Page 4 of 42  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 42 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: The Chill-out Café
5 years ago  ::  Jun 05, 2009 - 8:33PM #31
puzzleman

I  tried roller blades but I spent more time on my keeyster than on the wheels. I found the grannybike on-line and assembled the two bikes together. Now my son and I ride side by side with two beach cruisers attached its a lot of fun and saves me from further injury.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 06, 2009 - 6:57AM #32
Adelphe

Jun 5, 2009 -- 5:59PM, drawout wrote:

Amen to what Adelphi said. A non believer can still be saved but someone who has had their head messed up by bad doctrines is usually beyond help. It takes a miracle for someone to believe. Thats totally different from being isolated and brainwashed into thinking its a rational decision.

That is exacatacally...right.

Jesus refers to them as wolves in sheeps clothing.

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 06, 2009 - 1:55PM #33
drawout

Agnostic one, my belief in the non existance of good people is the key to unravelling every hoax perpetrated by our poloitical parties. Luther denounced the very concept of spiritual growth wich entitles those who claim to have grown to look down their noses at the rest of the world. I do believe you can practice patience by belly breathing or remembering that Christ died for all,but falling behind in practicing that or even a single night without sleep will make you just as big a fool as anyone else. There is no permanant change. Our whole system of government is founded on the principal that men are no good therefore we must have checks and balances and no one should be above the law.

'When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.' - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 06, 2009 - 2:50PM #34
Ken

Amen to what Adelphi said. A non believer can still be saved but someone who has had their head messed up by bad doctrines is usually beyond help.

All you can do is prevent them from infecting others. That's why you used to burn them at the stake. You seem to have fallen behind in that. I realize it's against the law nowadays, but you could make it look like an accident.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 06, 2009 - 3:07PM #35
Adelphe

Jun 6, 2009 -- 2:50PM, Ken wrote:

Amen to what Adelphi said. A non believer can still be saved but someone who has had their head messed up by bad doctrines is usually beyond help.

All you can do is prevent them from infecting others. That's why you used to burn them at the stake. You seem to have fallen behind in that. I realize it's against the law nowadays, but you could make it look like an accident.

Any ideas...how?

You know, hypothetically speaking?

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 06, 2009 - 4:38PM #36
Ken

Jun 6, 2009 -- 3:07PM, Adelphe wrote:

Any ideas...how?

Invite all the Jehovah's Witnesses in town to your church picnic. Tell them you're interested. Tell them they can hand out all the copies of Watchtower they want. Arrange to have a fireworks display. Afterwards, everyone can swear that a stray spark from a Roman candle did it.   

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 06, 2009 - 4:47PM #37
Adelphe

Jun 6, 2009 -- 4:38PM, Ken wrote:

Jun 6, 2009 -- 3:07PM, Adelphe wrote:

Any ideas...how?

Invite all the Jehovah's Witnesses in town to your church picnic. Tell them you're interested. Tell them they can hand out all the copies of Watchtower they want. Arrange to have a fireworks display. Afterwards, everyone can swear that a stray spark from a Roman candle did it.   

ROFL!!!

Anyway, pshaw.  It's not the JW's we're (I'm, anyway) talking about.  It's "liberal Christians."

So, what's your next plan, O Brilliantly Devious-Minded One?

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 06, 2009 - 6:20PM #38
Ken

Jun 6, 2009 -- 4:47PM, Adelphe wrote:

Anyway, pshaw.  It's not the JW's we're (I'm, anyway) talking about.  It's "liberal Christians."

Oh. I thought you'd want to get rid of them first.

So, what's your next plan, O Brilliantly Devious-Minded One?

Well, if you don't insist on burning them, you have all sorts of options. For example, you could poison them at the picnic, then claim it was the macaroni salad. "It was such a hot day. The Miracle Whip must have gone bad." Or you could bludgeon them to death with a frozen leg of lamb, cook it, then when the police come to investigate, say "Oh, it would be a shame to waste this lovely leg of lamb," and serve it to them for dinner.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 06, 2009 - 7:15PM #39
Adelphe

Oh. I thought you'd want to get rid of them first.

No, last.  They're so out in left field, they don't even rate as scary.  Not many are in danger of falling into their trap.

Well, if you don't insist on burning them, you have all sorts of options. For example, you could poison them at the picnic, then claim it was the macaroni salad.

L.O.L.!!!!

You know WAY too much about church picnics what with Lutheran (I think?) jello sandwich loaves and macaroni salad, LOL!

"It was such a hot day. The Miracle Whip must have gone bad."

This is EXCELLENT.  However, being a man, you wouldn't probably know that the reason Miracle Whip is used at picnics is because it is eggless (or, it has vinegar which counteracts, or something...I forget.)  Now Hellman's OTOH... 

In fact, how about I treated them all to homemade mayonnaise?!?!  Complete with raw eggs!!!  Lovingly whisked together with oil, lemon juice, etc.  A French recipe! 

What?  Why, yes...I think I coddled the eggs...

Or you could bludgeon them to death with a frozen leg of lamb, cook it, then when the police come to investigate, say "Oh, it would be a shame to waste this lovely leg of lamb," and serve it to them for dinner.

Truly, you are a criminal master mind.  This is sheer genius.  Frozen, then we eat the evidence.

You're starting to scare me Dr. Jeck Kenny...

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Jun 07, 2009 - 1:31AM #40
Ken

Jun 6, 2009 -- 7:15PM, Adelphe wrote:

"It was such a hot day. The Miracle Whip must have gone bad."

This is EXCELLENT.  However, being a man, you wouldn't probably know that the reason Miracle Whip is used at picnics is because it is eggless (or, it has vinegar which counteracts, or something...I forget.)

It has huge quantities of corn syrup and sugar, which accounts in large part for its peculiar nastiness, but also for its prominence in a certain kind of American Protestant festive cuisine. It was first marketed during the depths of the Great Depression as a cheap substitute for mayonnaise. The Depression ended. Miracle Whip didn't. It's still out there, lying in wait for unwary mayonnaise lovers.   

Or you could bludgeon them to death with a frozen leg of lamb, cook it, then when the police come to investigate, say "Oh, it would be a shame to waste this lovely leg of lamb," and serve it to them for dinner.

Truly, you are a criminal master mind.  This is sheer genius.  Frozen, then we eat the evidence.

The genius, alas, belongs to Roald Dahl:

www.classicshorts.com/stories/lamb.html

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 42  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 42 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook