Page 6 of 42  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 42 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: The Chill-out Café
5 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2009 - 10:10AM #51
Christianlib

Speaking of Southern cooking, Adelph.  I have a wonderful pair of books from New Orleans called "Tout de Suite, a la Microwave."

Cajun and Creole recipes adapeted for microwave.  Some are EXCELLENT, including the microwave hollandaise sauce, and the microwave Pecan Pralines.

I have adapted the praline recipe as a topping for some Praline Biscotti I kind of invented and make.

Democrats think the glass is half full.
Republicans think the glass is theirs.
Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2009 - 12:40PM #52
Ken

Jun 8, 2009 -- 5:39AM, Adelphe wrote:

LOL!  "American Protestant Festive Cuisine."  A good cookbook title!

Not if you're hoping for big sales. Try Holy Mouth Orgy! instead.

And I like Miracle Whip. 

You would. I'm an atheist. I don't believe in Miracle Whip.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2009 - 12:50PM #53
Christianlib

Well, Ken, you MAY deny the "Miracle", but you CAN'T deny that it is Whipped!Surprised

Libertarians want to break the glass, because they think a conspiracy created it.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2009 - 7:37AM #54
Adelphe

Jun 8, 2009 -- 10:10AM, Christianlib wrote:

Speaking of Southern cooking, Adelph.  I have a wonderful pair of books from New Orleans called "Tout de Suite, a la Microwave."

Cajun and Creole recipes adapeted for microwave.  Some are EXCELLENT, including the microwave hollandaise sauce, and the microwave Pecan Pralines.

I have adapted the praline recipe as a topping for some Praline Biscotti I kind of invented and make.

Can I find those recipes on line?

Not saying I like you, or anything...

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2009 - 7:39AM #55
Adelphe

Jun 8, 2009 -- 12:40PM, Ken wrote:

Not if you're hoping for big sales. Try Holy Mouth Orgy! instead.

Gasp!  Mrs. Applebee would pale and reach for her salts and Mrs. Bartleby would go into vapours!

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2009 - 10:43AM #56
Agnosticspirit

I'm an atheist. I grew up BELIEVING in the virtues of Miracle Whip..... As I grew up, so did my tastebuds..... rejecting the boxed/canned foods I was tortured with as a child,  morphed into somewhat a food purist...

Compare and contrast the ingredients between Miracle Whip and organic dijon mayo. There is nothing "miraculous" about Miracle Whip.... other than another legacy of how the Archer-Daniels Midland group has foisted high fructose corn syrup in just about EVERYTHING..... Yuch!.Foot in mouth I'll take mayo, please...

MIRACLE WHIP - DRESSING - DRESSING

Ingredients: WATER, SOYBEAN OIL, VINEGAR, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, SUGAR, SALT, ENZYME MODIFIED EGG YOLKS, MUSTARD FLOUR, ARTIFICIAL COLOR, POTASSIUM SORBATE AS A PRESERVATIVE, PAPRIKA, SPICE, NATURAL FLAVOR, DRIED GARLIC, BETA CAROTENE (COLOR). CONTAINS: EGG.
Size: 32 OZ
Upc: 2100064511

Artisan Dijon Mayonnaise, Organic

Ingredients
Organic soy oil, organic dijon mustard (water, organic grain vinegar, organic mustard seed, salt, organic spices), organic whole eggs, organic egg yolks, water, organic mustard flour, organic lemon juice concentrate. (Gluten Free)

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2009 - 10:50AM #57
Lonesentinel

Jun 9, 2009 -- 10:43AM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

I'm an atheist. I grew up BELIEVING in the virtues of Miracle Whip...

My wife favors Miracle whip over mayonnaise in most cases.  She once made the mistake of making a cake with Miracle Whip instead of with mayonnaise, as the recipe specified...(shivers with revulsion)

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2009 - 10:59AM #58
Agnosticspirit

Jun 9, 2009 -- 10:50AM, Lonesentinel wrote:

Jun 9, 2009 -- 10:43AM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

I'm an atheist. I grew up BELIEVING in the virtues of Miracle Whip...

My wife favors Miracle whip over mayonnaise in most cases.  She once made the mistake of making a cake with Miracle Whip instead of with mayonnaise, as the recipe specified...(shivers with revulsion)

LS, it is my belief! LOL..... that most who have been "brain-washed" by the Archer Daniels Midlands Corp into the Miracle Whip delusion grew up in the midwest, plains, or Rocky Mountain states. I would also guess that most who favor the NON Miraculous Miracle Whip more often than not come from a Protestant background.

Took me YEARS to recover....Smile

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2009 - 12:12PM #59
Lonesentinel

Jun 9, 2009 -- 10:59AM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

LS, it is my belief! LOL..... that most who have been "brain-washed" by the Archer Daniels Midlands Corp into the Miracle Whip delusion grew up in the midwest, plains, or Rocky Mountain states. I would also guess that most who favor the NON Miraculous Miracle Whip more often than not come from a Protestant background.

Took me YEARS to recover....Smile

Do you have some advice?...I need to find a way to get my wife out of this 'cult'!...Tongue out

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 09, 2009 - 12:20PM #60
Christianlib

Jun 9, 2009 -- 7:37AM, Adelphe wrote:

Jun 8, 2009 -- 10:10AM, Christianlib wrote:

Can I find those recipes on line?

Not saying I like you, or anything...

I've had the books for a quarter of a century, never looked online for the recipes.

The praline biscotti recipe, I recently entered in a bake-off contest.  Results to be seen.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 42  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 42 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook