Page 6 of 62  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 62 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Michael Jackson Dies
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 6:54PM #51
whirlinggal

Jun 26, 2009 -- 11:08AM, Maya3 wrote:

thats true.

But if your child was molested, would  you accept a settlement from the molester?

or would you want that person to be in jail so that he couldn't do it to someone else?

Maya

Those are two different situations--

A settlement judgment(money) would be handed down in a CIVIL lawsuit-

while a prison sentence would be handed down in a CRIMINAL case.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 9:45PM #52
karbie

Michael Jackson's childhood ended at the age of 3 when his father added him into the singing group with his older brothers. He lost his father--because he wasn't allowed to call him that any more. He spent a lot of his adult life trying to get back what he'd lost--and people like Elizabeth Taylor understood that side of him because she'd been there.

I remember watching him on stage as a child, and the way his desire to please and have the audience  love him was so strong he would literally be trembling with it. When I saw those same performances after learning the kids were going to be beaten if they made a mistake--ESPECIALLY Michael--and what I had thought was trembling with eagerness had another, darker layer. The audience HAD to love him so he'd be safe off the stage.

Yeah, his sleeping with children was strange, but it had to beat sharing a bed with one of his older brothers on the road and trying to block out the fact his brother was having sex with a fan in the same bed. I really don't think his reasons were sexual. Neverland-home of Peter Pan--the boy who never grew up--and of Michael Jackson, the man who wanted to have the childhood and boyhood he'd been denied by his father and his talent. Think of how magical children are--you can be in a waiting room of grumpy people--add a cute baby/toddler/young child and watch everyone smile and the room warm up. He never thought about how it looked  because he had no concept of what "normal" was.

I wish he'd stopped changing his appearance at how he looked when Thriller came out--I still think that was his best look at any time. He grew up being tormented about how big his nose was growing up, but at least he still had one. The excessive plastic surgery was the beginning of being considered a freak. It was sure a sign he needed help instead of relentless pursuit by photographers, tabloids around the world, etc.

I'm sorry that he's gone. The best part of him-his talent and willingness to help people will still be with us. Ten years from now the tabloids will still be making money from him just like they are still exploiting Princess Diana. This has been a tragic loss for those who loved him, but at least he is now beyond the relentless hounding of the latter part of his life. he finally got to have the children he'd wanted for so long. I understand him not having their faces shown--why do anything to put them in any greater jeopardy than just being his kids?

His musical influence on other artists will continue far past his lifetime. Years ago when someone asked Fred Astaire if there was any dancer he respected among the newer artists and he named Michael right away--he said that he was an enormous talent and his dedication was as impressive as his moves were. It seemed to surprise the writer--and this was far before the moonwalk--about the time of his performance in The Wiz.

"You are letting your opinion be colored by facts again."
'When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you."
these are both from my father.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 10:01PM #53
Taebofreak

MJ was a great entertainer however, his life lately has been plagued with contraversy. I was a fan of his until he was accused of child molestation a second time. I honestly don't know if ever did molest children however, he sure did invite the accusations. If he did, he's already answered to God.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 10:28PM #54
Mlyons619

Damned inconsiderate of MJ to die before his promoters could get a return on their investments for his upcoming comeback tour...

Massive headache for Jackson promoters

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 11:21PM #55
Latinbeat

EVERYBODY!!!! stop being so cruel and just say a prayer for him so he can rest in peace!

He had a soul and a very sad life....who are we to judge?  RIP Michael!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 11:23PM #56
jane2

Michael Jackson was a blip on a screen for me and millions of others. He probably died of a drug overdose. Slow news week, but not really.

I don't understand the hoopla--he wasn't Pavorotti or Princess Diana.

Simply I cannot connect with the hype. Somehow I think all the news and discussion is a donation to black culture, which tends to explode its influence. I loved Louis Armstong because I loved his music. He was unigue. For me Michael Jacskson was no icon. No one in my family over generations ever bought into Michael Jackson.

I was way to oldto listen to Jackson and actually so were my kids: they listnened to the Eagles, Dylan and even Peter, Paul and Mary.

Michael Jackson was a sorta phenom, a weirdo and an junkie. Why anyone is so tied up in his death--probably by drugs is beyond me.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 26, 2009 - 11:47PM #57
Latinbeat

May God soften your hart Jane.....

Jun 26, 2009 -- 11:23PM, jane2 wrote:

Michael Jackson was a blip on a screen for me and millions of others. He probably died of a drug overdose. Slow news week, but not really.

Simply I cannot connect with the hype. Somehow I think all the news and discussion is a donation to black culture, which tends to explode its influence. I loved Louis Armstong because I loved his music. He was unigue. For me Michael Jacskson was no icon. No one in my family over generations ever bought into Michael Jackson.

I was way to oldto listen to Jackson and actually so were my kids: they listnened to the Eagles, Dylan and even Peter, Paul and Mary.

Michael Jackson was a sorta phenom, a weirdo and an junkie. Why anyone is so tied up in his death--probably by drugs is beyond me.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2009 - 12:42AM #58
jane2

Jun 26, 2009 -- 11:48PM, Latinbeat wrote:

May God soften your "heart" Jane.....

Jun 26, 2009 -- 11:23PM, jane2 wrote:

Why over an overrated "pop" star who did drugs, etc.?  I don't think so. But then again John Kennedy, President of the country was murdered in Dallas on my 24th birthday. That was true tragedy for me. I also remeber the the murder of Martin Luther King, Jr in Memphis in 1968 and the murder of Bobby Kennedy that same year in Los Angeles.

Michael Jackson was a no-where man.

For those who choose to mourn him, fine. Not on my radar.

I was sad when Ed McMahon died recently but I will alwys remember him with joy and that's enough. I remember Johnny Carson with joy, too. Different generation, different joys.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2009 - 3:13AM #59
whirlinggal

"Michael Jackson's childhood ended at the age of 3 when his father added him into the singing group with his older brothers. He lost his father--because he wasn't allowed to call him that any more. He spent a lot of his adult life trying to get back what he'd lost--and people like Elizabeth Taylor understood that side of him because she'd been there"

Apparently Michael's father beat the boys if they made mistakes. He would stand offstage and hold his belt in his hand and wait for them...

Also he was verbally/emotionally abusive. A childhood like that would scar just about anyone.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 27, 2009 - 10:26AM #60
Angelsmammi

I will admit I do love some of his music. However I am a survivor of sexual abuse, and I dont like it when children arent believed when they accuse someone of sexual abuse. I lost all respect for Michael after he had so many accusations of sexual abuse. So I think I am just glad that another kid wont have the chance to accuse him and not be believed.....

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 62  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 62 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook