Page 7 of 16  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Questions & Answers
5 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2009 - 8:03PM #61
Ken

Aug 17, 2009 -- 7:47PM, Mlyons619 wrote:

Check it out!  Looks like the avatars are FIXED!

By Jove, they are!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2009 - 1:54PM #62
Stardove

Where did the grey heads go? 

I'm running a scan on my computer, so I am on my husband's new computer currently.  I have to say things are working (or not working) differently on Vista using IE 8.

As soon as my Norton 360 is finished I am writing to staff about the glitches I found on using this computer.

Things I take for granted on XP and Firefox 3 are not working the same as Vista and IE 8.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2009 - 8:02PM #63
Agnosticspirit

Grrr...Bnet giveth and Bnet taketh away.... I haven't been on the board for a few days but it looks like the way to fix the avatars was to take away the little head thingamabob that provided a shortcut to send a message, see a profile or posts made by other members.

I just checked the blog written by one of the Bnet Staff techie dudes....Looks like they disabled this feature because posts made in private groups were also being displayed in results. Not good! I completely support Bnet's decision to disable this shortcut in favor of protecting our member's privacy. 

Will post an update when I know more, or feel free to check out Bparke's blog for yourself at anytime. Bparke's blog is kinda close to the request I've submitted to provide members with an area to lookup existing glitches and obtain a status without some kind of "priests or priestesses" acting as intermediaries. :D

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2009 - 9:09PM #64
Christianlib

Rupert tells us, "quality isn't cheap." 

He's right, but he's trying to focus us on the wrong side of that equation.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2009 - 1:37PM #65
Christianlib

What's the ad that keeps locking up my screen with a "waiting for..." message, giving me nothing but a white screen, and keeping me from navigating within b'net.

If it's an ad, the link is broken.

Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2009 - 5:20PM #66
Agnosticspirit

HI CL..... I don't normally see popup ads..... Using Firefox 2 with popup blocker in place... What browser are you using? Does this waiting for.... prevent access to threads, posts and other areas of Bnet?

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2009 - 7:36PM #67
Christianlib

Aug 25, 2009 -- 5:20PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

HI CL..... I don't normally see popup ads..... Using Firefox 2 with popup blocker in place... What browser are you using? Does this waiting for.... prevent access to threads, posts and other areas of Bnet?

Firefox with popup blocker, and I NEVER actually see an ad or a pop up, just the white screen and b'net header.  I can't go forward, if I hit "back" I go back for an instant, then the darn thing reappears.  I have to leave b'net and come back later. It prevents ANY b'net access, but not leaving  b'net.

That's a great ad tool, one that drives people away from your site. (girn)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2009 - 5:07PM #68
Aesir

The "how to quote" tutorial was most informative.  Thank you all.  I was wondering if one of you could be so kind as to tell me how to change a posted link from a string of gobbledy-gook into readable text?  I used to know how to do it at one time; but to my embarrassment I've long since forgotten how.

You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose free will
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2009 - 12:19AM #69
Stardove

Aug 25, 2009 -- 7:36PM, Christianlib wrote:

Aug 25, 2009 -- 5:20PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

Firefox with popup blocker, and I NEVER actually see an ad or a pop up, just the white screen and b'net header.  I can't go forward, if I hit "back" I go back for an instant, then the darn thing reappears.  I have to leave b'net and come back later. It prevents ANY b'net access, but not leaving  b'net.

That's a great ad tool, one that drives people away from your site. (girn)

CL, have you upgraded to FF 3?  If not you might want to I have XP with FF 3 and don't get pop-up or white pages.

I did notice on Vista with IE 8 (hubby's new computer) the pop-up stopper is a little faster than XP IE 6 or 7 which was slower than Christmas.  Just now I went to check what version and I can't get IE to open.  I believe I did update to the latest browser IE8 and haven't opened since the updates.  Weirdness with IE.

Firefox 3 with Vista (laptop) I did get some pop-ups that were stopped, but none with XP OS.

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2009 - 12:27AM #70
Stardove

Aug 27, 2009 -- 5:07PM, Aesir wrote:

The "how to quote" tutorial was most informative.  Thank you all.  I was wondering if one of you could be so kind as to tell me how to change a posted link from a string of gobbledy-gook into readable text?  I used to know how to do it at one time; but to my embarrassment I've long since forgotten how.

Get the URL address you want to link.  Type what you want to title the link.  Highlight the title (blue) then click on the chain icon, bottom row above on far left in the posting window.  A window pops up and paste the address into the top line.  For target (2nd line) I like to click on open (click on drop down arrow) in new window (or tab), so members don't leave the forum, but a new tab or window will open.  I also suggest after making the link preview and test link to make sure it is working.

Sometimes there will be a glitch like CLICK HERE....http://www.does not work.  If that happens highlight and unlink by clicking on the second from left icon on bottom, the broken chain icon.  Then start over by removing all but CLICK HERE (your title).

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 16  •  Prev 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook