Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View John McCain Should Retire
5 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2009 - 2:43PM #21
Susanneyes21

I hope you know I was speaking about Sen McCains Committee. Duh!

That is what I stated. That does not make him unfit to remain in the Senate. As a matter of fact he has proved by his actions and service he is more than qualified moreso than 70% of the men and women elected and serving today!

I agree Gov Palin, in my opinion was not the right running mate. That still does not make Sen McCain a candidate for retirement! You play cards, and can control the outcome but not what is dealt. If you make a decision to play instead of fold you have to have a poker face and convince opponents you are holding a sure win. McCain had to face the poor decision and follow through with his campaign as if he was holding the winning hand. That is politics.

Are you telling me President Obama should not be President because of all the "dirty political contacts" he associated with? That in itself shows poor judgement and inexperience. However, he played his cards and won. He is our President and I support him. 

Sen McCain is qualified and active and more involved helping to keep this Country safe and corrupt free. He is wide awake my friends and is a powerful source of influence and experience and information than pretty much most of the Senators and Congress combined. Do not underestimate his stamina and keen insight  in Politics. He is someone who has set a exceptional example for our youth and our Country. He is dignified and well read. Again, he deserves to be re-elected so he can continue to help this Country and protect all of our rights. His influence stretches beyond AZ and he helps everyone in every State with his influence and experience and excellent record. That is a concern all of us need to have. We need to keep Political leaders in office that are an asset and represent the voices of America. Sen McCain is Our Representation!

Why not go after the dogs in politics, much like Chicago Ill and the corruption that has been going on there belching out crooked political leaders and polluting our streets with their bile.?

No more comments from me need to be made on this subject. Facts are facts. See ya in the funny papers!Kiss

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2009 - 2:53PM #22
Christianlib

That is what I stated. That does not make him unfit to remain in the Senate. As a matter of fact he has proven by his actions and service he is more than qualified moreso than 70% of the men and women elected and serving today!

First of all, I think your statement falls within the realm of "43% of all statistics are made up on the spot."

Second, having ONCE been qualified does not make the man CURRENTLY capable.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2009 - 3:13PM #23
Susanneyes21

I respect your opinion even as wrong as it is. Currently look at what Sen McCain recently has done in the Senate THIS PAST 4 MONTHS. He has with no doubt helped pass many needed bills and has a strong voice on those that have added so much bile of pork. His record is current and you can log on to find it at AZ.gov/SenMCain.

Maybe we should campaign for more guys like ex-Gov Blogovich? Corruption in Politics is no new news. It has and will always be there. One among many like Sen McCain set standards to live by and work for. He has "Clean Hands" how many can claim that? Age is defined by those who oppose it, not those who live it. I hope when I am his age I have 1/2 of his vibrance, clarity, fair play and moral values. Why not want someone who has that much experience and offers so much to our Country to help teach the values and common decency he has displayed all of his life. He is not perfect, he has made mistakes for sure, but corrupt, he is not. Is he qualified to continue in the Senate? Absolutely. If I could I would be there in AZ helping his campaign. I also like a lot of other Senators and Congressmen and women and some Governors that all have the moral values and integrity that our Country needs so desperately. Including Gov Sara Palin. She is honest and has integrity and shows promise for a brilliant Political future. Her running with Sen McCain was bad timing and I believe was a bad hand dealt to bet on when it could have been a Royal Flush.

You live and learn then move forward. As I am doing right now. You have some good pts to make ,but  in my opinion are unfounded without the facts. Opinions are opinions and nothing personal. That is what makes free speech so wonderful, yes? Take care and have a Blessed Day.!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2009 - 3:19PM #24
Christianlib

You say my opinions are "unfounded without facts."

Care to tell me where you came up with that "fact" that McCain is more qualified than 70% of the men and women serving today?

I'd like to see the statistical tables that led you to that precise percentage, please.

Oh....

Yeah, I thought so.

Well, for your info, my opinions are generally backed with fact.  It's just that long ago I learned the futility of actually posting the links for the rightists here.  They never read them.

Further, I sure don't live or die based on the agreement or approval of any right-wing posters.  It's just not important to me WHAT they think.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2009 - 3:30PM #25
Druac

I actually still like McCain and think he is a fine representative to those that voted for him.

I would have even thought he could be a good president at some point in his past.

However, his handling of his own Presidential campaign and his willingness to sell out to the right-wing made it painfully obvious he wasn't going to be a good President. As for picking Palin, I don't know the details and facts behind that, but I would bet it wasn't his first, or even second or third or fourth...choice. I think his handlers forced him into it out of desperation. After they realized the economy was most likely going to be a huge factor, they were looking for a shinny rock, but got the crap under the rock instead.

Jesus Is My Savior...He Saves Me From REALITY!
---------------------------------------------
We created god in our own image and likeness!
[George Carlin]
"Reason & Logic" - A Damn Good Slogan!
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg, an American physicist
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2009 - 4:02PM #26
Susanneyes21

hELLO.... If you do not care what " we think" then why are you answering the posts?

"Me thinks you protest too much eh?"

The fact finders site.

John McCain AZ Senator site.

AZGov/SenMcCain

I do care about others opinions and respect them, I certainly do not want to create an environment of hostility. It is JUST AN OPINION and if you do not want an honest factual answer, here is a clue....don't ask the question! Simple reasoning...problem solved.

Sen McCain is a great Senator and Humanitarian and Patriot. Why argue the point?

He is where he is supposed to be and I believe he is meant to be, as he can do more for this Country as an influential Senator that has the Spirituality, Integrity and Honor that he has shown and continues to show with his clarity and experience he has continued to display.

That is my opinion based on research, my own feelings and observation and his auto-biography and personal  history on record for anyone to read.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2009 - 4:08PM #27
Susanneyes21

Answer to post 25

I agree with what you said.

the shiny rock did lead to the crap underneath.

I like what your quote is. SO true so true.

Have a Blesed evening!

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2009 - 4:11PM #28
Ebon

I think it's up to him and the voters. No doubt, he ran a diabolical campaign and choose a disaster for a running mate (although it wasn't the personal attacks that doomed her but the fact that she came across as a complete moron) but one duff campaign doesn't have to be the end of someone's political career. McCain has his faults (his legendary temper, for starters) but there are far worse people in politics.

So long as he's healthy and the people are still willing to vote for him, it's up to him when he retires.

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2009 - 4:21PM #29
Susanneyes21

Now here is someone who actually makes the most sense.

I applaud your post and think you are correct about Palin, to a point. Sen McCain is healthy and vibrant and has so much more to offer. We all have our faults that is true. If I was stuck in a POW camp for 5 yrs I might have some residual temperment based on the frustration of pure stupidity in today's politics. So I guess we can give him that as he earned it. He would like to change the corruption and re-establish some base trust that Americans need to have in elected officials. Yet you might as well keep hitting your head on a brick wall, it ain't gonna happen.

I agree that it is Sen McCain's choice on his career retirement and I can tell you it will not be in these next 4 yrs. He is still "on fire" and believes he can make a difference. That to me is worthy of him since he holds a high track record  in the Senate and is respected by all sides of the benches. Go Sen MC CAIN!!!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook