Page 12 of 16  •  Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Questions & Answers
4 years ago  ::  Aug 18, 2010 - 8:58PM #111
Christianlib

This is a second major "glitch" in just a couple of weeks.  Is b'net PAYING for the use of this software?  If so, someone is robbing them blind.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2010 - 8:50AM #112
Agnosticspirit

Aug 18, 2010 -- 1:32PM, Merope wrote:

I think we've all noticed by now that the Multiquote, Quote, Edit, Delete, and Report Post buttons on posts are all scrunched together. 

The buttons still work, but you have to be careful when using them to make sure you've positioned your cursor on the button you really want to use.  If you carefully float your cursor under each button, you'll get a written text explanation of what that button is.

This has been reported to the tech and editorial staff.  When we hear anything back, we'll let you know.

I notice slight differences in two different browsers. On Safari, I'm able to hover over the buttons to access Multi-Quote, Quote, Delete, and Report Post. Edit button isn't there. 

On Firefox, I can only access Multi-Quote and Report Post. To quote another poster using the MULTI-QUOTE key, press Multi-Quote, then press Post Reply at the bottom to mimic the Quote feature. 

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2010 - 10:13AM #113
Ken

Aug 19, 2010 -- 8:50AM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

I notice slight differences in two different browsers. On Safari, I'm able to hover over the buttons to access Multi-Quote, Quote, Delete, and Report Post. Edit button isn't there. 

Internet Explorer shows the Edit button as well, but for some reason it functions as a second quote button. Firefox (which I normally prefer to use for Beliefnet) is hopeless.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2010 - 10:17AM #114
Christianlib

At the risk of sounding like a real  curmudgeon, it is not the browsers that are "hopeless", it is the b'net platform.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2010 - 10:34AM #115
Agnosticspirit

Aug 19, 2010 -- 10:13AM, Ken wrote:

Aug 19, 2010 -- 8:50AM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

Internet Explorer shows the Edit button as well, but for some reason it functions as a second quote button. Firefox (which I normally prefer to use for Beliefnet) is hopeless.  

Wow, whodathunk IE would be better in this case? Thanks for chiming in Ken, it's helpful to know how different browsers handle this. Are you able to actually edit your post, or when you click on the edit button does it default to multiquote?

Aug 19, 2010 -- 10:17AM, Christianlib wrote:

At the risk of sounding like a real  curmudgeon, it is not the browsers that are "hopeless", it is the b'net platform.

LOL CL... it makes me a little grouchy too... I can't help but wonder whether One Site even HAS a Quality Assurance staff to test this stuff whenever they roll out new changes?

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2010 - 10:40AM #116
Ken

Aug 19, 2010 -- 10:34AM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

Wow, whodathunk IE would be better in this case? Thanks for chiming in Ken, it's helpful to know how different browsers handle this. Are you able to actually edit your post, or when you click on the edit button does it default to multiquote?

It defaults to quote. I'll show you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2010 - 10:41AM #117
Ken

Aug 19, 2010 -- 10:40AM, Ken wrote:

See? I clicked ED, but instead it quoted my post.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2010 - 10:44AM #118
Agnosticspirit

Aug 19, 2010 -- 10:41AM, Ken wrote:

Aug 19, 2010 -- 10:40AM, Ken wrote:

See? I clicked ED, but instead it quoted my post.

Thank you Ken....  I was hoping that at least one browser would open up the edit button. Grrr.

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2010 - 11:32AM #119
Stardove

I am using Firefox.  What I've noticed is, if I place the pointer on the orange tab I only have three choices.  When I place the pointer just below the orange tabs all the functions are there.

I am grateful for finding this out!

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 19, 2010 - 11:34AM #120
Agnosticspirit

Ooh, that works Stardove thanks for sharing!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 12 of 16  •  Prev 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook