Page 6 of 16  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Questions & Answers
5 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2009 - 9:33PM #51
Stardove

If quoting a small portion from a member I will said AS said:.....then quote.

Or I will link the source I am quoting.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2009 - 9:35PM #52
Ken

Aug 13, 2009 -- 9:11PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

Quoting portions of a nested quote are a challenge.... I haven't yet figured out how I would convey this, other than working from the outside toward the inside.

That wouldn't be too bad if we could see the names. Now that we have those strings of numbers I rarely attempt it.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2009 - 9:35PM #53
Stardove

Aug 13, 2009 -- 9:34PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

1. testing Stardove's simpler method. First portion.

response 1

2. second portion.

response 2

3. third portion.

response 3

Was that so much fun you did it again?

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2009 - 9:38PM #54
Agnosticspirit

Aug 13, 2009 -- 9:35PM, Ken wrote:

Aug 13, 2009 -- 9:11PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

Quoting portions of a nested quote are a challenge.... I haven't yet figured out how I would convey this, other than working from the outside toward the inside.

That wouldn't be too bad if we could see the names. Now that we have those strings of numbers I rarely attempt it.

AS long as you work from inner to outer, it works  ---- but ignore my previous instructions, the simple [ quote] [ /quote] works.... odd, I had tried that before but it didn't... or maybe I opted out of it because I wanted to be able to include poster names in the portions I'm responding to...

I make things too complicated sometimes, Stardove got it right. :)

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2009 - 9:40PM #55
Agnosticspirit

Aug 13, 2009 -- 9:35PM, Stardove wrote:

Aug 13, 2009 -- 9:34PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

1. testing Stardove's simpler method. First portion.

response 1

2. second portion.

response 2

3. third portion.

response 3

Was that so much fun you did it again?

LOL, it's the QUOTE wars! You quoted me before I had the chance to delete this... Now I've deleted it, so who are you quoting exactly? :) I was conducting an experiment.... to see if there's a way to include screennames in a quote....

so I typed in [ quote=agnosticspirit], tried [ quote="agnosticspirit"] but obviously that didn't work. Grrr.... We're NAMES, not numbers!

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2009 - 9:42PM #56
Agnosticspirit

OK, will this work? checking - nope, it didn't... no indication I was quoting Ken.

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2009 - 9:46PM #57
Stardove

Aug 13, 2009 -- 9:42PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

OK, will this work? checking

Yes, it's working.  If you are quoting a member you can always say so and then use the quotes.  Or after the first quote using our numbers you could just use the quotes only to break up the quote.  If anyone can understand this message they are good.

WE ARE NOT NUMBERS!!! Sealed

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 13, 2009 - 9:50PM #58
Agnosticspirit

SD I'll do it your way from now on, attributing the first quote to whoever I'm quoting.... Done for the day, have a good night all!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 14, 2009 - 3:50AM #59
Merope

Aug 13, 2009 -- 11:07AM, Ken wrote:

When are they going to fix the avatars?

I'm not sure they will; but if they do, Martha will post about it on her blog.  FYI, the change in avatars on the forums and in groups was precipitated by the addition of the clickable person icon.

Here's the deal on the avatars:  In some places on the site, images are resized to fit the space; while this method displays the whole image, it can also distort the image if the image was not square to begin with.  In other places on the site, images are not resized; when this happens, only the center of the image is displayed if the avatar is larger than 85 x 85 (pixels).

Thus, for optimal avatar appearance on the forums and groups, a square avatar no larger than 85 x 85 is best.  Those dimensions are not required, by any means; but if you choose an avatar with those dimensions, your avatar won't appear distorted on the forums and the groups.

Failing that, members can resize their existing avatars to make them square.  Depending on the content and dimensions of the chosen avatar, distortion may be slim to none.  For example, my avatar -- as she appears on my profile page -- is 163 x 163 pixels.  As she appears on the forums and the groups, she's 85 x 85 pixels.  So she loses a little in totality of image displayed on forums and groups, but she's not distorted.

Merope
Beliefnet Community Host
Hot Topics Zone

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Aug 17, 2009 - 7:47PM #60
Mlyons619

Check it out!  Looks like the avatars are FIXED!

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 16  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook