... Being the curious girl I am, I checked your profile... There are a couple forums dedicated to the Bahai faith.... one of my dearest Bnet friends is a very wise and compassionate woman who happens to be Bahai.... You'll find kindred spirits here I'm sure. Smile

---- AS

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2009 - 2:25PM #85
Stardove

When I post today (even before today) the default is going to the last page, instead of the first.  I have my preferences set to view newest post first.

Is any one else having this issue?  I reported to staff Friday, because the same thing was happening.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2009 - 2:28PM #86
Ken

Dec 13, 2009 -- 2:25PM, Stardove wrote:

When I post today (even before today) the default is going to the last page, instead of the first.  I have my preferences set to view newest post first.

Is any one else having this issue?

I've been having it for several days.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2009 - 2:35PM #87
rangerken

This is happening to me also. We'll tell management about it. Tight now it's just an annoyance, but one we shiuld not be having.

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2009 - 2:43PM #88
Agnosticspirit

Hmmm. I always click on the last member who posted in a thread so I see the last posts first, so this issue doesn't run counter to my normal posting behavior anyway.

stardove, nice to see you back we've missed you but understood your time has been taken up by your new grandson.

(((( hugs ))))

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2009 - 3:16PM #89
Stardove

Dec 13, 2009 -- 2:43PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

Hmmm. I always click on the last member who posted in a thread so I see the last posts first, so this issue doesn't run counter to my normal posting behavior anyway.

stardove, nice to see you back we've missed you but understood your time has been taken up by your new grandson.

(((( hugs ))))

Thanks (((((AS))))).  I've read more than I've posted lately.  After getting home from down south the classes, training and testing for new job have me depleted.  I have three classes this coming week. Sealed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm clicking on the last poster's name and the page goes to the last page of a thread instead of last post.  I changed my preferences to view newest post a while back, because of the blank last pages getting to be a hassle (another glitch).  This is also happening from the Beliefnet Forums page.  When I click on the poster's name instead of their post I get to the last page (if more than one page in a thread).

Thanks all.  It's good to know it just not my computer.  Please write staff if you are having this issue.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jan 01, 2010 - 2:40PM #90
Agnosticspirit

Well, I've noticed something else today.... Since it only started TODAY, Jan 1 2010 I dub thee the 2010 Glitch!

Where the end of someone's post will goof up the formatting of threads in a forum. Anyone else noticed that? It's too painful to create a screenshot and upload it to my gallery so I can post a screenshot here in the forums. But it causes a distinct gap either when you look at all available forums in the Discussion Area, or hope into one of the Religious Discussion threads and see a gap in thread titles there.

Get thee on they way, 2010 GLITCH!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 9 of 16  •  Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook