Post Reply
Page 14 of 16  •  Prev 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: Questions & Answers
4 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2010 - 8:05PM #131
Christianlib
Posts: 21,848

Yeah, it started to look workable about mid-afternoon on Firefox.


Thanks to you, Merope, Ken, and all who fought the good fight for us.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2010 - 8:15PM #132
Agnosticspirit
Posts: 9,244

Aug 30, 2010 -- 8:05PM, Christianlib wrote:


Yeah, it started to look workable about mid-afternoon on Firefox.


Thanks to you, Merope, Ken, and all who fought the good fight for us.



Awesome CL, glad to hear the buttons are back on your PC with Firefox. Yay! I suspect Merope probably spent thankless time on hold with technical support... Smile

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

 Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2010 - 8:19PM #133
Christianlib
Posts: 21,848

Aug 30, 2010 -- 8:15PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:


Aug 30, 2010 -- 8:05PM, Christianlib wrote:


Yeah, it started to look workable about mid-afternoon on Firefox.


Thanks to you, Merope, Ken, and all who fought the good fight for us.



Awesome CL, glad to hear the buttons are back on your PC with Firefox. Yay! I suspect Merope probably spent thankless time on hold with technical support... Smile





 


Well, WE'LL just have to thank Merope, then.


Merope, have a VRF on me.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2010 - 8:22PM #134
Agnosticspirit
Posts: 9,244

I wonder what their hold music is like? I hope she was able to listen to something decent at least. :) If Merope was forced to listen to Muzak, better pour some kaluha or something a little more....er.... fortifying in that VRF. Incidentally, what goes well with VRF? 

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

 Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Aug 31, 2010 - 9:36AM #135
Christianlib
Posts: 21,848

What, for me, goes best with VRF is the classic Vietnamese soup, Pho'.


Of course, FIRST the Pho', then the VRF for desert.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2010 - 10:42AM #136
Merope
Posts: 10,589

Aug 30, 2010 -- 8:19PM, Christianlib wrote:


Aug 30, 2010 -- 8:15PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:


Aug 30, 2010 -- 8:05PM, Christianlib wrote:


Yeah, it started to look workable about mid-afternoon on Firefox.


Thanks to you, Merope, Ken, and all who fought the good fight for us.



Awesome CL, glad to hear the buttons are back on your PC with Firefox. Yay! I suspect Merope probably spent thankless time on hold with technical support... 



Well, WE'LL just have to thank Merope, then.


Merope, have a VRF on me.



Our pleasure, AS et al. Cool  And thank you for the VRF, CL Kiss  The bill is in the mail Innocent


Didn't spend time on the phone this time around (but when I do, they don't put me on hold :-); I was just an email pest (think 'bombardment' :-) 


Signed,
Merope the Pest

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2010 - 11:05AM #137
Christianlib
Posts: 21,848

Don't be too much of a pest, Merope.   They'll mistake you for CL.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2011 - 12:24AM #138
Doohickie
Posts: 250

What happened to Beliefnet?  It used to be so active and vital, now there are only about a dozen threads with activity in the last day.



Apparently I'm not the only one who thought the forum was ruined when they rolled out the new software several years ago.  Looks like it never got back to the forum it once was.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 06, 2011 - 11:54AM #139
Paravani
Posts: 798

Hi, All!  (Or is that, "Hi, the few of you all who are left"?)


Jun 2, 2011 -- 12:24AM, Doohickie wrote:

What happened to Beliefnet?  It used to be so active and vital, now there are only about a dozen threads with activity in the last day.


Apparently I'm not the only one who thought the forum was ruined when they rolled out the new software several years ago.  Looks like it never got back to the forum it once was.



As with so much else in Amerika nowadays, Beliefnet has been spoiled by becoming a strictly money-makng concern.  The advertisers (with their dollars) are more important here than the posters (who actually contribute their time and ideas and keep Bnet alive). 


Bnet has been allowing processor-intensive advertisements to interrupt users' posts, which in many cases has caused posts to evaporate and computers to crash.  Not all computers used by posters are top-of-the-line, with fast enough processors and loaded with enough memory to easily handle the bloated advertisements...  so users are giving up in frustration.


Me, I just get so irritated I leave.  I've already spent enough time here reading and writing that I don't appreciate more of it being wasted on ads that are completely irrelevant to my life, which cannot be closed immediately, and which re-open again and again with every new thread in spite of being repeatedly closed.


So I'm gone...  and so is nearly everyone else who has something even slightly more important to do with their lives.


Bye, Bnet.


-- Claudia

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 06, 2011 - 8:15PM #140
Doohickie
Posts: 250

Amen, sister.  BNet was the first online community I participated in.  On the old forum board I was one of the top 50 posters (when they did the t-shirt showing the top 50 names).  This place kind of sucks now.  I complained when they changed over to this new and very terrible format, but the complaints fell on deaf ears.  I shook the dust off my feet and moved on.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 14 of 16  •  Prev 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook