Page 5 of 131  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 131 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Banning the Burqua in France - Is Sarkozy going too far?
5 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2009 - 11:15AM #41
LeahOne

After reading this discussion, I must say I'm shocked to find that Ken is a BIGOT.

That's right, he's an anti-felafel BIGOT!  Felafel  (two fried smashed chickpea patties, special sauce, lettuce, tomato, NO pickles, onion on a sesame-seed pita) is the fast food of the Levant : ))  

I've got one word for you, Ken, about your culinary bigoted statement that 'if the Itlaians don't do it, it's not worth eating' (or some such)

And the word is..............................................

BAKLAVA!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2009 - 11:16AM #42
Agnosticspirit

Jun 23, 2009 -- 5:57AM, Adelphe wrote:

Before I reply, AS, can you tell me how to use it?

In the text box right now I see [ quote author = xxxxx post = xxxx ] which seems (I say seems) to be closed with [ / quote]

Is that all it takes, again?  [ quote ] and [ / quote ] to set off text?

Yep... that's basically it, Adelphe ----- the [ quote author ..... ] IS followed by an end quote [ / quote ] --- of course, for the purposes of this instruction, both you and I deliberately placed spaces before and after the opening/closing brackets [ ] ---

I do wish the username instead of these meaningless numbers appeared, because sometimes the posts appear to quote someone OTHER.... but once you get used to the nesting.... and that the last person responding within a series of quotes is on the OUTSIDE working in, it's a little easier to manage.

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2009 - 11:28AM #43
Ken

Jun 23, 2009 -- 1:57AM, Ebon wrote:

Jun 23, 2009 -- 1:47AM, Ken wrote:

But what have they done since the Middle Ages?

Won at least eight Nobel prizes.

Switzerland has won more Nobel prizes than the entire Muslim world.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2009 - 11:47AM #44
Adelphe

Trying it,

Yep... that's basically it, Adelphe ----- the [ quote author ..... ] IS followed by an end quote [ / quote ] --- of course, for the purposes of this instruction, both you and I deliberately placed spaces before and after the opening/closing brackets [ ] ---

Let's see...

I do wish the username instead of these meaningless numbers appeared, because sometimes the posts appear to quote someone OTHER.... but once you get used to the nesting.... and that the last person responding within a series of quotes is on the OUTSIDE working in, it's a little easier to manage.

Did it work?

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2009 - 11:47AM #45
Adelphe

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, AS.  Smile

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2009 - 11:56AM #46
Agnosticspirit

Jun 23, 2009 -- 11:12AM, Ebon wrote:

Jun 23, 2009 -- 10:52AM, docwitchy wrote:

Compare those eight Nobel prizes to the dozens won by Israelis and scores won by Jews! Islam in too many places is anti innovation, anti progress, anti science, anti womens' rights, and anti freedom of expression which is why many of us Muslims are trying our best to change it and bring it into the twenty-first century.

And many of us, including myself, will wish you the very best of luck in those efforts.

Ditto..... The older siblings of the Abrahamic faiths had their reformation.....  Islam will at some point have its own.... Just as tension exists between conventional and liberal Christians exist, so it does between conventional Muslims and progressives. The women of Islam will be the likeliest catalyst of this sea of change.

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2009 - 11:58AM #47
Agnosticspirit

Jun 23, 2009 -- 11:47AM, Adelphe wrote:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, AS. 

Cool! I've been meaning to write up something on how to do this and submit it to the Bnet Knowledgebase, but I've procrastinated. grrr.....

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2009 - 2:28PM #48
shirleyj227

(((Ken))) LOL You are no longer allowed to have personal taste it shows prejudice.Surprised

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2009 - 2:38PM #49
shirleyj227

Jun 22, 2009 -- 3:42PM, Wampy wrote:

Simply because a muslim woman accepts being mistreated and discriminated against on the basis of religion does not make it right or legal in broader society.  If she does not wear the veil, she is beaten.  That is clearly illegal.  That she may accept the beating as a religiously righteous punishment, does not make it any more legal.  Thus they make the outward symbol illegal.  On this basis, IS it a encroachment of religious freedoms?  It is not an issue of it being a symbol of religion, like a crescent or a cross or a star.  It is an issue of being a tool of oppression, civil rights violations, or slavery of a sort. 

Just because a victim accepts or "voluntarily" accedes to illegal abuse, does not make the abuse legal.

Very well said. Smile

Shirley

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2009 - 3:05PM #50
Ken

Jun 23, 2009 -- 11:15AM, LeahOne wrote:

That's right, he's an anti-felafel BIGOT!  Felafel  (two fried smashed chickpea patties, special sauce, lettuce, tomato, NO pickles, onion on a sesame-seed pita) is the fast food of the Levant : )) 

It would be.  

I've got one word for you, Ken, about your culinary bigoted statement that 'if the Itlaians don't do it, it's not worth eating' (or some such)

And the word is..............................................

BAKLAVA!

Baklava is all right if you can't get something with lots of cream and chocolate.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 131  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 131 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook