Page 34 of 42  •  Prev 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 42 Next
Switch to Forum Live View
Sticky: The Chill-out Café
5 years ago  ::  Feb 15, 2010 - 3:54PM #331
solfeggio

LOL  Oh, that is seriously gross.

On the other hand, I'm not very big on Valentine's Day myself because it is just another one of those 'made up' holidays that the card companies use to make money.

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2010 - 9:36AM #332
Agnosticspirit

Well, I hope the next card Mark sends us for St. Patty's day is a little less.. yuch! I usually enjoy corn beef and cabbage on that day, no green beer please!

Tribalism, ethnocentricism, racism, nationalism, and FEAR is the Mind Killer... >:(

For user to user support and to look up the latest glitch reports, check the Beliefnet Knowledgebase by clicking on the link below!

Beliefnet Knowledgebase
Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Mar 04, 2010 - 12:49AM #333
Mlyons619

Don't give me any ideas, agnosticspiririt...Tongue out

I can think of things a LOT worse than green beer...

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2010 - 12:31PM #334
Stardove

Little Boxes

The full 1961 studio recording of Malvina Reynold's classic: "Little Boxes".  Released on Omni Records.

Song Notes:

Malvina and her husband were on their way from where they lived in Berkeley, through San Francisco and down the peninsula to La Honda where she was to sing at a meeting of the Friends Committee on Legislation (not the PTA, as Pete Seeger says in the documentary about Malvina, Love It Like a Fool). As she drove through Daly City, she said Bud, take the wheel. I feel a song coming on........which was Little Boxes.

I know that feeling when all of a sudden you realize you have been given a song and can't find the paper and pen fast enough to write it down, so you don't forget it. 

Beliefnet Community Wide Moderator ~ Peace Love Stardove
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2010 - 12:31PM #335
Stardove

Little Boxes

The full 1961 studio recording of Malvina Reynold's classic: "Little Boxes".  Released on Omni Records.

Song Notes:

Malvina and her husband were on their way from where they lived in Berkeley, through San Francisco and down the peninsula to La Honda where she was to sing at a meeting of the Friends Committee on Legislation (not the PTA, as Pete Seeger says in the documentary about Malvina, Love It Like a Fool). As she drove through Daly City, she said Bud, take the wheel. I feel a song coming on........which was this one.

I know that feeling when all of a sudden you realize you have been given a song and can't find the paper fast enough to write it down, so you don't forget it.

The words I speak and write carry energy and power, so I choose them with care and clear purpose. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2010 - 12:56PM #336
Mlyons619

"No freedom without education"
            --Thomas Jefferson

"NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition"
            -- Monty Python
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2010 - 11:18PM #337
Stardove

Least we forget Happy Passover.

Passover in 2010 started on Tuesday, the 30th of March and will continue for 7 days until Monday, the 5th of April.

Some years Good Friday does not fall duing Passover.  The year it did. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2010 - 11:26PM #338
Stardove

Okay gang I'm about to call it a night....since it is.  Currently my profile picture is my grandson sticking out his tongue.  He does have a pouty lip, just like Moon (me).  I'm posting the picture here so you can see just how cute Parker is.  He turned 5 months on the 7th of this month.  His parents came into town for Pop (husband) and my birthdays.  It was so good to see all of them.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 05, 2010 - 8:17PM #339
teilhard

Sister StarDove --

... WAKE ... UP ... !!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 09, 2010 - 10:01AM #340
Merope

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

To all amongst us who are mothers, grandmothers, great-grandmothers,
great-great-grandmothers, and ... well, you get the picture :-)

Kiss

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 34 of 42  •  Prev 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 42 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook