Page 1 of 16  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Questions & Answers
5 years ago  ::  Aug 01, 2009 - 11:19AM #1
Stardove

This thread is for asking questions about Beliefnet, technical questions, or how the Hot Topic Zone is different from other Beliefnet forums.

Do you have a question? 

Do you know the answer? 

Please use this thread for the purpose of questions and answers.

Remember to you can write staff to report glitches, praise or complain about moderators at community@beliefnetstaff.com.  Remember moderators/hosts are all volunteers.  We are not paid for the time we spend with you.

This thread will not be a place to slam or complain about another member or host.  Those type of posts will be removed from this thread.  There are plenty of slamming posts going on at the other threads in this forum.  This is a place for asking question and gathering of information.  Thanks.

Co-Host Hot Topic Zone ~ Stardove

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2009 - 9:24AM #2
Christianlib

Today's formatting glitch?

Messing up avatars and user names in the threads.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2009 - 9:28AM #3
Agnosticspirit

Good morning, CL---- I just logged on and noticed that.....Will report it to the community mailbox Stardove cited in her original post. I wonder if it's related to the wasted space glitch we experienced last week..... that was related to a change made on the platform and rolled back to remove all the wasted space.

I wouldn't be surprised if our larger avatars and usernames buried under text is a consequence of whatever change they were trying to roll out in the first place.

To the HTZ community in general... a lot of How 2 posts have been gathered into the Bnet Knowledgebase Group. Feel free to wander over there to learn how to navigate the halls of Bnet.

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2009 - 9:53AM #4
Christianlib

Thanks, AS.

I WAS crotchety this morning.

My first thought agreed with yours, the glitch is part of the attempted patch of the spacing problem.

Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2009 - 6:10PM #5
Agnosticspirit

Well, it looks like our names have been fixed but our avatars are still goofy... For some reason, whatever change they're rolling out may have increased the size of our avatars.... so only a portion is viewable on the forums.

I'll tried a couple things in an attempt to trigger a change....Went to my profile, selected another avatar... Still oversized image, so only a portion appears. Then I went to my photo gallery and uploaded the image again..... and changed the default photo for avatar to the newly uploaded image.... no dice.

My poor little half kitty is still a half kitty....

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2009 - 7:19PM #6
Christianlib

Nope. Names not fixed either.

Hey, b'net, find a teenager, they can do this computer stuff.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 03, 2009 - 8:37PM #7
Stardove

The issue of names being over first words in a post are no better than when I went to town earlier in the day.  No word from staff about a fix.  Frown

Teenagers do have an advantage over us older folks when it comes to computers...speaking only for myself.  I like those senior discounts.

Edit:  B'net must have gotten some teenagers on the issue.  It's fixed and I believe the avatars are a little larger.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2009 - 8:37AM #8
Christianlib

Aug 3, 2009 -- 8:37PM, Stardove wrote:

The issue of names being over first words in a post are no better than when I went to town earlier in the day.  No word from staff about a fix. 

Teenagers do have an advantage over us older folks when it comes to computers...speaking only for myself.  I like those senior discounts.

Edit:  B'net must have gotten some teenagers on the issue.  It's fixed and I believe the avatars are a little larger.

Sorry, Star. Not fixed here.  Either in Firefox OR IE.

I was only half joking about the teens.  My consulting firm found that I could hire teen's for $10 an hour to do Web work, and they'd do better work than $100 an hour "professionals."

They CERTAINLY knew more than I knew.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2009 - 9:24AM #9
Agnosticspirit

Hi CL what version of browser and OS are you using? I'm using FF 2 with Win2K --- yesterday morning, I noticed screen names were difficult to see because they appeared to the RIGHT of our avatars and got buried under the body of text within a post... At the time I posted yesterday, I noticed they had reverted back to appearing under our avatars. Are you seeing this differently?

Avatars are still whacked... My kittie is still chomped in half and all I can see of the Tuppence puppy in your avatar is her shoulder.

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 04, 2009 - 9:38AM #10
Christianlib

AS,

I'm running Vista.  IE is the latest version, per updates from Microsoft, though I seldom use it, preferring the ease and security of Firefox.  I am running Firefox 3.0.12.

The avatars are inflated, shifted and cropped, like you said, and the names still appear to the right of the avatar, and under the first line of the post if line feeds are not entered when writing.

Peace

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 16  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook