Page 2 of 42  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 42 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: The Chill-out Café
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 4:21PM #11
Adelphe

Jun 2, 2009 -- 11:43AM, BeliefnetCheryl wrote:

Need a break from the debates? Pull up a chair and have a long cold iced tea and relax. Got a movie you want to recommend? Enjoyed a book lately? This is the place to relax and enjoy casual discussion. :-)

Is this a dry county or something?

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 4:22PM #12
Adelphe

Jun 2, 2009 -- 1:12PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

You've got it, LS ---- Every forum needs its social thread where members can pull up a chair, relax and talk about whatever.... I'm finishing off my iced coffee, getting ready to switch to a tall glass of iced mint/oolong tea.

I'm sure there are tea afficianados out there who are horrified by the idea of ICED oolong tea --- just as I'm rather nonplussed by those who put MILK in their tea.... It makes a world go 'round, don't it?

Meanwhile, in the RL --- I'm shopping around for a bicycle... made in the USA.... the new ones made in the US are too expensive, so I'm going used. Hope I don't kill myself on it, been 15 years since I've ridden.... :)

Tallyhoo, everyone

!

Tried to multiquote that with this...

Frown

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 4:53PM #13
Agnosticspirit

Jun 2, 2009 -- 4:21PM, Adelphe wrote:

Need a break from the debates? Pull up a chair and have a long cold iced tea and relax. Got a movie you want to recommend? Enjoyed a book lately? This is the place to relax and enjoy casual discussion. :-)

Hell, no! I hope my preference for green tea.... oolong tea.... kukichua twig tee doesn't discourage anyone else from the libation of their choice...

The great thing about a virtual bar is we can drink all we want without getting drunk, hungover, posting something even sillier than we normally would BECAUSE  we drank too much, adding to our waistline, or waking up with a stranger next to us (I'm never actually DONE this... just heard of that happening to peoples) Wink

All the fun without the consequences.... Wow, how often does THAT happen? Drawout.... usually keeps a mighty fine tequila stashed somewhere... If you ask him really nice, he may be persuaded to share.

After work, I'll be happy to share my bottle of white wine. Um.... it's only 2 buck chuck, kinda hit and miss but sometimes it's quite drinkable.

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 4:54PM #14
Agnosticspirit

Jun 2, 2009 -- 4:22PM, Adelphe wrote:

Grrr.... the REAL quote feature... the one that enables us to respond to a really lengthy post? Still doesn't work ----- grrr....

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 6:37PM #15
Stardove

Jun 2, 2009 -- 4:53PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

Hell, no! I hope my preference for green tea.... oolong tea.... kukichua twig tee doesn't discourage anyone else from the libation of their choice...

The great thing about a virtual bar is we can drink all we want without getting drunk, hungover, posting something even sillier than we normally would BECAUSE  we drank too much, adding to our waistline, or waking up with a stranger next to us (I'm never actually DONE this... just heard of that happening to peoples)

All the fun without the consequences.... Wow, how often does THAT happen? Drawout.... usually keeps a mighty fine tequila stashed somewhere... If you ask him really nice, he may be persuaded to share.

After work, I'll be happy to share my bottle of white wine. Um.... it's only 2 buck chuck, kinda hit and miss but sometimes it's quite drinkable.

Jun 2, 2009 -- 4:54PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

Grrr.... the REAL quote feature... the one that enables us to respond to a really lengthy post? Still doesn't work ----- grrr....

There are quotes inside of quotes.  I am only posting to see what happens.  I did get the multiquote function to work somewhere today.

It seems to be working! Laughing

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

Anger cannot occur unless you believe that you have been attacked, that your attack is justified in return, and that you are in no way responsible for it. ACIM

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 9:05PM #16
Adelphe

Jun 2, 2009 -- 6:37PM, Stardove wrote:

Jun 2, 2009 -- 4:53PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

The great thing about a virtual bar is we can drink all we want without getting drunk, hungover, posting something even sillier than we normally would BECAUSE  we drank too much, adding to our waistline, or waking up with a stranger next to us (I'm never actually DONE this... just heard of that happening to peoples)

Jun 2, 2009 -- 4:54PM, Agnosticspirit wrote:

There are quotes inside of quotes.  I am only posting to see what happens.  I did get the multiquote function to work somewhere today.

It seems to be working!

Trying again...

"multiquote" on post 1, "quote" on post two...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 9:06PM #17
Adelphe

Frown

Where's that tequila, again?

ETA:  Unless that was it?  Surprised

Yes, tequila, please.  Make it a double.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2009 - 10:00PM #18
Marysara722

Jun 2, 2009 -- 9:06PM, Adelphe wrote:

ETA:  Unless that was it? 

IDK, that "multi-quote" hasn't worked for me yet but oh well.

Yet as for the "Good Stuff" --- That's hiding over as the Ad-Hom Saloon on the USN/P Board.
But Shhhhhh, Sealed don't tell Drawout we told you this, he guards his stuff very, very well.

Perhaps one of us hosts over yonder can sneek a bottle or two over here.

*tip-toe -- tip-toe -- tip-toe over to the Ad-Hom*

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2009 - 7:56PM #19
Adelphe

Jun 2, 2009 -- 10:00PM, Marysara722 wrote:

Jun 2, 2009 -- 9:06PM, Adelphe wrote:

ETA:  Unless that was it? 

IDK, that "multi-quote" hasn't worked for me yet but oh well.

Yet as for the "Good Stuff" --- That's hiding over as the Ad-Hom Saloon on the USN/P Board.
But Shhhhhh,  don't tell Drawout we told you this, he guards his stuff very, very well.

Perhaps one of us hosts over yonder can sneek a bottle or two over here.

*tip-toe -- tip-toe -- tip-toe over to the Ad-Hom*

'Kay.  Thanks.  Smile

Just keep me away from any liberal Christians.

Else I'll be wanting the worm.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 03, 2009 - 8:00PM #20
Agnosticspirit

Jun 3, 2009 -- 7:56PM, Adelphe wrote:

'Kay.  Thanks. 

If Drawout doesn't wanna share his tequila, I may be able to dig up some vodka.... LOL

Just keep me away from any liberal Christians.

But who will keep you away from them?  Are non-theists more acceptable to an orthodox Christian?

Else I'll be wanting the worm.

Uggh... ate one of those once... I was very young... didn't realize you weren't suppose to actually CHEW the thing.... blech...... have never been too fond of tequila since....

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 42  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 42 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook