Page 3 of 62  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 62 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Michael Jackson Dies
5 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2009 - 8:48PM #21
puzzleman

He was pretty cool when he sang for the Jackson 5, got a little weird as he got older though.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2009 - 8:53PM #22
Edensway

I love you, Michael. 

I know you are with the Lord now, and you are well.

Praise God.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2009 - 9:17PM #23
Justme333

I just hope this man is now at peace, cause it certainly did not appear that he had much peace when he was alive.  I think the man/boy was a musical genius, but lived a tormented life.

Justme

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."  Will Rogers

"Give to those who ask, and don't turn away from those who want to borrow."  Matthew 5:42

"Charity is no substitute for justice withheld."         St. Augustine

"Your love for God is only as great as the love you have for the person you love least."  Dorothy Day

"If you want peace, work for justice." Pope Paul VI
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2009 - 11:00PM #24
Markforever

All life is sacred, and the fall of this music superstar should lead us to pause in prayer:

O God of the universe, your Word says that you know your own.  No human can take from you what you have claimed.  I do not presume to know the spiritual state of the music superstar Michael Jackson who has just died this afternoon, whom many in the world loved.  O Lord, so much talent was given to Michael as a young man.  And the world acclaimed him.  We pray that he rest in peace.  It seems that in his earthly life, that he loved the glory he got from the world, and if he could have some of your glory, I suspect he would have reached for that too.  But I do not judge, O loving Father of all your creation including Michael.  He was but mortal, and a music superstar has fallen in our midst!  O God, comfort all who grieve.  Remind us of our mortality and to use our talents and time on this earth to love and to create things that glorify You and your kingdom, caring for all the children of your kingdom.  Amen.
This was also posted on the Globalprayingservants.org Prayer Forum this evening.
Markforever

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 25, 2009 - 11:10PM #25
Bucky143

OMG I am in shock he was so you and talented.

I want to remember you for all the good things you have done and never look back at the horrible scandles! You were such an awesome, wonderful and talented man that could make a person sing, dance and make you happy! Your light will never go out, you shine like the brightest star in the heavens...Shine on Michael, Shine on!

Until we meet again, you were amazing Michael!

Love and Peace

and may your Higher Power Give you the wings to fly your spirit on its new journey!

Always and Forever

~*~Kate~*~

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 6:07AM #26
Ebon

I was never a big fan of his style of music but I can only hope he finds the peace that obviously eluded him in life.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 7:59AM #27
Tmarie64

Jun 25, 2009 -- 7:53PM, Mlyons619 wrote:

How do you KNOW nobody else can get into the ER?

DUH!  Because they SAID SO.  Did you not go to the link I provided?  Did you not read the quoted snippet?  Open your eyes, clean your glasses, it's right there in black and white.

Ignore the scandals?  Kate, you sound like the bishops of the Catholic church!

James Thurber - "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers."
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 9:04AM #28
Svetlana

Jun 26, 2009 -- 7:59AM, Tmarie64 wrote:

Jun 25, 2009 -- 7:53PM, Mlyons619 wrote:

How do you KNOW nobody else can get into the ER?

DUH!  Because they SAID SO.  Did you not go to the link I provided?  Did you not read the quoted snippet?  Open your eyes, clean your glasses, it's right there in black and white.

Ignore the scandals?  Kate, you sound like the bishops of the Catholic church!

And given that this was the only hospital in LA, many emergency victims must have died.  Oh, for Pete's sake!  Don't be absurd!  When we lived in the LA area, my daughter fell face first off of playground equipment and bit all the way through her lip.  Her face and shirt were covered in blood.  We had to go to THREE emergency centers, because all of them were so busy.  My daughter's case was not that critical, but she clearly needed medical attention ASAP, and we were taken care of.  Whether the doors of that hospital were barred, or the halls were lined with the victims of one huge car accident (as they were in one of the hospitals I went to with my daughter), emergency care is available SOMEwhere in the LA area.  How much care could be given to genuine emergency victims in MJ's case, if the halls were blocked by curiosity seekers and paparazzi?

As to the scandals, you're certainly right that being cleared of charges, however completely, does not necessarily equate with innocence.  However, charges filed do not necessarily equate with guilt, as you are claiming.  Whether he did anything at all to those kids, he is facing a judge who knows exactly what happened, and he is enduring whatever consequences that perfect judge deems appropriate. 

You've always struck me as reasonable, TMarie, don't let your hatred of MJ cloud that reason.

"No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it."  ~ (common sense)

"Never place a period where God has placed a comma."  ~ Gracie Allen

"I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"I wonder sometimes if we ever give God a headache." ~ Dontay Hall, age 8
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 9:11AM #29
REteach

Jun 26, 2009 -- 6:07AM, Ebon wrote:

I was never a big fan of his style of music but I can only hope he finds the peace that obviously eluded him in life.

Me, too.  There was one seriously damaged human.  I hope he finally knows, and likes, who he is.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard was not what I meant...
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 9:47AM #30
Marcion

Jun 25, 2009 -- 7:46PM, Tmarie64 wrote:

Not genius enough to cause seriously ill people to die or be further harmed because they COULD NOT GET INTO THE DAMN E.R.

He wasn't a head of state, a religious leader, an ambassador.... he was an unhappy, twisted individual who could sing.

His pedophilia is a whole 'nother thread.  Not being convicted does not equate innocence.....

I agree that not being convicted does not equate to innocence, We already have one high profile case of an acquitted murderer i.e. OJ.

I guess it is OK to be a pedophile as long as you are a rock star - or a catholic priest.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 62  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 62 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook