Page 2 of 16  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Questions & Answers
5 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2009 - 9:51AM #11
Agnosticspirit

Thanks, CL ---- I'll post an update to the glitch report I sent yesterday that  the placement of screen names MAY be a Vista thing.... avatar inflation is a cross platform glitch that appears on different versions of Windows. I'll post in the knowledgebase as well, would be curious how this affects MAC users?

P.S. I didn't have to enter a linefeed at the start of a post for my screenname to appear underneath..

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2009 - 9:53AM #12
Christianlib

Well, AS, thanks.  What's frustrating is that things were fine.  I feel like our kind "providers" fixed something that wasn't broken, and in the process, broke it.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2009 - 9:56AM #13
Agnosticspirit

Testing --- CL, this time I pressed the enter key before I started typing. Does my screenname now appear underneath my avatar? In my previous post where I did NOT use a linefeed, is my screen name lost underneath the body of text?

I don't suppose you know how to print screenshots and paste them into a word document, do you? If so, and assuming you have a few minutes to assist with this, would you be willing to upload screenshots with the difference in how posts appear so I can share them with the techie dudes?

Thanks,

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2009 - 10:03AM #14
Christianlib

AS,

Your name STILL appears to the right of your avatar, but you moved the first line of text below it.

In other words, a diff in your post, not in the thread format.

I'll see what I can do about the screen cap.  No promises.  Time IS a bit limited this am.

Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2009 - 10:10AM #15
Christianlib

AS,

I've captured the screen snip.

Send me a PM with an email addy and I'll send it as an attachment.

Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2009 - 10:16AM #16
Agnosticspirit

PM just sent, CL...Thanks for taking the time to capture screenshots, it's appreciated! The additional linefeed idea suggested by religionfree over on the USNP help thread is a great one!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2009 - 11:16AM #17
Christianlib

Thanks, AS.  The names DO appear fixed now, but the avatars are still as screwy as a Bush White House.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2009 - 12:35PM #18
Agnosticspirit

Hi CL.... shortly after I sent your screenshot, Martha got back to me.... BTW, Martha is the community director of Beliefnet..... as such, an extremely CREDIBLE source when it comes to these things.... Looks like it all ties into changes rolled out last week and rolling out today... Here's her response.... posted in the knowledgebase as well.

We are in the process of re-doing the display of user information on posts, to add activity points and a few other things. So you might notice some changes over the next few days while they work on it.

The text alignment seems better to me today. Does it to you?

As far as the pictures go, there are two ways of displaying them. In some places on the network, images are resized to fit the space. In other places, instead of resizing the image (which can sometimes distort it), they just display the center of it. Since most people’s avatars are larger than 85x85, I agree that seeing only the center of it can look goofy sometimes.

I have asked the techs whether this change is required, and if it can be rolled back. I’ll post something in my journal when I find out. Thanks for reporting it.

Martha

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2009 - 1:19PM #19
Ken

How do I change my avatar? The instructions are

First you have to make sure the new photo you want is already uploaded into your gallery. Go to 'My Home.' Next to your picture there will be a button that says "Update/change photos." You'll be taken to a new page. Scroll down to the second box-"Current Photos." Click on the photo you'd like to make your new default picture. Click the button "Make default."

But there's no button next to my picture.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2009 - 1:41PM #20
Agnosticspirit

Aug 4, 2009 -- 1:19PM, Ken wrote:

How do I change my avatar? The instructions are

First you have to make sure the new photo you want is already uploaded into your gallery. Go to 'My Home.' Next to your picture there will be a button that says "Update/change photos." You'll be taken to a new page. Scroll down to the second box-"Current Photos." Click on the photo you'd like to make your new default picture. Click the button "Make default."

But there's no button next to my picture.

Ken, instructions for uploading photos to your gallery are here.....

Once you have it uploaded to your gallery (I checked your profile, lookslike you already uploaded 3) then follow the instructions I pasted below from THIS LINK to change your default image... which has the defacto effect of changing your avatar. Who IS that statue in your avatar, anyway?

Let me know if this works for you...

1. From My Home (located at the top of each forum) -

2. Click on profile on the left hand side of your home page.

3. Change Profile/photo

4. Select photo from your gallery you'd like to use as your new avatar (this is assuming you've already uploaded images to your photo gallery) by clicking on it. You'll see a light blue border around the image you've selected.

5. Press the Select Photo button at the top of this screen.

6. You'll see a dialogue text as I pasted below to confirm your changes.

"Your profile photo and your avatar have been updated with the new image. Please click the button below to return to your home page and see your new profile.
It may take a few minutes for your photo to be changed throughout the network."

7. Press the Home button to return to your home page. Although it says it may take a few minutes to see this change, I saw it immediately.

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 16  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook