Page 8 of 16  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Questions & Answers
5 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2009 - 6:24AM #71
Aesir

Aug 28, 2009 -- 12:27AM, Stardove wrote:

Get the URL address you want to link.  Type what you want to title the link.  Highlight the title (blue) then click on the chain icon, bottom row above on far left in the posting window.  A window pops up and paste the address into the top line.  For target (2nd line) I like to click on open (click on drop down arrow) in new window (or tab), so members don't leave the forum, but a new tab or window will open.  I also suggest after making the link preview and test link to make sure it is working.

Sometimes there will be a glitch like CLICK HERE....http://www.does not work.  If that happens highlight and unlink by clicking on the second from left icon on bottom, the broken chain icon.  Then start over by removing all but CLICK HERE (your title).

Thanks Stardove. 
Testing it out now.  Yahoo
It was so simple it gave me a waps forehead moment.  Once again thanks Stardove.

You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose free will
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2009 - 10:36AM #72
Stardove

Aug 30, 2009 -- 6:24AM, Aesir wrote:

Aug 28, 2009 -- 12:27AM, Stardove wrote:

Get the URL address you want to link.  Type what you want to title the link.  Highlight the title (blue) then click on the chain icon, bottom row above on far left in the posting window.  A window pops up and paste the address into the top line.  For target (2nd line) I like to click on open (click on drop down arrow) in new window (or tab), so members don't leave the forum, but a new tab or window will open.  I also suggest after making the link preview and test link to make sure it is working.

Sometimes there will be a glitch like CLICK HERE....http://www.does not work.  If that happens highlight and unlink by clicking on the second from left icon on bottom, the broken chain icon.  Then start over by removing all but CLICK HERE (your title).

Thanks Stardove. 
Testing it out now.  Yahoo
It was so simple it gave me a waps forehead moment.  Once again thanks Stardove.

When the student is ready......you did great.  Laughing

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2009 - 12:43PM #73
Agnosticspirit

Aug 27, 2009 -- 5:07PM, Aesir wrote:

The "how to quote" tutorial was most informative.  Thank you all.  I was wondering if one of you could be so kind as to tell me how to change a posted link from a string of gobbledy-gook into readable text?  I used to know how to do it at one time; but to my embarrassment I've long since forgotten how.

Hallo Aesir, glad you found the how to break up a quote, how to quote and how NOT to quote a quote  informative... SmileThat's why we have help threads and the Bnet Knowledgebase open for business... Human solutions to human problems.

Like your screenname. I've always found the Norse myths fascinating.... was in thrall to the Icelandic sagas shortly after LOTR was released.... the BEST trilogy ever captured on film to date.

Oh, welcome to Beliefnet BTW.... Hope to see more of you

--- AS

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2009 - 1:08PM #74
Rickie_lee

AS, I am in complete agreement with you...the LOTR movie trilogy are the very best movies ever.....but, I must confess, I have been reading Tolkien since childhood, and I could not help but notice some changes in the story.  However, the characters came to life, and other than the liberties taken with the storyline, I felt like they were real.  I can't really watch it anymore, I just cry too much.  Rickie

"Live in the moment and enjoy the magick and adventure of life."  Rickie Lee
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2009 - 1:17PM #75
Agnosticspirit

Aug 30, 2009 -- 1:08PM, Rickie_lee wrote:

AS, I am in complete agreement with you...the LOTR movie trilogy are the very best movies ever.....but, I must confess, I have been reading Tolkien since childhood, and I could not help but notice some changes in the story.  However, the characters came to life, and other than the liberties taken with the storyline, I felt like they were real.  I can't really watch it anymore, I just cry too much.  Rickie

Hi Rickie, nice to see you! I read Tolkien years ago -- when the movies came out, I read them all over again.... I was a little disappointed that the screenplay left out Tom Bombadil and even moreso,  the Rangers.... I thought they were the more  intriguing characters... the ancient line of kings.... yet my small disappointment was greatly outweighed by pleasure of the overall adaptation... Peter Jackson's movie was one of the best novel to movie adaptations --- in in some areas, he brought the characters within the book even more to life on film than they were on the pages; all while remaining true to the heart of this story and the hints of the long history behind the present time of Middle Earth was exceedingly well done.

Aragorn was always one of my favorite fictional characters --- casting Viggo in this role was one of the better decisions.... no one else could have portrayed the reluctant king as he did.

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2009 - 1:25PM #76
Rickie_lee

Oh, absolutely.  It was well cast.  and I also agree leaving out Bombadil and the events at the barrow were a disappointment, as they later had a special meaning in the Battle of Minas Tirith.  And one other thing....we did not get to see the lovely story of Eowyn and Faramir falling in love with one another.  Rickie

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 14, 2009 - 1:10PM #77
Stardove

Have you noticed the dark head icon under members' name?

The head icon is back.  Click on the head under a member's name and a pop-up window comes up to let you know what you can do from the icon. 

Message member

Request friendship

See posts by member

Go to profile page

I do hope all the glitches are fixed.  Last time out private groups' posts were also included in posts.

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2009 - 8:26AM #78
Rickie_lee

Stardove, this happened before, and there was an issue of a new group with a new moderator, who did not know she should have made her group private.  She had shared a very personal story with us, and I went off on the management about their practice, and they stopped this.  The privacy policy of bnet clearly states that nothing on bnet is private.  Since they are now linked to twitter, and it was explained to me they are looking to recruit new members, they are subject to feature any forum at all that they want to.  I believe that a non member on twitter could, after clicking that link, have access to any profile or discussion on the group for their view.  So, that is what is going on.  All I know is that a tremendous amount of the old members have left this site, and speak of bnet with much disappointment and dissatisfaction.  Rickie

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Oct 15, 2009 - 1:31PM #79
Stardove

Oct 15, 2009 -- 8:26AM, Rickie_lee wrote:

Stardove, this happened before, and there was an issue of a new group with a new moderator, who did not know she should have made her group private.  She had shared a very personal story with us, and I went off on the management about their practice, and they stopped this.  The privacy policy of bnet clearly states that nothing on bnet is private.  Since they are now linked to twitter, and it was explained to me they are looking to recruit new members, they are subject to feature any forum at all that they want to.  I believe that a non member on twitter could, after clicking that link, have access to any profile or discussion on the group for their view.  So, that is what is going on.  All I know is that a tremendous amount of the old members have left this site, and speak of bnet with much disappointment and dissatisfaction.  Rickie

Staff was made aware of the private group issue.  I just checked my own postings.  I posted in a private group earlier and the post is not available.  This makes me believe that the private group issue has been corrected.

The Internet is one of those places where, if we write something or post anywhere people can usually read what we have written.  There are some exceptions.  I do realize that B'net has lost some members due to the latest changes. 

I do not think the private group posting is an issue with the new icon.  I suggest you check your own posts to see, if any from a private group show up.  If not all is well.  If there is an issue let's get it reported.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Dec 08, 2009 - 1:38PM #80
Obzclown

I am wondering what the Member Levels and points are about; anyone out there know? Tried searching the FAQ's, etc and not getting anywhere. Thanks!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 16  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook