Page 5 of 62  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 62 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Michael Jackson Dies
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 11:46AM #41
pattieanne51

The man is gone and I think it is not the time to be judging him but to now let him rest in peace. What went on during his time on earth is not for us to judge but that of our Lord and maker for He is the judge over us all. My condolences and prayers now go out to all his loved ones, may God be with them all in the days and weeks to come.

Remember God is the judge over us all!

Blessings, Pattieanne51

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 12:01PM #42
rabello

Well, if the weeping fans will allow us to do that....I suspect we'll be hearing about Michael Jackson "sightings" for the next 100 years.   The 24 hr cable news channels have been pretty much all Michael/all the time, running on 18 hrs now, pushing anybody else who's died, like people in Iraq, Afghansitan, Pakistan, Iran, America right off the news.   Kind of hard to overlook some of the controversies in the face of that.

At any rate, his dangling his baby by one arm (the baby's one arm, that is) over a highrise balconey was pretty much the last straw, and I am forever glad he was not allowed to buy the remains of the Elephant Man.  I fully expected him to be allowed to get away with that. way back when.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 1:53PM #43
Bevo

When the news reported they found Michael not breathing, I figured it was because his nose finally fell off.  Maybe they'll auction it off on eBay.

Whack-o-Jack-o.  I mean, I'm sorry he's dead.  But he was one odd-duck.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 2:22PM #44
Cesmom

He was an odd duck, but I have to admire anyone who is extremely talented at whatever they do.  He was an incredibly talented entertainer.  I find music to be a very powerful artfrom...it can improve your mood, help you through an emotional situation, send a message to someone that you can't find the words to send.  I've never been musically inclined myself...I wouldn't subject my worst enemy to having to listen to me sing!  Tongue out  Maybe that's wy I have so much admiration for people who can...and he didn't just sing...he had a unique way of entertaining people with his music and dance moves that made him a very rich & famous man.  It's too bad he had such turmoil in his life, self-created or not.  It's also too bad he obviously didn't know how to handle the money...since I hear he died about 400 million in debt.

Our need to learn should always outweigh our need to be right

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 2:38PM #45
Pfred

The moon walk was amazing.

I remember trying so hard to do it, but failing miserably.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 2:40PM #46
Stardove

I've been wondering what will happen to Jackson's three children.  Here is one article about this issue.

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31564994/ns/parenti...

***http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31564994/ns/parenting_and_family/****

Links have been messing up, so URL above just in case.

Michael's children below.  IMO if Jackson were guilty of abusing children then his own would have been the easiest victims.  With time the truth will come out.  Michael is said to have been a devoted dad.

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 3:38PM #47
Boethius

Let us rather mourn for those mostly unnamed souls who lost their lives bravely defying the Islamic dicatatorship in Iran than a self-indulgent pop star

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 4:03PM #48
jane2

I just read on a Google News report that Jackson may well have died from an overdose of Demerol to which he was addicted. Apparently he was also addicted to Oxycotin. If the story is accurate the pieces are falling into place.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 4:28PM #49
Svetlana

Jun 26, 2009 -- 3:38PM, Boethius wrote:

Let us rather mourn for those mostly unnamed souls who lost their lives bravely defying the Islamic dicatatorship in Iran than a self-indulgent pop star

Change the "rather" to "also", and include those who have lost their lives to illness, accident, or in any other way.  ALL deaths are sad, if not tragic, and ALL souls deserve to be mourned, even rich rock stars.

"The evil that men do lives after them,
The good is oft interred with their bones;"

~ Marcus Antonius, in Julius Caesar, by Shakespeare

Every human is flawed.  Give the endless condemnation a rest, and remember and pray for all grieving families and friends.

"No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it."  ~ (common sense)

"Never place a period where God has placed a comma."  ~ Gracie Allen

"I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"I wonder sometimes if we ever give God a headache." ~ Dontay Hall, age 8
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 6:14PM #50
rabello

Jun 26, 2009 -- 3:38PM, Boethius wrote:

Let us also mourn for all those Iraqi dead and permanently injured because of us, more than 200 dead in just this week alone, and in the hundreds of thousands, if not a million+, by now.

Let us also mourn for all those civilians killed in Afghanistan and Pakistan, by American drones, and let us also mourn for those Muslims who died from the harsh treatment they received from their American captors, in our Gitmos.

IMO, Americans haven't even begun to mourn those unnecessary deaths yet, and it's going on more than 7 years now. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 62  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 62 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook